Old  June 5th, 2010, 4:56pm     #1
elittle2004
Senior Master Sweeper

Why doesn't FedEx Home Delivery drop off packages on a Monday?
About a hour or so ago, I woke up and I noticed a a FedEx door tag on my front door about "how they missed me" and that a signature is required. I checked the package online and it weighs 1.5 pounds...I bet it's either a affy or a gift card. The worst part of the story is that FedEx Home Delivery is only for Tuesdays-Saturdays...since when does FedEx not deliver packages on a Monday? It really baffles me. USPS and UPS work Mondays.

Is it just me or does all of the delivery drivers never bother knocking on a door or ringing a door bell anymore? If the FedEx driver would of rang the doorbell I would of heard it (my bedroom is right beside our front porch).

I called FedEx to see if I could get them to deliver the package at a specific time on Tuesday and they said no...they just said they would be hear sometime on Tuesday (they didn't know when exactly).
  Old  June 5th, 2010, 5:07pm     #2
Lawrence86
Senior Master Sweeper

i know when i use to get stuff from fed ex the guy told me they dont deliever on monday i dont know if it was just him or everyone, but he did bring me a package on saturday a few times.
  Old  June 5th, 2010, 5:09pm     #3
honeymom
Senior Sweeper

I think it depends on where you live. I think that some places still get M-F delivery.

Yes, tag and run is very frustrating.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/honeymom378
  Old  June 5th, 2010, 5:11pm     #4
venus_de_milo
Grand Master Sweeper

FedEx and FedEx Ground are two different things, only the Ground service doesn't deliver on Mondays.
  Old  June 5th, 2010, 5:26pm     #5
hallway
Senior Sweeper

I can't answer to the Monday delivery but you are right about the delivery guys not ringing the doorbell. If I don't see them through the window I would never know they were there.
  Old  June 5th, 2010, 5:46pm     #6
cole70
Senior Sweeper

I think because they have Saturday delivery, they dont have Monday delivery so that the employees have Sun and Monday off instead of Sat and Sun like the rest. Thats what my FedEx home delivery dude once told me.

And yeah, IF they do ring the doorbell, they are already in the truck before I can get to the door too!!!!!

I want to share something with you: The three little sentences that will get you through life. Number 1: Cover for me. Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss! Number 3: It was like that when I got here.

-Homer Simpson
  Old  June 5th, 2010, 5:54pm     #7
sweepmama
Grand Master Sweeper

Thanks for the info

Old  June 5th, 2010, 6:28pm     #8
Glojean
Master Sweeper

Our Fed Ex deliver Tuesday - Saturday and take Sunday and Monday off.
  Old  June 5th, 2010, 6:42pm     #9
ppammela
Gone Camping

Do all you have to sign for packages or does your fedex/ups guys just leave them on your porch etc?

I have never, ever, had to sign for any of them and will just find them on my porch (it is an enclosed porch but the door does not latch so they just push it open far enough to set package inside and then pull the door closed) or inside our garage (the door is never shut and they will either leave it just inside the door or on the steps leading to our door).

I dont like it when they leave it in our garage unless they put it on the steps/landing. I found a huge yellow box a couple of weeks ago in the garage that dh said he spotted a few days earlier but assumed was just an empty box our daughter tossed out there, turned out to be a case of golden grahams from a sweep lol. Thankfully we noticed it before any of wild creatures did (we occasionally see coons, possum and even skunks in our garage)

Maybe its just our area since its a small town they dont worry about anyone taking off with it or bothering to get a signature. Not complaining, at least I know they will drop them off even if no one is home.
  Old  June 5th, 2010, 6:56pm     #10
jellosheriff
Grand Master Sweeper

I've had them just put things in the garage without knocking or anything, too.
I keep recycling in my garage, so a box could potentially get overlooked for a week or more if we don't take the recycling up town.
  Old  June 5th, 2010, 7:31pm     #11
luckylu
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppammela View Post

I dont like it when they leave it in our garage unless they put it on the steps/landing. I found a huge yellow box a couple of weeks ago in the garage that dh said he spotted a few days earlier but assumed was just an empty box our daughter tossed out there, turned out to be a case of golden grahams from a sweep lol. Thankfully we noticed it before any of wild creatures did (we occasionally see coons, possum and even skunks in our garage)
Our Yellow Stimulus box with Golden Grahams came regular USPS. I love our regular mail lady, for big packages that might not fit in the mailbox she pulls into the driveway beeping her horn - usually on Saturday mornings. I think the Yellow box with STIMULUS stamped in black letters cracked her up.

~~~~~ ~~~~ ~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~
UH...ha ya it's all just lucky breaks.
  Old  June 5th, 2010, 7:42pm     #12
its_inevitable
Master Sweeper

Same thing happened to me 2 Saturdays ago. On Tuesday I got a t-shirt.
  Old  June 5th, 2010, 8:37pm     #13
Brittles
Master Sweeper

I was wondering that too. Two weeks ago I was out of town and when I called home my dad said there was a tag on the door and that they would be back on Tuesday. Funny thing is, I work only one town over from where I live and at work they've delivered on Monday.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  June 5th, 2010, 8:47pm     #14
gummybear2010
Master Sweeper

here in cleveland they work mon -fri no sat delivery's and they never knock or ring a doorbell they just leave your package in full site for all the neibors to see

really ticks me off that they do that
  Old  June 5th, 2010, 9:30pm     #15
gigi
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by elittle2004 View Post
About a hour or so ago, I woke up and I noticed a a FedEx door tag on my front door about "how they missed me" and that a signature is required. I checked the package online and it weighs 1.5 pounds...I bet it's either a affy or a gift card. The worst part of the story is that FedEx Home Delivery is only for Tuesdays-Saturdays...since when does FedEx not deliver packages on a Monday? It really baffles me. USPS and UPS work Mondays.

Is it just me or does all of the delivery drivers never bother knocking on a door or ringing a door bell anymore? If the FedEx driver would of rang the doorbell I would of heard it (my bedroom is right beside our front porch).

I called FedEx to see if I could get them to deliver the package at a specific time on Tuesday and they said no...they just said they would be hear sometime on Tuesday (they didn't know when exactly).
check yoiur MCR...Simon MAll gift cards are on their way...it is in the month of June and it has the FedEx tracking #. I think it says siggy required.