Old  February 15th, 2008, 10:29am     #1
catlady13711
Grand Master Sweeper

Wiccan/Pagan Group
I thought we already had a wiccan/pagan group but didnt see it.. so.. I fgured Id start one for us. I have been wiccan most of my life but didnt know what it was called till I was 18 or so and actually started the very first wiccan website online back in 1994 (originally at witchs-brew.com now located at witchs-brew.org but not updated in a long time) and used to publish a newsletter, etc.

I know there are more of us here so stop in and say hello.

Morgan aka Catlady
I am a Cancer Fighter/Survivor!!!
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old  February 15th, 2008, 11:54am     #2
lklprice
Sweeper

Merry meet !!!

FREE SHIPPING when you shop my AVON site:
http://www.yourAVON.com/lprice7585
Enter shipping code: REPFS
  Old  February 15th, 2008, 12:22pm     #3
catlady13711
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lklprice View Post
Merry meet !!!
Merry meet and welcome to the ols wiccan/pagan group!

Blessed Be!

Morgan aka Catlady
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old  February 15th, 2008, 1:04pm     #4
kimjk939
Senior Sweeper

Merry meet and blessed be to you all!!!!
  Old  February 19th, 2008, 9:25pm     #5
catlady13711
Grand Master Sweeper

Morgan aka Catlady

Old  February 19th, 2008, 11:00pm     #6
lunarstar
Master Sweeper

The full moon is in 2 days. What do you guys do for it?

$13 to $20 billion a year could be saved in health care costs by demedicalizing childbirth, developing midwifery, and encouraging breastfeeding. -Frank Oski, MD
  Old  February 20th, 2008, 1:46pm     #7
kimjk939
Senior Sweeper

"The full moon is in 2 days. What do you guys do for it?"

We are trying desperately to sell our house out of necessity so I will definitely be doing a little something for that. Anyone doing anything about the Lunar Eclipse? I'll put some Bay leaves above the door.
  Old  February 21st, 2008, 11:26am     #8
HamsterLady
Master Sweeper

Hey guys, I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions. I don't want to debate, just learn. Sorry if they seem silly, I honestly don't know the answers.

Do most Wiccans/Pagans wear black or is that a misconception? (is there a special meaning to it if so?)

What if somebody breaks the Rude (spelling?) and tries to hurt somebody? Are they like excommunicated? (I really don't know and certainly do not think the majority of Wiccans/Pagans would hurt anybody, I've only met one that did out of the ten or so I know)

http://www.shesmorethananumber.blogspot.com
  Old  February 21st, 2008, 11:44am     #9
TragickMagick
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspergersKitty View Post
Hey guys, I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions. I don't want to debate, just learn. Sorry if they seem silly, I honestly don't know the answers.

Do most Wiccans/Pagans wear black or is that a misconception? (is there a special meaning to it if so?)

What if somebody breaks the Rude (spelling?) and tries to hurt somebody? Are they like excommunicated? (I really don't know and certainly do not think the majority of Wiccans/Pagans would hurt anybody, I've only met one that did out of the ten or so I know)
Question 1: No, most don't on a daily basis - those are most likely goth people (got nothin' against 'em ). IF, by chance, you happen across someone who's wearing all black, black makeup, and black fingernail polish and they go on and on about being wiccan/pagan, they are fly-by-night wiccans/pagans that will abandon the practice when they learn being wiccan/pagan is NOT equal to being Sabrina, The Teenage Witch LOL Some Traditional Wiccans do wear black when they gather monthly for the Esbat (monthly Full-Moon get-together, so to speak) or when they do anything in a circle. This harkens back (or pays homage to) the fact that Wiccans, in the past, had to gather at night and conceal their identity (lest they be found out and burned at the stake, beheaded, etc.). Wearing black in the middle of the night made it a LOT safer to travel to where they needed to go

Question 2: The Wiccan Rede is "Do what thou will, but harm ye none" (or variations on that theme). I guess they could be excommunicated if they belonged to a coven, but of course, that would depend on that specific coven's laws, leaders, the infraction, etc. etc.
Most people, if they try to harm someone, are (1) either not going to go around talking about it (that is typical "I'm a witch, I got powers...Ooooooo!" crap), or (2) it is assumed that the Karmic Law (or "Rule of Three") will even things out ("What thou does shall return, times three"). Personally, I think negative ANYTHING is ineffective and ONLY affects the "sender"

If you have any more questions, feel free to post 'em and someone should come along and answer them

TM
  Old  February 21st, 2008, 12:20pm     #10
HamsterLady
Master Sweeper

Thank you! BTW, feel free to come also to the Interfaith group, somebody there can answer your questions (if ya have any) well there. But yes, seriously, thank you! I like to understand people and not just assumptions/rumors about them and their beliefs!

http://www.shesmorethananumber.blogspot.com
  Old  February 21st, 2008, 12:50pm     #11
TragickMagick
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspergersKitty View Post
Thank you! BTW, feel free to come also to the Interfaith group, somebody there can answer your questions (if ya have any) well there. But yes, seriously, thank you! I like to understand people and not just assumptions/rumors about them and their beliefs!
You're very welcome
  Old  March 10th, 2008, 3:05pm     #12
TexasHeartland
Master Sweeper

Hello! I'm also Pagan (being Wiccan for almost 3 years).... And funny thing, I just found out some of my ancestors were Pagan as well. Who knew!

Merry Meet and Merry Part

Edge of Insanity
  Old  May 1st, 2008, 1:52pm     #13
TragickMagick
Master Sweeper

Here is wishing everyone an exceedingly happy May Day!

May your fields always be green
May your sweeps always be fruitful
May your health always be strong

Dance around the May Pole, even if you're the only one; just like my pal Mousey up there!

TM
  Old  May 2nd, 2008, 12:07pm     #14
IrishRose23
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TragickMagick View Post

Here is wishing everyone an exceedingly happy May Day!

May your fields always be green
May your sweeps always be fruitful
May your health always be strong

Dance around the May Pole, even if you're the only one; just like my pal Mousey up there!

TM
HAPPY BELATED MAY DAY EVERYONE!!!!
  Old  May 2nd, 2008, 1:28pm     #15
ironbutterfly
Grand Master Sweeper

Aw crap I meant to copulate in the fields yesterday

I am agnostic and don't identify with organized religions. but I really appreciate the warmth and openess that comes from all my pagan and wiccan peeps

All I Want For You My Son Is To Be Satisfied

Tags
magick, pagan, wicca, wiccan, witch