Old  May 8th, 2010, 10:44pm     #76
Beth
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassybrat View Post
My Dad passed away on Thursday of pancreatic cancer. We found out he had cancer 17 days before he died. Miss you Daddy.
  Old  May 9th, 2010, 12:17pm     #77
WeenyMomma
Master Sweeper

Quote:
My Dad passed away on Thursday of pancreatic cancer. We found out he had cancer 17 days before he died. Miss you Daddy.
I'm so sorry.

Please like my photo to help me win a complete bathroom makeover! http://sdqk.me/xyDh7NFI/Ba2XyX1B
  Old  May 10th, 2010, 12:01am     #78
shoegal27
Senior Sweeper

Quote:

so very sorry for you loss..

Old  May 10th, 2010, 8:59am     #79
Lvrofbooks
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal27 View Post
I just got back from the oncologist, the tumor is only 1.5cm not 1 inch as first thought so hopefully no intrusion to the lymph nodes, so maybe at the most a round of chemo and i will be a survivor.

thanks for thinking of me.
Keeping you in my prayers.

“Human beings, like plants, grow in the soil of acceptance, not in the atmosphere of rejection” - John Powell
  Old  May 10th, 2010, 8:59am     #80
Lvrofbooks
Master Sweeper

Quote:
I'm so sorry for your loss.

“Human beings, like plants, grow in the soil of acceptance, not in the atmosphere of rejection” - John Powell
  Old  May 10th, 2010, 9:00am     #81
Lvrofbooks
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayte71 View Post
Hell, I am so sad. My aunt is very sick. She said this last round of chemo almost killed her. My mom said if I want to see her I should probably fly out next month. There is a large part of me that just doesn't want to go. I am so tired of seeing everyone freakin die.I feel like I will be a big giant sobbing mess if I go there-no help at all.Her kids are going to need a lot of support,and I don't know what to do for them.
I'm sorry for what you're going through. Cancer causes such conflicting emotions in everyone involved. You just do what you can do, but you also have to try to take care of yourself & your needs as well.

Old  May 10th, 2010, 11:40am     #82
Marilena
Master Sweeper

Quote:
so sorry for your loss...

http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/1...enasig29tj.jpg
  Old  May 20th, 2010, 6:33pm     #83
Jorf
Sweeper

My husband has now had 4 treatments of chemo. We went to the oncologist to see the results of his latest PET scan. His stage 4 colon cancer is now in remission. His doctor called it chemotherapy remission. He will still need chemo for the rest of his life but I am so thankful for all the prayers and support we have had. Today is an awesome day. I am praying for each and every one of you that has an illness or a family member with an illness. You are all such a great support group. I thank you all.

Old  May 20th, 2010, 6:41pm     #84
PAbound
Senior Master Sweeper

For all those that have lost family due to cancer, I am so sorry. And, to all those who are going through treatment or have family who are, I will keep you all in my prayers.

I'm a cancer survivor, being cancer-free for 8 years. The doctors didn't give me much of a chance of surviving, but I did!! THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE..I'm a living example!!
  Old  May 20th, 2010, 11:05pm     #85
MNPatty
Senior Sweeper

today is a day to remember
May 20, 2008 I found out I had colon cancer. Stage 3B. 3 surgeries, 6 months of chemo from hell, 3 hospitalizations for chemo complications. I have a CT scan in June- but so far everything looks GREAT- as though I might actually have beaten this Beast. I was so scared and then so sick- life is starting to feel normal again. I struggle with low energy and have what appears to be some permanent neuropathy issues. I aged in the past 2 years- the dark circles under my eyes are still there and no amount of makeup covers it up.

Blessings to all in the thick of this battle.
  Old  May 21st, 2010, 8:53am     #86
Lvrofbooks
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorf View Post
My husband has now had 4 treatments of chemo. We went to the oncologist to see the results of his latest PET scan. His stage 4 colon cancer is now in remission. His doctor called it chemotherapy remission. He will still need chemo for the rest of his life but I am so thankful for all the prayers and support we have had. Today is an awesome day. I am praying for each and every one of you that has an illness or a family member with an illness. You are all such a great support group. I thank you all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAbound View Post
For all those that have lost family due to cancer, I am so sorry. And, to all those who are going through treatment or have family who are, I will keep you all in my prayers.

I'm a cancer survivor, being cancer-free for 8 years. The doctors didn't give me much of a chance of surviving, but I did!! THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE..I'm a living example!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNPatty View Post
May 20, 2008 I found out I had colon cancer. Stage 3B. 3 surgeries, 6 months of chemo from hell, 3 hospitalizations for chemo complications. I have a CT scan in June- but so far everything looks GREAT- as though I might actually have beaten this Beast. I was so scared and then so sick- life is starting to feel normal again. I struggle with low energy and have what appears to be some permanent neuropathy issues. I aged in the past 2 years- the dark circles under my eyes are still there and no amount of makeup covers it up.

I am so thrilled for all of you!! You have fought one of the most difficult battles & won. Many blessings & happiness to you!!

Old  May 21st, 2010, 12:00pm     #87
PAbound
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNPatty View Post

I hope & pray that you hear good news when you have your CT Scan. Take care...
  Old  May 24th, 2010, 4:03pm     #88
ringois
Master Sweeper

I lost my Dad at 1230am today from cancer. No matter how much you think you are prepared for what you know is going to happen, it is still extremely hard. I am going to miss him sooooo much! Please pray for me and my family.

"Love is known best by the blind, for it is meant to be known by the heart, not by the eyes."
  Old  May 24th, 2010, 4:07pm     #89
secular
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringois View Post
I lost my Dad at 1230am today from cancer. No matter how much you think you are prepared for what you know is going to happen, it is still extremely hard. I am going to miss him sooooo much! Please pray for me and my family.
I am so sorry for your loss
  Old  May 24th, 2010, 5:40pm     #90
sassybrat
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringois View Post
I am so sorry.