Old  November 30th, 2010, 9:50am     #1
elmomomi
Master Sweeper

Toys R Us "class action lawsuit"
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere before, or where I should post it...
but I came across information on Class Action lawsuit for Toys R Us

The Toys “R” Us class action lawsuit alleges that Toys “R” Us engaged in unlawful business practices by failing to provide full refunds for merchandise credit to customers who returned gifts purchased online to a retail store. If you returned merchandise purchased online to a Babies “R” Us or Toys “R” Us retail store, and received return credit less than the actual purchase amount, you’re considered a class member and eligible to receive a free Merchandise Credit to be used at any Babies “R” Us or Toys “R” Us retail store or online at Babiesrus.com or Toysrus.com.

$10 Toys “R” Us Class Action Settlement: If Toys “R” Us can determine from its records that you returned a gift purchased over the internet from Babiesrus.com or Toysrus.com to a retail store and did not receive a full merchandise credit refund, you will automatically receive a $10 Merchandise Certificate by email or First Class Mail. You will know you are eligible for this automatic settlement award if you received a Class Action Notice. If you did, you do not need to submit a claim form to receive this benefit. However, you also have the option of making a claim for the actual amount you were shorted from the return, which is equal to the purchase price of the item returned less the actual amount previously refunded. In order to use this option, you must submit a claim form with supporting documentation by the deadline.

$5 Toys “R” Us Class Action Settlement: If Toys “R” Us cannot determine from their records whether you returned a gift purchased online to a retail store and did not receive a full refund, you can receive a $5 Merchandise Certificate if you submit a valid claim form by the deadline. No documentation is needed. However, you will also have the option of receiving the actual amount you were shorted after a gift return if you can provide documentation along with your claim form.

Claim forms must be submitted electronically to settlement@toysrus.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or postmarked no later than February 3, 2011. Claim forms and instructions on how to file a valid claim to receive your $5 or $10 Toys “R” Us gift certificate can be found at www.toysrusinc.com/settlement.

2012 Wins 2013 Wins
  Old  November 30th, 2010, 10:17am     #2
jennireesa
Master Sweeper

BRU and TRU have the worst return policy I've ever seen. NO returns/exhanges (not even a credit for another purchase) without a receipt....period! No receipt...too bad! I think we all misplace things at times or receive gifts that we don't want/need and want to return. I hate shopping there for that reason.

"To the world you may be one person,
but to one person you may be the world."
-Heather Cortez
  Old  November 30th, 2010, 11:21am     #3
LUCKYLADY43
Master Sweeper

Smile
  Old  November 30th, 2010, 12:16pm     #4
zelda
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennireesa View Post
BRU and TRU have the worst return policy I've ever seen. NO returns/exhanges (not even a credit for another purchase) without a receipt....period! No receipt...too bad! I think we all misplace things at times or receive gifts that we don't want/need and want to return. I hate shopping there for that reason.

I don't blame them, about the no reciepts . I used to belong to another message forum. I could not tell you the number of posts I read where people were bragging about going to target after Christmas for the 70% off sale, or for their black friday deals (before toysrus had this policy), then taking the items they purashed to toysrus to return them for full price.

If I were them I would have changed the policy too

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8...nniesigbw1.jpg
  Old  November 30th, 2010, 12:29pm     #5
carp911
Master Sweeper

Class action lawsuits suck. Consumers may get a buck or two back, the company gets their money back by raising prices, and blood sucking attorneys walk away with countless millions. Greedy a** attorneys only win. Like Don Henley sang - Let's kill all the lawyers, kill 'em tonight.

It is the Military who salutes YOUR flag, who serves beneath YOUR flag, whose coffin is draped by YOUR flag, and who by their service allows the protester to burn YOUR flag.