Old  July 6th, 2010, 8:02am     #1
suegirl145
Sweeper

Getting real tired of not hearing anything
I can't understand how day after day, week after week, year after year, I don't get any news about any wins. I enter sweeps all day, how is it possible that my last win was years ago?!

I thought maybe roboform was sabatoging me, but then I found a thread that said almost everyone uses it.

I guess it's kinda silly to say, since most sweepers like to hear this news, but im on the verge on quitting. I feels like the recession and all these blogs have changed the game, I used to win a few things, now nothing at all?!
  Old  July 6th, 2010, 9:21am     #2
valcal
Master Sweeper

Me too. Although I have been winning small stuff, here & there, just enough to keep me going somewhat. But in the past 2 months, I do sweeps maybe once a week & not even all of them. At least I can say, I've been getting stuff done around my house.
  Old  July 6th, 2010, 9:26am     #3
dovie
Senior Master Sweeper

Are you entering for the smaller prizes? There is a lot more competition for the cars, houses, cash etc, but there are prizes still to be won.

Anything that makes it harder to enter like some sort of skill (essay, recipe, etc) ups your odds of winning since less will enter.

You also might try the lots of prizes category to up your odds.

I am sure I get less big prizes, but overall I had 3 + wins a week last year and I think it's something like 2 this year but I've not really been as consistent.

I've won a few on twitter as well- I know a lot of people don't like the way sweeps are heading (blogs, fb, twitter) but if you would start you would probably be winning.

Also (can't personally verify) a friend who won something from one of the larger sponsors - not eprize, possibly Marden Kane - I really can't remember right now but at the time they mentioned it, it was just as recognizable to me- told me they dq a lot of people for having a lot of entries from the same isp # and since the person was willing to talk my friend asked about people who live in dorms or apts and stuff and here's how this one place told them they did it - it there was more than a handful of entries they would go back and look at things like the names, the entry times -because if it was a dorm or complex or work or something they would NOT all be in a row whereas someone entering for many household members/whatever would possibly enter, backspace, enter, backspace etc, at least that was one of the tells for them.

Not saying you or anyone is doing that, just what I heard so IMO it is just good practice to enter for myself and send the link if there is someone in my family or whatever to enter for themselves if I think they would really really want it.

Best of luck to you- it seems that sometimes when people complain about no wins they get out of their streak and start winning, I really hope that happens for you.

MY LOONYVERSE
TIPS ON WINNING
  Old  July 6th, 2010, 9:47am     #4
jolee62
Grand Master Sweeper

Me too

Old  July 6th, 2010, 10:15am     #5
sammyspet
Sweeper

Smile Lets post big wins from OLS
Anyone that won somedthing big please post this. We want to know if it worth entering these sweepstakes..Some peoples do not want you to know that they won jus like inning the lottery.
  Old  July 6th, 2010, 10:29am     #6
Theotothez
Gone Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegirl145 View Post
I can't understand how day after day, week after week, year after year, I don't get any news about any wins. I enter sweeps all day, how is it possible that my last win was years ago?!

I thought maybe roboform was sabatoging me, but then I found a thread that said almost everyone uses it.

I guess it's kinda silly to say, since most sweepers like to hear this news, but im on the verge on quitting. I feels like the recession and all these blogs have changed the game, I used to win a few things, now nothing at all?!
I enter almost any and everything until I win a big prize. I would say don't give up but you are your own person.

Quote:
Remember I told you when you started...the guys who last in this business...are the guys who fly straight...low-key, quiet. And the guys who want it all...chicas, champagne, flash...they don't last. You finished? Can I go now?
  Old  July 7th, 2010, 10:42am     #7
sammyspet
Sweeper

Smile Big prize wins
Has anyone won a big prize such as a car or a vacation?
  Old  July 7th, 2010, 10:46am     #8
margarita_mama
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyspet View Post
Has anyone won a big prize such as a car or a vacation?
check out the winner's circle and the Hall of Fame subforum. A lot of people don't post their wins, big or small.

