Old  January 29th, 2010, 8:00am     #1
sweepermarialynn
Master Sweeper

Big Prize Giveaways on Facebook - is it legit?
is everyone here entering the big prize giveaways on facebook? a friend posted one on my wall so i signed up and entered a few, but then another friend said she read reviews and it was a scam and that they just want access to all your info when you hit allow.

so what is the general feeling on this company and their sweeps? do you feel they are safe to enter? and more importantly, has anyone won, or know anyone that did...and most important LOL did they get their prize?

thanks for any info!!
  Old  January 29th, 2010, 8:04am     #2
tfacey
Senior Master Sweeper

are there official rules?
  Old  January 29th, 2010, 8:16am     #3
runrickyrun
Junior Sweeper

do they announce winners? see sporting news facebook sweepstakes. they announce winners after the sweeps are over.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/sporti...y/241164664033
  Old  January 29th, 2010, 8:27am     #4
HappyHusky
Senior Master Sweeper

what do you mean by "big prizes?"

Are they reputable companies/JAs?

Are there rules?

Did you submit them on OLS?

etc.

Old  January 29th, 2010, 8:29am     #5
Rokki
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweepermarialynn View Post
but then another friend said she read reviews and it was a scam
What reviews did your friend read? What did they say?

http://www.bigprize.com/

http://www.bigprize.com/contact.php
  Old  January 29th, 2010, 8:50am     #6
sweepermarialynn
Master Sweeper

yes rokki thats the one...they appear legit and have official rules too...i was just wondering also why i have not seen any listed here on OLS. i dont post in the forums all that much, just skim here and there, so i thought perhaps i missed it - but i didnt find anything doing a search on here. my friend did not say where she read it, but i did some googling and it appears legit to me.

I prefer to not enter FB or twitter sweeps, i dont like them, too much going on for me, but i am reading that alot of people like them and are winning, which is great, but i dont think its for me. i go to FB after entering, and i like to use that site to unwind, not enter more sweeps.

there are ALOT of sweeps on that site, worth looking into if one enjoys entering on FB. i just dont know now what to think about the site!
  Old  January 29th, 2010, 9:15am     #7
mgmg
Senior Sweeper

Yes, they are ligit, I know someone who won a mac......
  Old  January 29th, 2010, 9:31am     #8
Nickyle
Grand Master Sweeper

I know 2 people that have won from them.

don't judge my path if you haven't walked my journey
  Old  January 29th, 2010, 10:12am     #9
harleydreams
Senior Sweeper

I'm glad to know people are winning. I enter all the time.

"Happiness is a place between too little and too much."
  Old  January 29th, 2010, 10:34am     #10
rocksea_lady
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweepermarialynn View Post
i was just wondering also why i have not seen any listed here on OLS.
OLS depends on the members to post sweeps. it is OUR job to share all sweepstakes we find to this site. As an added incentive you can win upgraded memberships for doing so. When we add a sweep the mods will make sure (as best they can) to see if it is legitimate.
  Old  January 29th, 2010, 12:51pm     #11
sweepermarialynn
Master Sweeper

ok, thanks for sharing the info that you know someone who won, and that some of you are entering with no problems. do you know if the winners received their prize? thanks for any info, i appreciate it, and sharing info like this is a good thing on finding out about this new site.

perhaps i will submit one here on OLS and have it checked out by a mod as you suggested rocksea. I recently started using FB, and when this site was brought to my attention, i immediately came here to look to see what the general concencus was on the site, but couldnt find any listed sweeps. thinking i might have missed a thread on it or something, i did a search,, but nothing came up for me. so that is what is prompting my questions. i usually miss alot, and just want to see if there was any talk about this site before submitting it. the last thing i would want to do, of course, is to submit a scam sweep, omg i would be so embarrassed LOL

so i guess the next step would be to submit one, and see where it goes. I imagine if the sweep is not legit, a mod would inform us and tell us why, right?

ok, lets see! just everyone promise not to throw cybertomatoes at me if this all goes horribly wrong LOLOL :-)

of course, if anyone who hasnt gotten to this thread yet has any info to share, please do, good or bad

thanks so much

ps: i still do not think i want to enter these, as the odds seem very high. they have alot of entries (friends). good luck to those who chose to enter though! i will go and submit there latest sweep now.....
  Old  January 29th, 2010, 1:10pm     #12
maria1234
Master Sweeper

Well it wasn't a huge prize, but I did win a pair of Lee Jeans as a fan on facebook in December and I already received them. I also won from Dermalogica on facebook a while ago. I received that prize quickly as well. In fact, when I told them how much my hubby and I love their products when I was notified of my win, they sent me a shaving sampler for him with my prize.

For me, I enter with the reputable companies and just like with regular sweeping I haven't had a problem doing so.

Edited to add: Sorry I didn't read through the post entirely before I posted. I misunderstood "big prize"

Maria
  Old  January 29th, 2010, 1:26pm     #13
sweepermarialynn
Master Sweeper

ok, i submitted a sweep, for an ipod touch that ends today at 5pm est... so i guess we shall soon find out!
  Old  January 29th, 2010, 1:34pm     #14
buddyspa
Senior Sweeper

Facebook sweeps
I tend not to participate in these sweeps. The odds are so long it seems impossible to win. However, if you aren't in you can't win. Just be very careful what info you provide.
  Old  January 29th, 2010, 1:49pm     #15
sweepermarialynn
Master Sweeper

i agree, i just dont like them either, plus the odds are astronomical with so many peeps using FB. but at least this way we can find out if its a legit site or not....i was surprised that i didnt see any of their sweeps on here....its very rare that i get to submit..they are all already here by the time i submit them!