Old  September 30th, 2000, 5:59pm     #1
tbird
Sweeper
Founding Member

Question
Did anyone else get a letter of intent from Publisher's Clearing House stating they will be giving away 10,000 on Oct 9th and that they will be in your area. I received an email today and just curious if this is true that they will be in the Seattle area??? Any ideas are helpful. Thank you,
Tbird
  Old  September 30th, 2000, 6:07pm     #2
weegesa
Sweeper
Founding Member

I got one too saying they would be in El Cajon CA which is not even where I live anymore. Sounds like we are both out of luck! Sorry!
Sarah
  Old  September 30th, 2000, 6:10pm     #3
lisa54
Senior Sweeper
Founding Member

yes, got one also saying they were going to be in the Los Angeles area and hoped to see me in Camarillo...sorry can't supply a date since I deleted it , But it was sometime in OCT

Lisa
  Old  September 30th, 2000, 9:08pm     #4
bjoycen
Sweeper
Founding Member

My letter said they'd be here in Humble and would notify KHOU, KPRC and KTRK. I think that was the date but I deleted mine also.
  Old  September 30th, 2000, 9:10pm     #5
alwitmayer
Master Sweeper
Senior Editor
Grand Pooh Bah

Founding Member

Red face
They are giving away $10K to 100 people in 100 cities on Oct 9th. In their snail mail promo, they include a photo of their 200 employees who are going to go out and make the awards (2 per city). They listed the hotel (in mail recipient's city) where they'll be staying and the rental car company where they've reserved a van (to put "prize patrol magnetic sign" on...

My wife didn't get her $10,000 Yahoo/pch.com win yet; maybe the prize patrol will drop it off on OCT 9th too. Her affy and requested photo didn't have to be returned to PCH til SEP 26th (my birthday - 51), but of course she FedExed it back SEP 17th, the day after she got it. Can lightning strike twice? Maybe the prize patrol will bring me $10,000 too :p

Al-what an optimist-Witmayer

PS I just read the rules at the PCH site; odds of winning depend on your zip code... in less populated geographic areas it is 1:72,000, in more urban areas, 1:1,250,000. The question is, weegesa, is El Cajon considered part of San Diego, and who will answer the door when the prize patrol comes knocking?!?

[This message has been edited by alwitmayer (edited September 30, 2000).]
  Old  October 1st, 2000, 12:58am     #6
tbird
Sweeper
Founding Member

Thank you all for your responses. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. Here's hoping for the big one!
  Old  October 1st, 2000, 2:39am     #7
weegesa
Sweeper
Founding Member

I do believe El Cajon would be part of San Diego, and it would be just my luck if they came to my door now that I live halfway around the world! Wonder if I would still be the winner?
Sarah