View Poll Results: What is your win precentage?
< 1% 22 61.11%
1-5% 7 19.44%
6-10% 2 5.56%
11-20% 1 2.78%
> 20% 1 2.78%
Flying Squirrel... 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old  November 25th, 2009, 2:11pm     #1
lvi56
Senior Sweeper

Poll: How often do you win? (Win Percentage)
I've been wondering, just how often wins come to OLS Members?
Let's go with a simple formula:

# of wins / Expired Mysweeps

For me that would be: 7 / 1640 = 0.0042 which comes to 0.42%

What's your win percentage?

Edit: It appears there are a few variables that have come up that can affect this poll. For the sake of simplicity, the total # of wins are wins from sweeps entered through OLS. (so leave all wins from local, phone, snail, twitter, and similar sweeps not listed on OLS out)
Also, Some members will not recognize wins under a certain ARV, (for me, I recognize all). If you do not recognize some wins please state what your cut-off ARV is in your comment.

My Wins
  Old  November 25th, 2009, 2:18pm     #2
margarita_mama
Grand Master Sweeper

I voted flying squirrel cause my expired sweeps are only a portion of the total sweeps I enter. I also enter snails, texts and locals (and win some of those, as well), which would not be reflected in that total #.
Also, the expired sweeps feature has not been around archiving the expired sweeps since I started sweeping. I think that feature came in to existence sometime in 2005 or so, so again, it does not reflect an accurate # for those of us who were using the site before that feature started keeping a record.

My Motherload of Wins
  Old  November 25th, 2009, 2:22pm     #3
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

Is there a minimum ARV for the prizes. My son practically drinks salsa, so even though that's only a $4 prize it's one of my favorites.

I have 131 wins on my winners list out of 2,306 entered. That's .0568 or 5.86%. My list is in my signature and it includes candy bars too, but not downloads.

I guess I should have checked 6-10 instead of 1-5.
  Old  November 25th, 2009, 2:27pm     #4
tasslehoff
Senior Master Sweeper

My average is around 3%. I don't count coupons and downloads. I was just thinking about this today and was going to start a similar thread.

In an age of instant communications and instant terror, falsity travels with greater speed than fact.
  Old  November 25th, 2009, 2:38pm     #5
baroness-1
Master Sweeper

0.015894124 is my percent. I have won 506 sweeps large and small and have 31,584 expired sweeps. That is pretty sad. But I am not giving up. I will WIN a lot soon.
  Old  November 25th, 2009, 2:39pm     #6
jooliepoolie
Master Sweeper

324 wins out of 20,384 sweeps entered. That seems really bad, although I feel like I win a lot. I don't include anything under $5 in my win list.
  Old  November 25th, 2009, 2:43pm     #7
lvi56
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by margarita_mama View Post
I voted flying squirrel cause my expired sweeps are only a portion of the total sweeps I enter. I also enter snails, texts and locals (and win some of those, as well), which would not be reflected in that total #.
Also, the expired sweeps feature has not been around archiving the expired sweeps since I started sweeping. I think that feature came in to existence sometime in 2005 or so, so again, it does not reflect an accurate # for those of us who were using the site before that feature started keeping a record.
That is a very good point about the expired mysweeps feature, I was not aware of that.

My Wins
  Old  November 25th, 2009, 2:54pm     #8
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

I only did this year, to hard to go back and look at 5 years worth, I didn't even save them all.