Old  March 15th, 2008, 12:30am     #1
RandomHelena
Senior Master Sweeper

Please delete
Thx

Last edited by RandomHelena; June 6th, 2012 at 10:07am.

MuhTumblr
  Old  March 15th, 2008, 12:35am     #2
skpaw
Grand Master Sweeper

Is there a pharmacy still open where you live? Call and ask to talk to a pharmacist and see if it is a problem.

Here is some patient information. Drugs.com

Quote:
Overdosage
Symptoms
Somnolence, tachycardia, headache, extrapyramidal signs, palpitations.

Patient Information
Warn patient not to increase dose to obtain quicker relief of symptoms.
If patient is to have allergy skin testing, advise to avoid taking medication for 4 days before test.
Tell patient that drug may be used alone for symptoms of sneezing and runny nose with slight nasal congestion.
Instruct patient to maintain fluid intake of 1.5 to 2 qt/day to decrease viscosity of secretions.
Caution patient to avoid exposure to sunlight and to use sunscreen or wear protective clothing to avoid photosensitivity reaction.
Instruct patient to avoid intake of alcoholic beverages or other CNS depressants (eg, sedatives, hypnotics, tranquilizers).
Advise patient that drug may cause drowsiness and to use caution while driving or performing other tasks requiring mental alertness until response to medication is known.
Explain that rapidly-disintegrating tablet will disintegrate on the tongue and may be administered with or without water.
Advise patient to take frequent sips of water, suck on ice chips or sugarless hard candy, or chew sugarless gum if dry mouth occurs.
This quote is from the professional information from the link above (on another page). http://www.drugs.com/ppa/loratadine.html

Old  March 15th, 2008, 12:35am     #3
twodogmom
Senior Sweeper

Unless you weigh very very little I'd guess it's not life-threatening. But to be absolutely sure, call an all night pharmacy or even your local ER. They will advise you on this and they're experts.

On the upside, I'll bet you're breathing REALLY clearly!
  Old  March 15th, 2008, 12:40am     #4
DeniseL
Master Sweeper

Like everyone else said- call. Mostly just to put yourself at ease.
  Old  March 15th, 2008, 12:41am     #5
RandomHelena
Senior Master Sweeper

I'm not a tiny girl so...for once thats a good thing...um...yes I can breathe really well now. Thanks for the link...I told hubby what I did in case anything loopy happens and i'm guzzling tons of water.

I've just been so sick with flu and allergies that I got confused and noticed the fresh pack had 2 missing...so I had accidentally taken 2.

MuhTumblr
  Old  March 15th, 2008, 12:44am     #6
dippitydoo
Grand Master Sweeper

make sure you stay hydrated ... that'd be my advice.

my ds took two claritins once -- he didn't read the package ... he's 18 and a big guy, and didn't have any adverse effects except for the tongue lashing he got from me about reading medicine labels.

Subscribe to my Examiner Christian Living column!
  Old  March 15th, 2008, 1:18am     #7
TexasHeartland
Master Sweeper

I'd call just to be sure. But I've taken 2 Zyrtec before... (was having a really bad allergy attack). Besides feeling a little loopy, I didn't really have any major side effects. But make sure you get plenty of rest right now and stay hydrated. It should be out of your system between 12-24 hours.

Edge of Insanity