Old  September 28th, 2010, 12:52pm     #1
outwardspace
Master Sweeper

Question Are Sweeps & Contests like a full-time job to you?
Do you spend hours upon hours sweeping that it's turning into a full-time or part-time job?
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 12:56pm     #2
implode
Master Sweeper

I spend 3-4 hours a day, but have never rationalized it as being a job. To me to think of it as a job is kinda insane.

Hall of Fame Winner of a trip to NZ!!!
Hall of Fame Winner of $10,000!!!
Hall of Fame winner of Super Bowl Trip!!!
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 1:08pm     #3
louiseb130
Master Sweeper

I always joke to my friends that sweeping is my part time job! I don't need the income to live on, but it has provided me with a steady income to get the little extra things that I might not have otherwise been able to afford.
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 1:10pm     #4
fangirl
Master Sweeper

I joke around that it's my second job. It helps others to understand that it's not all about luck. There is a lot of work to it too. Work that is a fun hobby!
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 1:14pm     #5
Scooterino
Master Sweeper

Right now they are, because I'm unemployed. Before I entered the workforce again after being a SAHM, I would enter all the time, then I went back to work full time for the past 5 years and rarely had time to get one entry into each sweeps, let alone multiple entries! Now that I've been out of work for a month, I'm spending about 3 hours each day entering. It's been fruitful though and reinstated my excitement for sweeping~!
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 1:24pm     #6
ResourcePress
Grand Master Sweeper

The sweeping is pretty quick for me, so it doesn't seem like a job. But the contesting takes up a bunch of time, and it can seem like a part-time job. The payoff has been the cat's meow since it's helped me put our kids through college and given us meet&greets that we would have never been able to buy.

Wishing & hoping & thinking & praying, planning & dreaming... and entering!
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 1:28pm     #7
mom2anutball
Senior Sweeper

I don't really look at it like a job, but I do look at it like its my contribution to our home. Without sweeping, my kids wouldn't have had much for their birthdays this year.

Search and Earn with me at SWAGBUCKS!!
Message me if you would like an invite to Superpoints! You can earn Amazon GC's and Paypal really fast!! HERE is one invite worth 75 BONUS points!!
This invite is worth 50 BONUS Superpoints!
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 1:30pm     #8
bdc63
Senior Master Sweeper

some days I put WAY to much time into this hobby.

I VOTERS! - Stop by the Voting Forums and Help Out Some Fellow OLSer!
2010-Winnings-ThanksOLS!
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 1:47pm     #9
mrstrooper
Senior Sweeper

Smile
Think of it as just a fun, rewarding hobby!

Your Contesting Friend
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 1:50pm     #10
fly18grl21
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2anutball View Post
I don't really look at it like a job, but I do look at it like its my contribution to our home. Without sweeping, my kids wouldn't have had much for their birthdays this year.
I look at it the same way. Plus occasioanly we get a vacation out of it from a trip win. But this is not my source of income. HA I would be in the poorhouse.
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 2:28pm     #11
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

I don't spend that much time sweeping, but even when I'm pressed for time or don't have the inclination to sweep, I feel compelled to enter some anyway. So, in that sense, sweeping is sort of like a job. I certainly don't depend on it to make a living, epsecially these last two years when I have won very little.

Our task must be to free ourselves...by widening our circle of compassion
to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.

Albert Einstein
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 2:29pm     #12
ringois
Master Sweeper

I think of it as a fun, and sometimes rewarding, hobby. IMHO, if it starts feeling like "work" then it's time to slow down. LOL

"Love is known best by the blind, for it is meant to be known by the heart, not by the eyes."
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 3:13pm     #13
obxhatteraslight
Senior Master Sweeper

That was
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringois View Post
I think of it as a fun, and sometimes rewarding, hobby. IMHO, if it starts feeling like "work" then it's time to slow down. LOL
what I was thinking.

Visit my Tupperware Site. Messasge me if you would like to join my mailing list. Free gift!!Free shipping Thursday 27th on order of $100. Check out my ad under business classifieds.
www.mytupperware.com/aimeemcnamara516
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 3:56pm     #14
dementeddoll
Senior Master Sweeper

it only feels like work at the end of the month when i see 1100+ ending!

See my AWESOME wins!!!
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 7:51pm     #15
cpnqn
Grand Master Sweeper

in some ways...

I'm reading this while I'm so sick I don't even WANNA enter- yet, I wanna stay up on what's happening around here so I am trying to read & focus for it. In that way- yes, it can be work.

However, I actually ENJOY it because it's one of few things I do completely for ME (while it's typically going to others in my house, it's still for ME).

I'm a super nerd, so it's not unusual for me to be way deep in any hobby I do. When I first bought the house, it was months of sewing curtains & quilts for every holiday & room. When I couponed, it was hours plugging in spread sheets & learning bar codes. When I do ANYTHING I'm 110% if not more. I was a workaholic when I worked, I still am- now, I just have my family to work for.

I don't FEEL like these things are work though as I enjoy the feeling of finding an posting a new sweep & then, <SOMETIMES> seeing someone here win it (I say sometimes, because others make me wanna scream I wanted that! lol.) I like UPS & Fedex getting the hang of where I live- though being so sick today, I was grumbly when fedex showed up TWICE before noon as I'm medicated & barely moving to my door. (Expected packages tho, why he didn't get them all here the first time, I dunno!) Nothing makes me more giddy than new electronics, or kitchen items- I'm totally hoping kraft or some other major brand decides to team up with a major kitchen supplier & start tossing out beautiful new stove/ovens or something else fancy to cook their products with. I LOVE seeing those types of promotions where you are just floored- it's genious! Like a laundry soap company that actually is giving away a washer & dryer to USE the newest products they make with it? LOVE IT!

I also learn ALOT because I'm reading alot. Knowing about the latest items and goings on- is something I enjoy. My friends & family use my knowledge of these things as well when it's time to go in for purchases.

I rarely had this much fun working- although, I did love my job I could have done without office politics or brown-nosing-ladder-climbers. Some of that goes on here- but, for the most part I can tune it out if I choose to. If I don't like the sweeper doing it, I don't HAVE to communicate with them- unlike my office.

Tags
full-time, job, part-time