Old  August 23rd, 2009, 11:09pm     #1
obria
Senior Sweeper

Question The Macallan Anniversary Malt
A friend gave me a bottle of The Macallan 25 year old Anniversary Malt that was bottled in 1971, he wants me to sell it for him. Well I have been researching and found that it is worth any where from $799 to $943 depending on the online shop. He said that if we got $600 then he would be happy. But my problem is where should I sell it? Ebay probably won't be a good place so where else? Would craiglist be good? or can I even put it on there?

Thank you

Old  August 23rd, 2009, 11:42pm     #2
ajfuller
Senior Sweeper

I'm pretty sure you can't eBay it. They have rules against selling alcohol. Craigslist would probably be a better venue, anyway.
  Old  August 24th, 2009, 12:01am     #3
7872nc
Master Sweeper

Check with a local wine shop to see if there is a mag or list for wine enthusiasts..they may even know some collectors

BTW...that's an excellent single malt.
  Old  August 24th, 2009, 11:50am     #4
Denarius
Sweeper

http://www.whiskymag.com/magazine/ca...ng_whisky.html

Check in the directory section, or on their forums, they have listings for clubs and societies over here that will be able to give you the best advice on selling.

The Macallen is a superb whisky and has a great reputation in Scotland, it's one of the whiskies I used to really enjoy
  Old  August 24th, 2009, 12:54pm     #5
obria
Senior Sweeper

Thank you all...

I would really love to break it open and try it for myself but don't think that would go over to well..lol

Old  August 24th, 2009, 5:44pm     #6
unclebill
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by obria View Post
A friend gave me a bottle of The Macallan 25 year old Anniversary Malt that was bottled in 1971, he wants me to sell it for him. Well I have been researching and found that it is worth any where from $799 to $943 depending on the online shop. He said that if we got $600 then he would be happy. But my problem is where should I sell it? Ebay probably won't be a good place so where else? Would craiglist be good? or can I even put it on there?

Thank you
If I lived close, I would buy it from you. That is my Scotch of choice. But, Virginia is too far away.