Old  November 22nd, 2007, 8:55pm     #1
BeautifulPromise2621
Master Sweeper

Roboform Toolbar Position?
I read here once that someone was having problems with their toolbar being positioned at the bottom of the screen rather than the top. I actually *want* my toolbar to be at the bottom of my screen.

I've already tried Roboform > Options > Toolbar > Show Lower Toolbar (radio button) but to no avail. I have SpySweeper and MacAffee on pretty standard settings, but that said, I've always been happy with the protection I have so perhaps some settings are turned up. So could that be affecting the command, or am I not executing the correct command?

(I guess I should ask first if what I want is even possible?)
  Old  November 22nd, 2007, 10:18pm     #2
Styflan
Senior Master Sweeper

I don't think you have a choice. The manual says the lower toolbar only shows when the upper one does not, like on pop up windows.

http://www.roboform.com/manual.html
Scroll down to where it says "RoboForm Controls".

Quote:
RoboForm Controls
RoboForm adds Toolbar and other controls to your browser.

RoboForm Upper Toolbar
RoboForm Upper Toolbar

1. Upper Toolbar. Appears above the web page. To show or hide it, click RoboForm button on standard IE toolbar. You may have to click it several times to make Toolbar appear. Or select View -> Toolbars -> RoboForm in IE. The toolbar controls only the browser window in which it appears.
RoboForm toolbar is not visible. Why?
Why is RF toolbar mixed up with Links (Radio) toolbars?
How can I customize the RoboForm toolbar?

RoboForm Lower Toolbar
RoboForm Lower Toolbar

2. Lower Toolbar. Appears below the web page, follows web page both in position and size. Used in browser windows that cannot have Upper Toolbar -- popup windows in IE, browsers without toolbars (AOL, MSN). Has the same functionality as Upper Toolbar and looks the same. To show it, right-click web page that has no Upper Toolbar and select "RoboForm Toolbar", or click RoboForm Taskbar Icon and select "Show Toolbar". The Lower Toolbar controls only the browser window under which it appears.

RoboForm Taskbar Icon
RoboForm Taskbar Icon

3. How to Show / Hide Toolbars. Click the Green Robot icon on Standard IE Toolbar to show/hide RoboForm toolbar:
* If no toolbar is visible, then Upper toolbar is shown.
If Upper toolbar cannot be shown then Lower toolbar is shown.
* If Upper or Lower toolbar is visible then it is hidden.

You can also right-click web page and select "RoboForm Toolbar" menu item to show/hide the toolbar. For web pages that cannot be right-clicked, click RoboForm taskbar icon and select "Show Toolbar".

Old  November 23rd, 2007, 9:45am     #3
BeautifulPromise2621
Master Sweeper

Ah, okay. Oh well, maybe they'll make it an option for users in the future.
  Old  November 23rd, 2007, 8:22pm     #4
deb1975
Sweeper

I can do this by right clicking anywhere on screen. Then left click Roboform Toolbar. There are then 3 positions it will go to. Top of screen, bottom of screen, or hidden. I get it to do any of them by continuing to do the right click then left click Robo toolbar over and over until it positions where I want it. Hope it works for you.
  Old  November 23rd, 2007, 10:43pm     #5
clarkie
Senior Sweeper

Mine is on the bottom now
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulPromise2621 View Post
I read here once that someone was having problems with their toolbar being positioned at the bottom of the screen rather than the top. I actually *want* my toolbar to be at the bottom of my screen.

I've already tried Roboform > Options > Toolbar > Show Lower Toolbar (radio button) but to no avail. I have SpySweeper and MacAffee on pretty standard settings, but that said, I've always been happy with the protection I have so perhaps some settings are turned up. So could that be affecting the command, or am I not executing the correct command?

(I guess I should ask first if what I want is even possible?)
I had the same problem as you but I can't remember how I got it to work though , Just thought I would let you know it IS possible
  Old  November 23rd, 2007, 11:12pm     #6
janess
Master Sweeper

I have the toolbar on the bottom using IE

If you already have RF set to show the toolbar lower, but your toolbar is still on top.....

Got to ....View....select Toolbar....uncheck Roboform

The toolbar should move to the bottom.......I had to press the RF icon to get it to show at that point.

Just a side note.... If I downlad the Google toolbar, it move the RF toolbar on me

GL and I hope I was able to help you

Janess
  Old  November 23rd, 2007, 11:20pm     #7
deb126
Master Sweeper

thank you so much for the tips, I wanted my Robo at the bottom too, using IE and couldnt seem to get it down there, but after reading all the info posted did get it there , thanks everyone

Deb