Old  May 8th, 2010, 7:48am     #1
timbosquad
Senior Sweeper

Recipe Sweeps
Y'know, I love to cook, but I always find these sorts of contests difficult and typically refrain from entering.

Anyone else?

And any tips on how to even get started on these types of sweeps? Or should I just submit the recipe for every time.
  Old  May 8th, 2010, 9:35am     #2
ResourcePress
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbosquad View Post
And any tips on how to even get started on these types of sweeps? Or should I just submit the recipe for every time.
If you like to adjust and change recipes while cooking/baking, then entering recipe contests would seem good for you. If you tend to strictly follow the recipe, contesting may not be your thing.

I tend to enter recipe contests where I have some experience, since there is a lot of contesting competition. COOKOFF is a great book about the major cookoffs and bakeoffs in the US.

A lot of recipe contests want the ingredients listed in exact order of use. I look at the past winning recipe so that I can write in the tone of past winners. Come up with a catchy title for your recipe so that yours gets noticed. Double and triple check your recipe before you hit SUBMIT. And GOOD LUCK!

Wishing & hoping & thinking & praying, planning & dreaming... and entering!