Old  June 6th, 2010, 7:33pm     #1
BabyLeaps
Master Sweeper

What is your sweeping routine?
I'm not looking for your deepest, darkest sweeping secrets, I promise

I'm just curious if you have a routine you follow for putting in entries, and if you'd care to share?
  Old  June 6th, 2010, 8:23pm     #2
time2travel
Master Sweeper

Get up in the morning, make coffee, feed fish, start up computer. Go to OLS and MySweeps and enter all my dailies, which takes about 35 minutes if I don't poke around in the forums. Then I check my weeklies, one times, etc. If I have time, I go to the categories I like best, and see if there are any new sweeps to add. I don't watch much TV, so I figure an hour spent entering is more productive than being on the couch watching a show!

Prepare for an exciting trip soon to come your way.
4 8 15 16 23 42
  Old  June 6th, 2010, 8:36pm     #3
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

I don't have a strict routine, but this is what I usually do. I first go through the list of the day's expiring sweeps, then I enter the previous day's new sweeps. I might do some dailies in the morning, but I usually don't get to them until night. I enter my weekly sweeps on Saturday. I enter monthly sweeps throughout the month, whenever I get a chance. I have a good many monthly sweeps. I enter the 24 hour and unlimited sweeps whenever I remember them.

Our task must be to free ourselves...by widening our circle of compassion
to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.

Albert Einstein
  Old  June 6th, 2010, 8:44pm     #4
dovie
Senior Master Sweeper

Say hi to my tweeps on twitter- bitching if i didn't get enough sleep/coffee, delightful if i did (really, if you aren't following me you are missing out)

Check regular and blog email- say oh sh*t when i realize i am late on doing the review/giveaway- yeah i have 4 due by end of night

Close them out and come here and scroll down to recent forum posts- scan the ones that look interesting

Open up the daily sweeps tab and click newest first and add the ones that look like I might want to enter to my sweeps

Go back to twitter answer a few dm's scan the list (and usually if Rocky's Jewel or a few others are on I see what they have entered and play copycat)

Tell myself I should be working on the blog- ignore myself

Check out expiring today and start scanning then say crap I don't feel like doing this either

Go blab and waste more time on twitter- maybe or maybe not enter more giveaways there (yeah, won the mini diva an iphone couple days ago- they are SOOO worth it)

Mess around with the dogs for a while, do some laundry, clean and putter.

Come back see I'm still on the homepage figure I will do a few dailies-

OH, this isn't what you wanted to know? Hehe sorry, couldn't resist because lately it seems this is what i do

When I am winning a lot (most of the time- I averaged 3 a week last year not counting things like downloads and gimmes and I take a lot of time off) THIS is what I do

Best of luck to you

MY LOONYVERSE
TIPS ON WINNING
  Old  June 6th, 2010, 8:56pm     #5
buck1938
Senior Sweeper

First, I go to the "new Sweeps" from yesterday. Put my settings to premium w/no blogs. I go thru them entering the one timers that I want to enter, and putting dailies, weeklys, etc. into my sweeps.

Secondly I go to My Sweeps and enter the Monthly, Daily, 24 hr. etc .and lastly the dailies. I sometimes enter all my dailies and sometimes enter just a page or 2, depending on what else I have to do.

Last---I check out the forums and then check them out whenever I feel like it during the day.

Doug
  Old  June 23rd, 2010, 12:33pm     #6
HighStakesPlayer
Senior Sweeper

My daily routine in sweeps in breakfast, take a bath, facing to the computer, go to OLS and MySweeps and enter all my dailies. That's it!
  Old  June 23rd, 2010, 12:37pm     #7
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Don't have one. Just enter when I have time.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  June 23rd, 2010, 1:05pm     #8
cpnqn
Grand Master Sweeper

I get entered!
I get entered often & as much as possible- in between, I will sweep some more & the boys will discover mail ins for me to do as well!
  Old  June 23rd, 2010, 1:24pm     #9
cindy100
Senior Master Sweeper

I enter Instants, then dailies, then new ones!

Old  June 23rd, 2010, 2:16pm     #10
ResourcePress
Grand Master Sweeper

Check the forums to see what's going on on OLS. Make sure I add all the new ones to mysweeps, make sure I entered all the ending today sweeps, and then on to entering, entering, entering all that I can (dailies, 24HRones, one timers, etc.).

Wishing & hoping & thinking & praying, planning & dreaming... and entering!
  Old  June 23rd, 2010, 5:46pm     #11
mlnii
Master Sweeper

Red face
Get up. Get coffee. Various things on-line( paper,head lines,banking and e-mail) Do 1 to 6 pages of dailies. Make lunch and go to work. May or may not do any sweeps in the evening. 1 or twice a week catch up on NEW.

........ marvin
  Old  June 23rd, 2010, 6:10pm     #12
HistoryMystery
Grand Master Sweeper

Just a question for some of you: Why would you enter New Sweeps BEFORE your dailies? Doesn't that just add sweeps to your dailies that you risk entering a second time for the day?

Anyway, I enter my dailies, then check yesterday's new sweeps and tomorrow's expiring sweeps. Then I usually check for instants by most recent (in case there's anything new posted today that I can win RIGHT NOW OMG). I check weekly sweeps on Saturdays.
  Old  June 23rd, 2010, 6:32pm     #13
BabyLeaps
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryMystery View Post
Anyway, I enter my dailies, then check yesterday's new sweeps and tomorrow's expiring sweeps. Then I usually check for instants by most recent (in case there's anything new posted today that I can win RIGHT NOW OMG). I check weekly sweeps on Saturdays.

This is very close to my daily routine, too
  Old  June 23rd, 2010, 6:48pm     #14
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryMystery View Post
Just a question for some of you: Why would you enter New Sweeps BEFORE your dailies? Doesn't that just add sweeps to your dailies that you risk entering a second time for the day?

Yes, entering new sweeps first does add sweeps to my dailies, but I will remember (and see by the date) that I have already entered a particular sweep that day. I just skip over it and keep entering the others in My Sweeps.

Our task must be to free ourselves...by widening our circle of compassion
to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.

Albert Einstein