Old  May 13th, 2010, 5:54pm     #1
pumpkinpie516
Master Sweeper

Claim your Unclaimed Money
Your name or a family members name maybe on a unclaimed money list in your state.

I saw a segment on "The Early Show" this morning about unclaimed money that every State has, but the State(s) can't seem to find you because you moved or changed your name. If you think you may have some unclaimed money coming to you, check out the following legitimate websites.

http://missingmoney.com/

http://www.unclaimed.org/

In most States you can claim your unclaimed money for free, or there maybe a nominal fee.

Your unclaimed money could be an old tax refund, a paycheck that was never cashed, an old rebate check or credit etc.

You can check for everyone in your family, your friends, and deceased relatives. I found money that belonged to my Grandfather and he has been deceased for over 15 years. I had to tell my Uncle who was the executor of his estate and he can claim it.

For married ladies don't forget to check under your maiden name!

Good luck.......I hope lots of OLS'ers find their unclaimed money! Please post if you have unclaimed money coming to you or a family member
  Old  May 13th, 2010, 6:22pm     #2
sweepmama
Grand Master Sweeper

I found me on the state website <25.00. There is one problem; It is in my old married name and I never changed my SS# because he died 2 months after we wed. they are sending me a claim form. It is from the Dept of labor from 1993

Old  May 13th, 2010, 6:30pm     #3
Carolg
Master Sweeper

https://txcpa.cpa.state.tx.us/up/Search.jsp

I checked the Texas unclaimed money website a couple of months ago. I didn't find any money for my family, but I found over $200 that belonged to a deceased uncle. It was a deposit from a utility company. My two cousins were happy to find out about it. They gave me a finder's fee!

I found over $600 for an elderly man in our small town. It belonged to his deceased brother. I helped him with the paperwork. It wasn't that difficult. He, his brother, s sister got over $200 a piece. He was so excited when he got the check. The money was from different sources - stock from a former employer and an insurance refund.

I also found about $150 for genealogy friend. It belonged to her grandson. He's in college and could use the money.

I found money for several other friends. I sent some emails and every one was really excited to know about it.

So, don't forget to check for your friends too. It might bring you some good karma for sweeps if you help someone else.

Carol
  Old  May 13th, 2010, 6:33pm     #4
andee506
Master Sweeper

Nothing for me,but one of my sons was there.It just says under $100.
  Old  May 13th, 2010, 6:50pm     #5
sottovoce
Senior Master Sweeper

Found my name, but no info on the amount or source...the form wants my SSN and am not willing to put that out there on the internet. So will ignore it.

Brent Toady!
  Old  May 13th, 2010, 6:52pm     #6
tattwo
Master Sweeper

It's not always money. I ended up with some stocks that my mother had put in my name when I was born (many, many years ago). She must have forgotten about the stocks and never said anything before she died. I had to provide a birth and death certificate for her and proof that I was her daughter. It's not much but I get a dividend check each year.

Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours.
-- Swedish Proverb
  Old  May 13th, 2010, 7:02pm     #7
feelinlucky
Master Sweeper

I found my Name and its under my old address. What in the world

Business Contact Information: JCPENNEY CORPORATION INC
Type of Property: REFUNDS DUE
Cash Reported: $0.01

Old  May 13th, 2010, 7:04pm     #8
tattwo
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sottovoce View Post
Found my name, but no info on the amount or source...the form wants my SSN and am not willing to put that out there on the internet. So will ignore it.
I know you can download a claim form on the Illinois website but I think all of the states have the option to go through the State Treasurer's official website to claim any property. I wouldn't trust any other site.

Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours.
-- Swedish Proverb
  Old  May 13th, 2010, 9:00pm     #9
MiNiKE
Master Sweeper

Weird... I'm on there and so is my husband..$10.00 for me and $5.00 for DH..both from Pepsico???
  Old  May 13th, 2010, 9:09pm     #10
royalprincess
Senior Master Sweeper

Post Why do you need to change your SS#?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweepmama View Post
I found me on the state website <25.00. There is one problem; It is in my old married name and I never changed my SS# because he died 2 months after we wed. they are sending me a claim form. It is from the Dept of labor from 1993

You are never supose to change your SS # unless you go into the witness protection program.

ROYALPRINCESS
  Old  May 13th, 2010, 9:14pm     #11
royalprincess
Senior Master Sweeper

Smile Found money!
A number of years ago I found the website for New York State, and guess what, I found my health insurer had a check for me ($50) [it probally got lost in the mail because I have lived at the same address since 1975]. I found most of my co-workers were due money from the unclaimed funds of NYS. Most of my co-workers were very suprised that I found them money.

ROYALPRINCESS