Old  October 6th, 2005, 11:36pm     #1
FreeCellPenguin
Master Sweeper

Where can I buy orthodontic rubber bands?
I'm getting my school's Box Tops For Education ready to send out. I have thousands of these little rectangles that need to be packaged up in bundles of 50, and orthodontic rubber bands work great. When I "inherited" the Box Top Coordinator position, somebody gave me two packets of the rubber bands, and I'm running out.

Are they available in drug stores, or can you only get them at an orthodontist's office? I sent an e-mail to a dentist friend, but he hasn't answered me yet.

I'm going out shopping tomorrow and could stop at a drug store, but my schedule is crazy, would rather not go out of my way if they don't carry them.

Elaine

I'm the Boxtops For Education Coordinator for my kids' school. If you have boxtops that need a good home, we can help!
  Old  October 6th, 2005, 11:50pm     #2
skpaw
Grand Master Sweeper

My little dog used to wear a topknot. I got very small rubber bands for her at the dollar store. They are intended for people who wear small braids. You get a bag with maybe a couple hundred for $1. Lots of dollar stores sell them with the other hair stuff.

I had to stop the topknot when I got the black and white pup. She thought it was fun to jump on the brown one and pull the rubber band out of her hair as soon as I fixed it. Puppy also wanted to EAT the rubber band! After taking many of them away from her, we just cut the topknot off because I don't think rubber is a necessary part of a puppy diet,

I hope you can find these at a store near you.

Old  October 7th, 2005, 8:18am     #3
tv123
Gone Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeCellPenguin
I'm getting my school's Box Tops For Education ready to send out. I have thousands of these little rectangles that need to be packaged up in bundles of 50, and orthodontic rubber bands work great. When I "inherited" the Box Top Coordinator position, somebody gave me two packets of the rubber bands, and I'm running out.

Are they available in drug stores, or can you only get them at an orthodontist's office? I sent an e-mail to a dentist friend, but he hasn't answered me yet.

I'm going out shopping tomorrow and could stop at a drug store, but my schedule is crazy, would rather not go out of my way if they don't carry them.

Elaine

I think you have to get them from an orthodontist. We never found them in stores. My guess is stores don't carry them because they are all different strengths, depending on the job the orthodontist wants to do with the teeth that visit. If people were able to go buy them at a drugstore they'd buy the wrong ones and mess it up.

They do have small rubber bands - I think Goody makes them for hair. You might have to look for them, I think they are always in a bag.

Good luck!
  Old  October 7th, 2005, 10:07am     #4
FreeCellPenguin
Master Sweeper

I e-mailed a dentist from church, and he said "Keep reminding me, or call my office and leave a message..."

So I called him office and asked the staff there to nag him. They said they'd put a note on his sink... must be if they put a note on his desk, it would get lost!

If he doesn't come through, I'll look for the little hair rubber bands.

Thanks for the help!

Elaine

I'm the Boxtops For Education Coordinator for my kids' school. If you have boxtops that need a good home, we can help!