Old  October 5th, 2000, 5:04pm     #16
JoniHaynes
Founding Member

f you can read this, you either have not added any links to your CashNet MySweeps,
your browser does not accept cookies, or we were unable to read your cookie correctly.
Except for "CashNet", this sure looks familiar to me!
Anyway: didn't George once come up with a site or a way to find out just who owns or produces or ? a particular website?

Joni
  Old  October 5th, 2000, 5:22pm     #17
chainynkr
Sweeper
Founding Member

yes, george's post is listed under tips and tricks. however, the site in question will not work with it, i'm guessing because it is .nu
  Old  October 5th, 2000, 5:26pm     #18
aulady
Sweeper
Founding Member

Arrow
With this link you may be able to tell who created the web site or who owns it.

It is the same web page as the one I listed before, just a different URL.
http://www.cashnetsweeps.com/

Old  October 5th, 2000, 5:30pm     #19
chainynkr
Sweeper
Founding Member

Registrant:
Amanda Adams
38 Rogers Cres
CABOOLTURE, QLD 4510
AUSTRALIA

Domain: CASHNETSWEEPS.COM
Registrar: DomainBank.com
  Old  October 5th, 2000, 5:45pm     #20
chainynkr
Sweeper
Founding Member

Registrant:
Amanda Adams
38 Rogers Cres
CABOOLTURE, QLD 4510
AUSTRALIA

Domain: CASHNETSWEEPS.COM
Registrar: DomainBank.com

by the way, here is the link for the domain look up site <a href="http://www.signaturedomains.com/whois.jsp">http://www.signaturedomains.com/whois.jsp </a>
thanks again to george for posting this.
  Old  October 5th, 2000, 8:51pm     #21
SeeGull
Senior Sweeper
Founding Member

For what its worth, the name, Amanda Adams, also shows up on the privacy statement for cashnet.nu.

SeeGull
  Old  October 6th, 2000, 12:00pm     #22
aurilee
Sweeper
Founding Member

Been surfing the different sweep sites and I noticed some similarities in a few, (like Hurononline message board just like this one) so we can not just GUESS that Brent has another site. I would say, if he does, it is not a sweeps site, but something different, which in my opinion is fine, just as long as takes care of this one also.

I just wish he would post something on this.

------------------
Aurilee
  Old  October 6th, 2000, 7:23pm     #23
CashNet Sweeps
Junior Sweeper

Cool
Hi All,

I'd just like to introduce myself as the webmaster of CashNet Sweepstakes, and provide a little feedback on the points made in this forum.

Firstly, I appreciate no one bagging out my site too much. I spend 10-16 hours a day working on CashNet, adding new links, updating broken links and promoting the site online - Which is alot considering I have a newborn baby girl to look after also.

CashNet is run by a script called Links 2.0 by Gossamer-Threads. It is freely available, and thousands of other sites across the net use it, including Online-Sweepstakes, Red Hot Sweeps, SweepsTalk and more!

The MyLinks addon script is available to all users of Links 2.0 for a small price. I thought it was an excellent resource for the visitors to my site so I paid for it, installed it and have a number of Sweepers who use it regularly. It comes with a set of templates which need to be modified to suit each site's design, as does Links 2.0 - my site is not a copy cat site, it is my site which I created to suit my taste. If it is similar to other sites, that is because there is a limited number of ways to edit the templates without causing problems with the script.

Another quick point, I must admit that it is hard to copy a site which I don't frequent. I came to Online-Sweepstakes several months ago while I was checking out my competitors sites. At the time when I visited there was no MySweeps here. I adapted the MyLinks script from Jerry Su (Author), then thought that MySweeps was more appropriate for a sweepstakes site. There are a number of other sites using the MyLinks script also, such as WinSweeps - they have called their version, MyWinSweeps.

There is no conspiracy on behalf of myself or other webmasters to copy Online-Sweepstakes. The scripts we have found online or paid for are available to anyone who wishes to use them. Limitations within the scripts prevent us from creating sites that vary greatly from one another.

At one stage I had a forum similar to this one setup (the script that runs this forum is distributed freely, and there is a paid vesion too), however after several weeks an no posts I removed it as space is costly and it was wasting it. If even just one person other than myself posted messages the CashNet forum, it would still be up and running today.

With the domains, cashnet.nu and cashnetsweeps.com are both the same site. cashnet.nu was my original site over a year ago, however many people are aware that a dot com domain is more respectable than any other domain online - dot com means business. So I decided to register cashnetsweeps.com. cashnet.nu is actually using cashnetsweeps.com's data, I am not running two separate sites - there are just two domains pointing to cashnetsweeps.com! There was no plans for deception, just a way of keeping my current visitors without annoying them with a re-direct page. Up until a week ago, I had a page on cashnet.nu informing my visitors that I had moved the site to cashnetsweeps.com, but a large number of them weren't clicking though to my new site - so I brought cashnetsweeps.com to cashnet.nu. Its just like Sweepstakes Advantage using sweepsadvantage.com and sweeps.ws.

