Old  October 4th, 2006, 10:31am     #1
captainmorgan420
Senior Master Sweeper

Does anyone at all know why Uproar games shut down?
I knew it was coming for over a month because they had a banner at top of page saying they were shutting down........but no one (not even when I do a search) seems to know WHY they shut down......I find that weird, considering there was A LOT of traffic there and players. I did some searches but came up empty handed. Uproar had been around for over 10 years......what's next pogo??
I think when a popular site like that shuts down, they shouldn't go with out SOME Kind of explanation

Old  October 4th, 2006, 10:42am     #2
Nubbs820
Senior Master Sweeper

As of 11:59pm Eastern Time on September 30, 2006, uproar.com will no longer be an active web site and participation in the uproar.com games will no longer be available. All iCoins must be used before 11:59pm Eastern Time on [September 20, 2006]. After that date, all unused iCoins will become invalid and may not be redeemed for entries into sweepstakes. We thank you for your participation in and support of uproar.com.

that's sad.. I liked the acrophobia (or something along those lines) game.
  Old  October 4th, 2006, 10:48am     #3
captainmorgan420
Senior Master Sweeper

Yes, that is the banner I spoke of......but NO where does it tell you WHY they are shutting down. If a site has been around for 10 years, I think they should TELL it's players why they shut down.

Old  October 4th, 2006, 11:02am     #4
FreakDuJour
Grand Master Sweeper

Could be because they were in some sort of trouble for not awarding prizes?
I know I am still waiting on a $100 prize won a year ago- my emails to them never received any reply whatsoever.
  Old  October 17th, 2006, 12:47pm     #5
Avongayle
Junior Sweeper

Unhappy
I can''t believe UPROAR is gone. It was the first game website I played on when I first got online years ago. I will miss Bingo Blitz, I won about 8 dollars total on that game. Does anyone know the name of any other free sites like uproar? I play Pogo and Gamesville alot but would love to have more options.
  Old  October 17th, 2006, 1:02pm     #6
wottahuzzee
Senior Master Sweeper

Yeah, I remember Uproar from years ago. They had a little lobster as their mascot. You also used to be able to cash in your points for real money. Of course, you didn't get a lot of points per game, but I made about 20-30 bucks playing solitaire. That was a long time ago--when everybody was internet rich. I had quit playing on the now-defunct Uproar a couple of months back when, because I am from Florida, I could not enter for even the cheapo prizes. Oh well, I am now wasting my time at Netwinner (lots of gift cards to work for) and Cashbreak (kind of a hohum free lotto and game site),

Cardpool -- Buy and sell gift cards.
http://refer.cardpool.com/v2/share/5922530131753849626
  Old  October 17th, 2006, 1:56pm     #7
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avongayle
I can''t believe UPROAR is gone. It was the first game website I played on when I first got online years ago. I will miss Bingo Blitz, I won about 8 dollars total on that game. Does anyone know the name of any other free sites like uproar? I play Pogo and Gamesville alot but would love to have more options.
I play at splashspot.com. They have both free and premium games. When you win the points you spend them at the spoint store entering drwings. They have one every two hours for a keychain, but you usually get splashcash instead. I use mine to get $5 GC's for $6 in splashcash. I've gotten two $5 Walmart and one $5 McD's in the last few weeks.

http://www.splashspot.com
  Old  October 20th, 2006, 11:52pm     #8
Avongayle
Junior Sweeper

Thanks paco
I'll check it out
  Old  October 21st, 2006, 12:10am     #9
junebugged
Master Sweeper

maybe it is considered online gambling....???? but why would they shut down and not just become free games or something.....and thats only US right with the ban on online gambling?
  Old  October 21st, 2006, 3:43am     #10
Stephen
Senior Master Sweeper

It's sad. Another one of their sites: http://www.jackpot.com has also closed down.
  Old  October 21st, 2006, 4:05am     #11
trendmaven
Master Sweeper

Darn, I liked playing the games on there
  Old  October 21st, 2006, 4:48am     #12
candes
Senior Sweeper

Smile Memories....
Do you remember prizes.com? All you had to do was click on emails to get points for prizes. In just one sweep alone, I got $3500!!!! All prizes.com members were sent to uproar when they closed that site down.

At Uproar, when you could "hire the bots", I purchased a whole year right before it was discontinued. (Most folks had the 3 month membership.) And I won on a regular basis after that without doing a thing. Wow was that kewl! But I guess paying for sweep entry is a sticky situation. And could amount to a form of gambling. So I can see why it ended. Plus I did have a bit too much of an advantage.

This sort of site I guess has seen it's time in the limelight, and is no longer popular. The few that were left had terrible odds, and small prizes. Others just went belly up. Can anyone here remember being left high and dry right before the drawing for 2 cars at Wonderclick? Darn I had a zillion entries.

Wow this brings back old time sweeping memories. I can remember joining the OLS site on the main page. But it wasn't integrated with the present day forum. So many of us were founding members, but aren't regarded as such. Since the day you registered at the forums is what counted. Ouch...

While I am strolling down memory lane, remembr huronline? That and OLS were the 2 best sweep sites back in those days. But OLS had better organization and classification of sweeps. I even had my own bookmark category of "tons of prizes". So I was thrilled to find a site where the webmaster "thought like I did".

Sorry for going on, but uproar closing down stirred up a ton of ol time sweeping memories. I feel like I should be humming Auld Lang Syne .
  Old  October 21st, 2006, 5:00am     #13
pyrophite
Senior Sweeper

im REALLY going to date myself here, but i remember when uproar was bingozone, and pogo was the Total Entertainment Network (T.E.N.). That was probably back in 96 or 97. Oh how time flies!
  Old  October 21st, 2006, 5:08am     #14
candes
Senior Sweeper

Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrophite
im REALLY going to date myself here, but i remember when uproar was bingozone, and pogo was the Total Entertainment Network (T.E.N.). That was probably back in 96 or 97. Oh how time flies!
OMG, did the ten site once have a CD for it's games? I found an old CD when I was cleaning out my computer area a few months ago. And thought what the heck is this TEN CD for. Or am I confusing another site with it?

Hey what about the day we could enter a daily entry sweep just one time and still win it? Or when JC penny sweeps gave a prize to everyone who entered?
  Old  October 21st, 2006, 5:57am     #15
DoveBran
Master Sweeper

I won on Uproar once and received my prize- it was some sort of toaster oven. I use to like that site when it first started but then it kept changing and I lost interst.

Which site had the teasure game where you could click on the map and find the Pirate's booties for points?

KellieLor
WINS:
MYWins