My Motherload of Wins
  Old  July 7th, 2010, 10:55am     #9
jafarhie
Master Sweeper

You need to think outside the box. With the competition increasing daily just entering through OLS most likely won't grant you a win. Try local contesting, join a sweepstakes group in your area, find contests in local stores, try snailing, etc.

Back in the day when you just entered through OLS you were guaranteed wins big and small. I remember at one point I was winning at least 4 prizes a week. With the introduction of blogs, facebook, and Twitter it's just not the same anymore. Companies have reduced the amount of prizes distributed and have adopted the blog mentality. So, you need to be creative when entering, try recipe contests or something.
  Old  July 7th, 2010, 11:03am     #10
tomfarr
Senior Master Sweeper

The secret to winning is not to limit yourself to OLS. Enter everything and way you see. Over the years Ive won a 42" HDTV and trips from OLS. Yesterday's mail brought $100 GC from 7UP and the entry from OLS. Consistently I receive more than enough to pay for the cost of going green.
Many thanks to all those that post the various sweeps, answers and UPC codes.

"As you ramble through Life, Brother,
Whatever be your goal.
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole."
  Old  July 7th, 2010, 11:43am     #11
bucbratt
Senior Master Sweeper

I still win a lot. I suggest getting a premium membership...it always pays for itself over and over again. I don't have time to enter everything I want on OLS, so I don't need to go anywhere else. I don't enter for my husband or anyone else and I don't get to enter that often. I usually only look at the premiums.

If you can stand it, do some blogs...I have great luck at those when I have the time to do them.

I win quite a bit from local radio stations when I remember to go to their websites and enter!
  Old  July 7th, 2010, 3:29pm     #12
ContestScott33
Master Sweeper

For those that have 2-3 wins a week - do you enter the dailys daily? - and how many do you enter overall?

I have 180+ in mysweeps and haven't won anything this week - unless you count a BOGO coupon or maybe a coupon for money off or a free coupon (but they have millions to give out) - so i really don't count those as wins as "everyone" gets a prize type deal on that...

But do your 2-3 wins a week include the above? or they tangable items that come by a delivery service?
  Old  July 7th, 2010, 3:50pm     #13
jhannum44
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContestScott33 View Post
For those that have 2-3 wins a week - do you enter the dailys daily? - and how many do you enter overall?

I have 180+ in mysweeps and haven't won anything this week - unless you count a BOGO coupon or maybe a coupon for money off or a free coupon (but they have millions to give out) - so i really don't count those as wins as "everyone" gets a prize type deal on that...

But do your 2-3 wins a week include the above? or they tangable items that come by a delivery service?
I haven't won two or three times a week in ages, though I used to.
I keep about 1,000 in My Sweeps and enter each of the the dailies three or four times a month.
I've won two international trips in the last three months and about $5,000 in other prizes this year. Even though I am winning fewer prizes, the dollar value is the best I've had since I joined this site.
It took me four years to win a trip, and then there was another one right after that one.
You just have to keep plugging away. It's nothing but luck IMHO.

Don't Flatter Yourself.
  Old  July 7th, 2010, 3:56pm     #14
Ashlee
Master Sweeper

I am not sure what is going on for u --I usually win several things a few times a month--of course I have never won HUGE Sweeps but I am happy with my cool prizes. I try to enter my dailies 3 to 4 times a week. And always check the 1X entries as they are expiring--in case I missed some one day.

Good Luck-sorry u are having a really long dry spell, maybe something great is around the corner-guess it also depends on what u thinkis great!

Thank you for all your votes in the trampoline contest!
  Old  July 7th, 2010, 4:10pm     #15
louiseb130
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContestScott33 View Post

I average a win every 2 or 3 days and have had that winning rate consistently for a few years. They are all tangible items, but obviously, not all are huge wins. I'd say that I average $300-$400 a month in wins...those little wins add up. I have about 180 in my dailies, and I enter most of them every day. I enter the day's new sweeps and also the day's expiring ones. I'm retired and have more time than most, but I think of sweeping as a part time job that adds some nice things to my life. I couldn't live on my earnings, but it's a fun way to get things I normally wouldn't buy.

I've not won a HOF (yet, at least!), but I have won several prizes over $1K and one trip worth about $3K.