Old  May 16th, 2010, 4:52pm     #1
honeymom
Senior Sweeper

Bye Bye Classic Heartland
I have given Classic Heartland sweeps the benefit of the doubt over the years. After all, I enter a lot of sponsors sweeps that I never win from. However, I literally have seen 1-2 OLS winners a year, despite the amount of people from here that seem to enter their sweeps. Those winners seem to pop up around the time that a thread on here starts complaining a lot about no OLS sweepers winning from them. Plus, I have started to pay some attention to the winners' names. I am pretty sure that while few on here are winning, some people seem to win from them a little too much (i.e. about once every 6 months). It just doesn't feel right.

People can say they get a lot of entries, but I doubt they get as many as Woman's Day and many on here have won from Woman's Day over the years.

So adios Classic Heartland. I hope that it is not a scam, but I do not have the time to waste on your sweeps anymore.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/honeymom378
  Old  May 16th, 2010, 5:00pm     #2
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

You can say that about a lot of sweeps, there don't seem to be any winners posted, or hardly ever.

I take into consideration, there are alot of people out there, like me, who don't post what we win, so truthfully, you really have no idea on how many winner's there actually are.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  May 16th, 2010, 5:08pm     #3
Hhhyyyddd
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_246 View Post
You can say that about a lot of sweeps, there don't seem to be any winners posted, or hardly ever.

I take into consideration, there are alot of people out there, like me, who don't post what we win, so truthfully, you really have no idea on how many winner's there actually are.
Good point. I haven't posted my wins in over five years and I know that a good chunk of the other long timers don't post wins either.
  Old  May 16th, 2010, 5:13pm     #4
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hhhyyyddd View Post
Good point. I haven't posted my wins in over five years and I know that a good chunk of the other long timers don't post wins either.
Definetly a big old chunk.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  May 16th, 2010, 5:29pm     #5
AlaskanSweeper
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymom View Post
Those winners seem to pop up around the time that a thread on here starts complaining a lot about no OLS sweepers winning from them.
LOL, I noticed that, too. Of course, now's the best time to enter...
  Old  May 16th, 2010, 5:40pm     #6
nsecrest
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hhhyyyddd View Post
Ditto

IMHO SOS

HGTV has tens of millions of entries and NO OLSers? SCAM!!!
  Old  May 16th, 2010, 5:51pm     #7
RickCon
Sweeper

I have to agree with the original poster - a little too fishy for me so I don't enter anymore. If you are in doubt yourself, try checking out there website and see where clicking "Playlist", "Schedule", or "About Us" takes you. That did it for me. I'm surprised they are still listed on here but who knows, hope springs eternal.
  Old  May 16th, 2010, 5:53pm     #8
its_inevitable
Master Sweeper

Classic Heartland does two things right:

1. simple roboform friendly click and enter entry

2. they list every winner. After you submit a sweep the show how won previous prizes.

Like others said it is hard to win, but so is every sweep.
  Old  May 16th, 2010, 5:59pm     #9
brushes
Senior Master Sweeper

I have never won from there but I haven't won from a lot of places. I will still enter because if I don't I can't win. it only takes a few moments for a chance to win.

Every day Obama is president it is one day
closer to when he is not. To know him is to dislike him.
  Old  May 16th, 2010, 6:01pm     #10
retrobruce
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymom View Post
I have given Classic Heartland sweeps the benefit of the doubt over the years. After all, I enter a lot of sponsors sweeps that I never win from. However, I literally have seen 1-2 OLS winners a year, despite the amount of people from here that seem to enter their sweeps. Those winners seem to pop up around the time that a thread on here starts complaining a lot about no OLS sweepers winning from them. Plus, I have started to pay some attention to the winners' names. I am pretty sure that while few on here are winning, some people seem to win from them a little too much (i.e. about once every 6 months). It just doesn't feel right.

People can say they get a lot of entries, but I doubt they get as many as Woman's Day and many on here have won from Woman's Day over the years.

So adios Classic Heartland. I hope that it is not a scam, but I do not have the time to waste on your sweeps anymore.
Just because you haven't won or don't seem to know enough people that have won from them does not mean they are a scam.

Oh well. There are plenty of other sweeps for you to enter.

Besides, you just made it easier for others to win by not entering.
Sure, our odds of winning only went up by 0.000,000,001 percent, but that's sweeping for you!

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr
  Old  May 16th, 2010, 6:06pm     #11
retrobruce
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushes View Post
I have never won from there but I haven't won from a lot of places. I will still enter because if I don't I can't win. it only takes a few moments for a chance to win.
I've never won $10 million from Readers Digest.
I've never won an HGTV Dream Home.

Damn scammers!

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr
  Old  May 16th, 2010, 6:08pm     #12
Spiderella
Master Sweeper

Considering on what they give away, I'm quite sure A LOT of people enter their contests...and most who are from here probably don't report their wins. I usually don't report my wins, because I find it kind of pointless.
  Old  May 16th, 2010, 6:18pm     #13
Ashton7
Master Sweeper

Okay, something really is fishy. I was curious so I poked around their website as suggested. There is not a single link that works other than the contest links. So I googled them. I found this site talking about them:

http://www.cowboypoetry.com/classicheartland.htm

And every link from there that supposedly goes to their schedule or to listen online, etc., is either dead or just takes you right back to that one Classic Heartland page that advertises the contests. I don't know what's going on but if I had to guess, I'd say the radion station itself is actually defunct and they are collecting lots of advertising revenue by running contests. Hmmm.

Annie

My Blog
Startoons Parodies (Stargate Cartoons by my SO)
  Old  May 16th, 2010, 6:28pm     #14
Ashton7
Master Sweeper

And check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartland_Public_Radio

Soooo, who is using the Classic Heartland website?

Annie

My Blog
Startoons Parodies (Stargate Cartoons by my SO)
  Old  May 16th, 2010, 6:32pm     #15
donnav07
Master Sweeper

Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrobruce View Post
I've never won $10 million from Readers Digest.
I've never won an HGTV Dream Home.

Damn scammers!

Closed Thread