Anyway, thats all I have to say for now. If anyone has any comments or questions I'll be glad to answer them.

Best regards, and happy sweeping!
Mandi Adams
  Old  October 6th, 2000, 8:01pm     #24
JoniHaynes
Founding Member

Exclamation
Mandi..........Nobody here was criticising your site; as a matter of fact, I personally am very impressed! One of the reasons that many of us starting using THIS site was because of mysweeps (which Brent had a year ago when I registered here, by the way), as it is very convenient. We were just surprised to see that other sites have that feature, having not encountered it before. Now.......as you can see, we all work hard on this forum, because we have come to rely on each other greatly. Believe me, as I noted earlier, mysweeps at this site is no longer the draw, 'cause there's not much new to put into it anymore; Brent (who really is a swell guy!) has left us sort of to our own devices; doesn't add many sweeps, doesn't reply to email, and doesn't do any commentary in this forum. So, personally, I must say that, since you have a great site, and since you have a mysweeps feature, if only you had a forum like this one...................

Joni

Old  October 6th, 2000, 8:51pm     #25
CashNet Sweeps
Junior Sweeper

Thanks Joni for the kind reply. I understand how having such a great community forum on Online-Sweeps is a great asset for this site. There are numerous sweepers here helping one another, which is truly great to see.

My forum wasn't as successful as this one however, after having it online for a little over a month, I was the only person to have posted messages there - so I took it down to save on resources, and because it seemed that no one was interested in using it!

I hope my first reply didn't come across as hostile, I was just trying to answer a few of the points that were posted in this thread - especially the ones relating to MySweeps and the similarity of our sites. I'd rather clear things up than get a bad reputation about CashNet being a copycat site passed around between my target audience - Sweepers.

I've just taken the tour of Online-Sweeps, and it surely is a terrific site with loads of great features not many other sites offer.

Best Regards,
Mandi Adams
  Old  October 6th, 2000, 9:47pm     #26
SUSIE2U4U
Senior Sweeper
Founding Member

I COULD NOT OF PUT IT BETTER JONI.... NOW BRENT ITS TIME FOR SOME ANSWERS.. I BELIEVE MAYBE MANDY MIGHT PUT A FORUM ON..AND YOU KNOW WHEN THE CATS AWAY THE MICE WILL PLAY....I LOVE EVERYONE HERE. SO, BRENT GET ON THE BALL AND START READING THINGS ON THIS FORUM......WE NEED YOU BACK ON THE JOB.. AND I PRAY YOU ARE NOT SICK OR ARE HAVING ANY ADVERSITY IN YOUR LIFE THAT IS KEEPING YOU AWAY FROM THIS LOVELY BUNCH OF PEOPLE.. AND IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WE ALL WILL UNDERSTAND IF YOU JUST WOULD LET US KNOW... MAYBE WE CAN HELP.....SUSIE2U4U SIGNING OFF...
  Old  October 6th, 2000, 9:55pm     #27
hampton25
Sweeper
Founding Member

How in the heck did this other webmaster find out about this thread? Maybe we should all bookmark her site as I have a feeling this one is about up. We could agree to meet there if this one goes missing and then she could add the forumns like this for us. We woulds certainly use it for her.JoAnna
  Old  October 6th, 2000, 10:31pm     #28
Stacy
Sweeper
Founding Member

I can't help but cringe when I start reading these sorts of threads. I agree that Brent hasn't been around but who are we to demand an answer of him? We all have lives to live, and we have no idea what his may be like. He obviously checks this once in a while. We have proven to ourselves that it takes input from alot of people to make this site as wonderful and unique as it is. I guess I just mean that I love this place and all the great folks who post here. Sadly enough, sometimes this place is the highlight of my day. I can't imagine going without it.
Group hug!!

stacy
  Old  October 6th, 2000, 10:42pm     #29
hampton25
Sweeper
Founding Member

I guess I would lose my mind without all you guys. I know that sounds so sad. But sometimes my life is so full of other people and taking care of them that the only time I have to myself is here with this site. I woulds really miss this chatter and all of your help. I never have used a real chat page and this is as close as I come. only wish that the site could regain its original luster and that Brent would answer us to. JoAnna
  Old  October 6th, 2000, 10:50pm     #30
JoniHaynes
Founding Member

Question
Stacy, don't you know that our collective big fear is that this site will go the way of loopynet, Brent's other site? Nobody wants to abandon Brent, we love him. And, it's not that he owes us anything; of course he doesn't. It's the fear, and wondering how or where we will get it all back together in that event.
I agree; group hug!!!!
Joni