Old  January 1st, 2011, 10:09pm     #31
Hhhyyyddd
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesta67 View Post
DH and I are watching it on HGTV right now and discussing that we would definitely keep it if we won. I did some research and figured taxes would be appx $25K per year in that area. However, also looking at rentals in that same community it looks like a regular 4 bedroom home gets about $1800 per night rental during ski season. (And that is NOT as awesome as this house.) So, we would rent it out a few weeks a year and live there the rest of the time! We love that area anyway.

I WANT TO WIN!!!!!!
I remember something about the family that did end up keeping the house thinking they would rent it and not being allowed to do so because of the local homeowner's association or something of that nature.
  Old  January 1st, 2011, 10:47pm     #32
nesta67
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hhhyyyddd View Post
I remember something about the family that did end up keeping the house thinking they would rent it and not being allowed to do so because of the local homeowner's association or something of that nature.
Actually I looked in this actual community where it is located in Stowe (Spruce Peak) and there are homes for rent by the week both by owner and through agencies. I am really researching this because I plan to win!!!

Old  January 1st, 2011, 10:47pm     #33
dtaylor98
Master Sweeper

I saw it on HGTV and thought it is a beautiful house. Unfortunately, we couldn't afford to live there so I'd take the cash option.

my 2010 wins
my 2011 wins
my 2012 wins
my 2013 wins
my 2014 wins
  Old  January 1st, 2011, 10:57pm     #34
lilac100
Master Sweeper

I actually love this house. The last few I wasn't that excited about but this one is my style. If they would let you rent it out for part of the year I would want to keep it. It is perfect in every way. OMG what other dreamhouse has had sleeping for 14???? I was just thrilled it had 3 bedrooms, then they added the dorm and it turned awesome. Can you imagine waking up to the pink slopes out your bedroom window.

Anyway if you can't rent it the cash option is awesome.

A New Year with New Possibilities.
  Old  January 1st, 2011, 11:06pm     #35
tupik3702
Grand Master Sweeper

Red face Fabulous Prize
Good Luck to Everyone!!!