Old  November 3rd, 2009, 4:05am     #1
emidzi
Sweeper

How many people enter these sweepstakes? Any winners have any insight?
I am curious as to how many people enter these sweepstakes. Has anyone received information on a win such as you were 1 in 35,000 or something similar?

Thanks,
Elizabeth
  Old  November 3rd, 2009, 4:30am     #2
NorgeSweeper
Master Sweeper

I won a trip win where the sponsers (two major companies, one a music distributor, the other one of the largest online wholesalers) I assume they accidently included the back and forth communication before I was chosen as the winner.

It amounted to this (and I actually do have the original email but don't feel like digging it up this late at night).

Company A person emails Company B person and asks 'are we late in picking a winner and acting on this?'

Company B says yes ... pick a number between 1 and 4,355 (I chose the high number randomly but it was between 4 and 5 thousand) and mentions that is the number of entrants.

Company A responds with a number

Company B replies with my name and address etc.

I get a phone call shortly after and later that day receive the above (although not verbatim) later that day along with the affidavit in an email.

I thought it was pretty hilarious as it seems entirely unlikely that they meant me to see that back and forth, but I never mentioned it to them in later correspondence.

The sweep excepted entries for 1 month and was for a concert.
  Old  November 3rd, 2009, 4:49am     #3
NorgeSweeper
Master Sweeper

just for fun I dug up the email ...

Yes, pick a number between 1 - 5,033

so 1 month of 1 time entries (and the online wholesaler was Amazon.com so the contest got good exposure) 5,033 entries. I assume if it had been a better prize the number would have been much higher.
  Old  November 3rd, 2009, 5:54am     #4
ISLABONITA
Grand Master Sweeper

Yes, my all inclusive trip to the Riviera Aventura Spa Resort to Mexico, was a daily entry.

I was floored when I was told I was picked from 34,000+ entries.

It is one property from the Palace resorts.

Emi & Crumpet
  Old  November 3rd, 2009, 5:55am     #5
CheckedOut
Senior Master Sweeper

i won a HOF 1x sweep that had 3800 entrants, but that was 2 years ago - a lot more people are sweeping now.

last year i won a guitar from a daily sweep and that had 97,000 entries.

the sheknows sweeps have a counter for the number of entries on their hourly entry sweeps . they just had one that ended for a kindle and an amazon gift card and i think that had 75,000 entries.

one of the magazine-type sweeps on here has a small daily prize and then a monthly grand prize. it asks survey questions every day and shows how many people answered. it seems like they get about 10,000 answers per day, so it would seem that the monthly grand prize would then have about 300,000 entries in it.

and if that one has 10,000 daily answers (assuming one answer = one sweep entry , which may be wrong because they could be pulling answers from different sources) i would have to think most decent sweeps are hitting that number - either 10,000 total entries for a 1x sweep, and maybe about 10,000 daily entries for a decent daily sweep (though maybe not quite that much since a lot of people dont enter every single day).

but yeah, its pretty daunting.
  Old  November 3rd, 2009, 6:42am     #6
sweepingangel
Master Sweeper

I won a $10,000 boat dock modular
It was a daily that ran for 8 months

Click here to learn more about BigCrumbs & get cash back on your purchases!!
http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/land...2gonow&s=67759
  Old  November 3rd, 2009, 6:44am     #7
Tricia316
Senior Master Sweeper

Three years ago I won a week long cruise (with airfare) from one of those sweeps from the onboard airline magazines. It was one month long, one entry per person. There were ove 23,000 entries.

I always forget to ask how many entries are in a sweep when I get a winning call or I am in communication with the sponsor/JA. I am just so excited I WON that I forget to ask!

Tricia

Practice Random Acts of Kindness!
  Old  November 3rd, 2009, 7:12am     #8
HappyHusky
Senior Master Sweeper

just got back from a trip win that had 25 winners and more than 2.5 million entries, so about 1:100,000

Old  November 3rd, 2009, 7:44am     #9
ariel36
Master Sweeper

When I won a cruise on an instant win (60 winners in 60 days), the odds were expressed as something as 1 in 17,000 for each daily grand prize winner.

Something "legal" may not be moral or ethical. Yes, I am entitled to my opinion, even if it differs from yours.
Criminals are responsible for their own actions. Don't victimize victims by blaming them for reporting crimes.

http://www.zazzle.com/aballenphotography?rf=238025147469164076
  Old  November 3rd, 2009, 7:46am     #10
guruwan2b
Grand Master Sweeper

On my trip win they said I won out of over 50,000 entrants. It was a one time and ran 3 months.

John F. Kennedy: If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. Martin Luther King, Jr.
  Old  November 3rd, 2009, 8:04am     #11
margarita_mama
Grand Master Sweeper

The big ole house giveaways have reported entries in the 40+ million for the past couple of years.

My Motherload of Wins
  Old  November 3rd, 2009, 8:21am     #12
Globug_47
Grand Master Sweeper

I won a HOF trip to Los Cabos, Mexico from Tory Burch (ARV $10,000) and the sponsor told me that my entry was one in 89,000.

Made me feel pretty darn lucky!

Old  November 3rd, 2009, 8:25am     #13
greenfish214
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by margarita_mama View Post
The big ole house giveaways have reported entries in the 40+ Billion for the past couple of years.
Ok, so that would be like getting struck by lightening (2) while being bit by a shark and having the winning powerball ticket (over 100 million) in your pocket. LOL
  Old  November 3rd, 2009, 8:43am     #14
sylmar
Master Sweeper

OLS 202,367 members
I am sure not everyone is active but still the odds...
  Old  November 3rd, 2009, 8:52am     #15
margarita_mama
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfish214 View Post
Ok, so that would be like getting struck by lightening (2) while being bit by a shark and having the winning powerball ticket (over 100 million) in your pocket. LOL
Sorry, I misquoted. It's been reported by them that they receive over 40 million, not 40 billion.
Again, sorry. That's what I get for posting so early in the morning.

I think a few years ago, it was around 20 million, and then the next year it was around 30 million. The last year I checked out their press release (a couple years ago, it was "over 40 million". I have not checked this past one to see if they indicated how many or not.

My Motherload of Wins