Old  May 18th, 2011, 1:33pm     #1
AnahsSkcor
Grand Master Sweeper

Update on Wawa contest.. Cheaters!
Got this email today.. Hope this means people like me who played fair have a shot of winning! Thanks to all who voted for me again!

We’re sending this email out to everyone who has registered in the Wawa Happiness Ambassador Contest. First, we want to say thank you. We’re so pleased with the response we’ve gotten to this contest and the excitement you’ve shared with us about our smoothies.

Unfortunately, it has come to our attention that some entrants used unfair voting practices to improve their position in the contest. Enhancing votes is against the rules and just not in the spirit of the contest.

To rectify this, we’ll be adjusting the votes on those entries where we know these rules have been breached. This ensures that the voting levels are fair and no one is benefitting from inappropriate voting practices. Winners will be selected based on fair and valid votes only.
  Old  May 19th, 2011, 3:39pm     #2
AnahsSkcor
Grand Master Sweeper

Surprised no one had anything to say in regards to this..
  Old  May 19th, 2011, 4:08pm     #3
Miki
Grand Master Sweeper

This is the first time I've read this thread. I think some haven't responded only because, it's not a big surprise that there is cheating in the voting world. This is one reason I very rarely ever enter a voting sweep.

SWAGBUCKS
"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
  Old  May 19th, 2011, 4:08pm     #4
secular
Grand Master Sweeper

I hope your entry wasn't affected.
  Old  May 19th, 2011, 6:13pm     #5
ironbutterfly
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnahsSkcor View Post
Surprised no one had anything to say in regards to this..
I wonder if it's a member here? I'm sorry OP, I no longer vote in them.

Like Miki said, seems as if there is at least one vent a week or so about cheating in voting contests. I know some members do very well on them but others seems to get shit on no matter what they do. And it has been posted that people claim to vote and really don't.

I think the people who have these voting contests are geniuses They generate so much traffic and free publicity, with people posting links everywhere on the net to their site, all for one or two prizes. Especially the daily votes sending thousands of hits a day.

All I Want For You My Son Is To Be Satisfied
  Old  May 19th, 2011, 10:14pm     #6
Globug_47
Grand Master Sweeper

I'm with Miki and IB on this. I detest voting contests, feel that they're nothing more than a popularity thing and that usually brings out the worst in people. I have seen some perfectly wonderful women become two-headed monsters once they were entered in a voting contest.

I'm not suprised this happened though.....seems to go along with the territory. Glad to see that the sponsors caught this, are acknowledging it and correcting it.

Good luck to you once the dust settles.

Old  May 19th, 2011, 11:06pm     #7
AnahsSkcor
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki View Post
This is the first time I've read this thread. I think some haven't responded only because, it's not a big surprise that there is cheating in the voting world. This is one reason I very rarely ever enter a voting sweep.
I agree, it still stinks though
  Old  May 19th, 2011, 11:06pm     #8
AnahsSkcor
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globug_47 View Post
I'm with Miki and IB on this. I detest voting contests, feel that they're nothing more than a popularity thing and that usually brings out the worst in people. I have seen some perfectly wonderful women become two-headed monsters once they were entered in a voting contest.

I'm not suprised this happened though.....seems to go along with the territory. Glad to see that the sponsors caught this, are acknowledging it and correcting it.

Good luck to you once the dust settles.
Thanks Glo!
  Old  May 19th, 2011, 11:37pm     #9
eyzofblu63
Grand Master Sweeper

I feel for you. I lost out to a cheater in mine. This guy had the nerve to call the sponsor and tell them I had multiple FB account I was using to vote for myself ( I have 1 and only voted for myself once on the last day when I saw he was ahead again) He was the one with at least two (possibly more) accounts, which I proved to the sponsor btw . (which should have DQ'd him immediately IMHO, I don't mind losing, but not to a cheat). He also tried to get me DQ'd for asking for votes here.

I was not DQ'd, she said straight out asking for votes is kind of the point, you are suppose to ask and she saw I was not the person he sent her the link for that was supposedly my other account.

She told me they would be printing out all the votes for the whole contest and go over them, if she saw there was multiple votes a day from the same IP, the person would be DQ'd. She said it would get over on the 16th at 5pm, they would go over all the data and announce the winner on June 1st.

At 4pm on the 16th he was on their page asking when the winner would be announced, the suspense was killing him. At 6pm, he was announced the winner. How they printed out and went through thousands of votes in an hour, I'll never know. There is no way they went through the votes with a fine tooth comb like she said she would.

It sucks to lose to a cheater, it sucks more that the sponsor did not do what they said they would and make sure there was no cheating.

All I can say is, yes, I am pissed, but I have to believe there is something bigger and better coming my way.

OP, I am glad they realized there was cheating going on and I hope once they DQ those people you win this thing. Cheaters should NEVER WIN. People like you who stuck to the rules should. GL!!!!
  Old  May 20th, 2011, 7:20am     #10
LadyCat
Grand Master Sweeper

sadly true IB sadly true i learned that the hard way

Every entry is a potential Winner -