Old  March 19th, 2011, 5:05pm     #1
gibson777
Sweeper

Make a living by sweeping?
I am curious to know if there are others that actually make a living by sweeping and if so, how much are they averaging. Also, how many consecutive years they been soley sweeping for an income. Can it be done? If so, how do you do it?
  Old  March 19th, 2011, 6:33pm     #2
Harry
Senior Sweeper
Founding Member

Not possible.
  Old  March 19th, 2011, 6:50pm     #3
bigskwinner
Grand Master Sweeper

not gonna happen LOL, esp if you pay taxes on every win you get, whether its that free choc bar you won in the wrapper or that trip

my wins

you JELLY?
  Old  March 19th, 2011, 6:58pm     #4
ResourcePress
Grand Master Sweeper

The only way it would happen for me is if I won a million dollar prize, paid out as $40,000 per year, over a twenty five year period OR a million dollar prize paid out as $50,000 per year over a twenty year period. Otherwise, wins are too spotty to count on paying the bills.

Wishing & hoping & thinking & praying, planning & dreaming... and entering!
  Old  March 19th, 2011, 9:44pm     #5
cosmo2012
Senior Sweeper

I'd love to do this for a living, but frankly the odds are not in our favor. There are MANY small giveaways, but not many high dollar contests.

I think a dog walking business would get you more money than if you were sweeping 8 hours a day everyday.

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it; but I'm afraid God would ask me the same question.
  Old  March 19th, 2011, 9:47pm     #6
sammee
Senior Sweeper

Supplimental income at best. I had 2 trips last year. Paid the taxes this year, so it's like buy one, get one free.
  Old  March 19th, 2011, 11:00pm     #7
birdpix
Senior Master Sweeper

Can't count on lucky...

Had a couple astounding years when starting out doing online sweeps with multiple HOF (over 5k) cash wins.

BUT, since then, wins have been far and few between. If I were counting on sweeping to pay the bills, I would be in BIG trouble as last couple years have been s-l-o-w on wins and it seems many more companies are going the "blog" or social media route (it's much cheaper for them!) and the number of big traditional sweeps seems to be less every year. Plus, with the economy being so bad, there are more people than ever entering, or worse, cheating using unethical computer programs.

I still enter often but it's been a REALLY long time since I've had fedex knock on the door with a big prize win affie!

Eric in Florida
"Believe It & It WILL Come True" - Jimmy Buffett
  Old  March 20th, 2011, 1:13am     #8
Jodimae
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibson777 View Post
I am curious to know if there are others that actually make a living by sweeping and if so, how much are they averaging. Also, how many consecutive years they been soley sweeping for an income. Can it be done? If so, how do you do it?
By saying others, do you mean that you do??
If so, please tell me how!!

I have ALOT of enteries out there, and have over 3K expired in mysweeps, that doesn't include the ones I enter I find on my own... and I have won ONCE in almost 2 years... the win is worth MAYBE 9.99 (I recieved notification yesterday for a book)
  Old  March 20th, 2011, 1:19am     #9
bigskwinner
Grand Master Sweeper

I think you can have fun with it, stack away stuff for bdays and the holidays but you will need to read up on the forums and see how everyone suggests how to start, then once you are more comfortable, find a way that works for you

my way works for me (I spend my wake up routine entering before I head to work)

also be selective to what you want to win so you are not disappointed by your first win

I've been lucky enough to have quite a few decent wins this month and am quite happy with what i've been winning

my wins

you JELLY?
  Old  March 20th, 2011, 1:23am     #10
Deedles
Senior Master Sweeper

In all the years I have been sweeping I have only won one thing over $500. So making a living by sweeping would never happen--at least for me.

Old  March 20th, 2011, 1:35am     #11
LUCKYLADY43
Master Sweeper

Smile
Nope this is a hobby for me and that's all , the minute it becomes work for me then it's time to quit because then it's not fun anymore!
  Old  March 20th, 2011, 1:37am     #12
captain_kirk24
Master Sweeper

It would depend on the standard of living desired. I doubt that many would be willing to live at a standard of living that could be achieved by an income derived solely from sweepstakes.
  Old  March 20th, 2011, 1:44am     #13
RockysJewel
Grand Master Sweeper

no, years ago perhaps but no way can you now
  Old  March 20th, 2011, 1:48am     #14
cpnqn
Grand Master Sweeper

No.

I'll explain to you the way I explained to a relative who is about my age & very internet saavy, her wheels were spinning trying to find a way...

I win often, nicely and great prizes...

However, the chances of being able to sell those prizes (since few prizes are actually cash in hand) for their ARV are typically super-slim, it'd be impossible to make a living per say (like have cash to pay bills). Nobody is going to buy my $600 office chair- nor will they pay for my $800 bracelets, typically folks that can afford those things- also can afford to go into the store. Even cutting that in half- it'd be a waste to sell or deal with, because I still couldn't pay bills with it AND the products I get are way better than we could normally afford or get so, I'd actually lose twice trying to sell them for half. My products rock, they last forever (or until a new win replaces them) and they keep us well.

I'm down to averaging around 20k a year (was around 30k or more). Last year was a TOUGH year for me, with lots going on here. We also lost some special folks that contributed greatly to this community in posting and finding sweeps, leaving those duties to fall upon the few. With more and more coming here to steal them and 'share' with open communities- competition is getting tougher, since all the lazy ones know to come here and pay $30 and they can just steal them without having to work for it at all. (I guess they must not sweep, because that's really stupid if they do?)

Our household runs well over 20k a year or even 30k a year.

Sweeping is more of a hobby & lifestyle improvement (like most hobbies can be) if you get into it.
I would have gotten many items anyway- and probably GOOD items, higher and and such... Nowhere NEAR the caliber of the ones I won, but they would have been nice & probably taken me many more years to make a priority to get them this soon.

We are definitely spoiled rotten, and it's almost sickening- until you realize, how MUCH we put back INTO it. I'm working on it- in some form or fashion, all the time. I'm finding them, I'm mailing them, I'm filling them out, calling them in, driving around town to enter... It's ONLY sickening to those that aren't sweepers, most sweepers can tit-for-tat stories on wins and such right along side me and probably BETTER than me! I work hard, I give back to others, I share with the community that helped me learn and get here- I EARNED what I get!

I was always a work-a-holic. I can still pull the numbers at work of 4 people that do that position, so I'm WAY ahead without blinking there. I'm extremely energetic with insomnia... Every day- I work, sweep, cook, clean, make lunches for 2 plus shuttle the kids to and from activities and school, coordinate them, plus do my OTHER volunteer activities in the community... I'm going non-stop. Sweeping, is work in a way- but, relaxing in a way because it's the only time I really think about things just for ME (granted, I post many hoping others want them or are interested as well... but, that's just because the community has been good to me!)

I'd probably have a better chance- making a living on craigslist selling deals I can get here in town.
  Old  March 20th, 2011, 3:09am     #15
hadriana
Master Sweeper

No way!
if I had to rely on sweeping for income I'd be underneath the poor house.

Am on the ground floor as it is. lol

considering that 1/2 of my wins are stuff I really don't even need....because you enter for what you DO want but that's rarely what you win!

2014 wins April up
***MyWins
[http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com...**2011 My Wins