Old  April 14th, 2011, 8:33pm     #1
bunkydust
Senior Sweeper

web site down
4/14/11 been getting a message all day long "database error" got on late this afternoon for about a half hour and then got this message again and have not been able to get back on just keep getting that message. Hope you can get it fixed soon! thanks, Mike
  Old  April 14th, 2011, 8:37pm     #2
plucks
Sweeper

I'm having the same problem Can't get to my sweeps and only access to a couple of pages. Anyone know what the problem is? Are they still in business?
  Old  April 14th, 2011, 9:07pm     #3
elangomatt
Master Sweeper

It is usually a good idea to see if there is a post about a problem with a website being down before you make a new message. There are even posts in this very forum about the database problem!

Anyway, the database errors have been occurring for pretty much the whole day. I guess that OLS was up for a bit earlier this afternoon but it went down again after a bit. We assume that the problem is being worked on and can just hope it is fixed soon. Some people have posted that it went down about 3am this morning which, depending on the time zone, I think could have been around the time when the normal backup occurs.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't!
  Old  April 14th, 2011, 9:14pm     #4
traumer
Senior Sweeper

Why is OLS Down
Where are the mods?? Why haven't they or someone from OLS posted somewhere telling us why the site isn't working??

ENTER, THEN YOU CAN WIN!!
  Old  April 14th, 2011, 9:20pm     #5
*Kim*
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Editor

Because we are in the same boat. We don't have any information either.

We are just as frustrated as you are.

KB posted on the OLS Facebook about 7 hours ago:

Quote:
Hey guys - KB here. The moderators and editors (and myself) do not know anything other than what you all know, that the site is down. I wish I had more info for you and aplogize that I did not post earlier but am in a conference for work and just jumped on as my texts, emails and FB messages continue to blow up LOL. If I find anything out, I will be sure to update. Thank you for your patience!
  Old  April 14th, 2011, 9:31pm     #6
debmon
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Kim* View Post
Because we are in the same boat. We don't have any information either.

We are just as frustrated as you are.

KB posted on the OLS Facebook about 7 hours ago:
Well thanks for the update - I'd like to post some daily prize links but don't know if the ones I would post would be premium or not.

Seems our OLS family has a lot of whiners lately - LOL
  Old  April 14th, 2011, 9:42pm     #7
The Rose
Senior Sweeper

had the same problem. Deleted cookies and it worked
  Old  April 14th, 2011, 9:44pm     #8
debmon
Master Sweeper

You can go to the forums and look in the new sweeps section and find the sweeps - it takes alot more time but it's working for me.
  Old  April 14th, 2011, 9:58pm     #9
cpnqn
Grand Master Sweeper

few tips... for those not as familiar with the forums...

Instant win sweeps- all have an attachment in forums, in the winners areas (premium are only in the premium forums). If you are looking for an instant sweep you can't remember, look in the winners areas- you will probably find it that way.

ALL sweeps posted are automatically backed up to the forums, as mentioned earlier. You will find them by going to 'new sweeps' and clicking there.

This IS a longer method of getting the job done- but, if it means nothing or that- well...

Wish you all the best, hopefully this one comes with some upgrades we've ALL been anticipating...
  Old  April 15th, 2011, 11:37am     #10
tlak
Master Sweeper

If people could obviously get to the forums why wasn't at least a site down message posted? And matbe a MODS notification.
Closed Thread