Old  November 9th, 2002, 10:40am     #16
pstanos
Senior Sweeper
Founding Member

I spend about an hour a day. Roboform has made my life much easier in entering sweeps. EZSweeps is another great time saver.
  Old  November 9th, 2002, 11:49am     #17
elainmir
Senior Master Sweeper

I spend maybe 1-2 hours a day right now----
I do EzSweeps.com and Huronline.com but I spend a vast majority of my time here because no matter what each day there are new contests! Everyday!
Also the boards are easy to use and the people are very nice.
I also use this site for my instant wins as well as a site called
myinstantwin.com.

I use Roboform exclusively.
Have a great sweepin day!
Elaine

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/545/15yy1.gif
  Old  November 11th, 2002, 5:25am     #18
rickindallas
Senior Sweeper

I spend about a half hour during week and
hour on weekends...I do my sweeps dailys
i'm interested and then check out the new
posts.

tip..check new post current day and again
the next day..new ones added all time
  Old  December 23rd, 2002, 8:51pm     #19
slgibbs1
Master Sweeper

I usually check my email and do my daily 100 entries for IWON at
5:00AM- before work. (I know -I am nuts!) I try to keep it under 15 minutes. Then after work, I usually enter my daily sweeps for
a hour or two Then after supper or before bed, I check the "new for today" ones. (I tried to do that earlier in the day and new ones would be added and I'd forget where I left off) So, now I just do that last thing before bed.
Re DSL vs. dialup- We used to have one phone company for local phone service. Then a new company came thru (AT&T) with local service. They put up all new fiber optic phone lines and I signed up. Since I have brand new phone lines into the house and
recently checked and updated interior phone lines---I have no problems with dial up. We have DSL at work and I honestly don't see a difference. Now, granted when I download a huge file that takes an hour or so, then I wish I had a faster connection, but that only happens maybe three times a year.
If I hit the lottery and have lots of money, I'l go with the DirectTV
satellite connection. Since it goes through the air with absolutely no lines-it blazes. But it costs an arm and a leg. I already have the dish, but the internet is $60.00 a month!!!

Sandy________________
Wins-$20,000, Trip to Las Vegas to the Comedy Festival, $2500 DEll XPS Computer, Trip to Czech Republic, $5,000 Bloomingdales GC, camping package, trip for 4 to Mexico, trip to the Caymans
  Old  December 23rd, 2002, 10:02pm     #20
forrafun
Master Sweeper

103 dailies in about an hour
I have dial up. Just goes fast with Gator and having them well organized in my fav places. I spend about half an hour each day looking for new entries, entering weekly sweeps etc. On average I'd say I enter about 100-150 contests a day. Goodies keep piling up. Helps a lot at Christmas time. Have gifts to give even though I'm broke. Good luck!

RA
  Old  December 23rd, 2002, 10:58pm     #21
onmyown
Junior Sweeper

When I just started sweeping this past spring I would be online (dial-up) for 5 hours entering sweeps. Well, the kids and the house didn't like that and after a awhile I cut it down WAY DOWN...I only enter sweeps I really want to win...I only put one entry in even if it is a daily...I probably now only spend about an hour a day TOPS....sometimes less. MY wins have still been pretty good...actually just as good as when I was doing 5 hours a day. I like the feeling of winning even more now, since it wasn't too much of an effort.
  Old  December 24th, 2002, 12:42am     #22
Gomez
Master Sweeper

maybe 15-30 minutes a day maybe 5 days a week

I enter maybe 50 per day

I use DSL on a Wintel PC with RoboForm

I only use this site and enter whatever interests me that's new in the "what's new" section for the day (and the previous day if I missed it)

For dailies I only enter the cash and car categories

Wins since Fall 2002: Rogaine binoculars; passes to "Harry Potter 2" preview; Chi-Chi's
Salsa; Life Savers; Bosch spark plug poster; Lance Snacks T-shirt; Amoeba Homegrown
concert tickets; Payday racing mini-helmet, mini-hood and 2 T-shirts; Suave 2in1 shampoo
and hair gel; Matrix PC videogame; $5 eBay GC; Sony music download; $5 BP gas card.
  Old  July 30th, 2003, 1:17pm     #23
Alimar
Master Sweeper

How much time do you spend on sweeps?
I have noticed several posts from people here saying you enter sweeps for 3 hours a day, or 5 hours a day, or whatever. Are these all online sweeps, or snail mail ones, too? How much time do most of you spend on it?

Just wondering, because I get done entering my sweeps in 30 minutes to an hour a day (with help from Roboform), and even when I feel like entering more I can't find more to enter! Right now I'm itching to enter more, and I keep going through the lists of sweeps looking for any I've overlooked, but can't find anything else to enter. But to be fair, the first day I came here, I spent about *10 hours* entering sweeps, and the day after that maybe another 4 or 5 hours. In all that time, I entered every single one-entry sweep listed on this site that vaguely interested me! And now I have maybe 50 daily sweeps I enter every day, and I check the New Sweeps list all the time and enter any of those that interest me. If they are dailies, I add them to my daily list. But that's it...doesn't seem to take that long after the initial time investment. I'm wondering if I'm missing something! (The last few days I've gotten bored enough without new sweeps to enter that I've spun the stupid iWon.com prize machine 50 times in a row...having to look at bunches of ads to get the spins, and of course never winning a thing!)

I don't do a lot of snail mail sweeps. I have entered the Walgreen's $50K one, but will probably only send a couple of entries total, and I fill out any sweeps forms I see in stores, but don't feel like spending a lot of time with paper & stamps (even though I realize the odds are probably better with those since fewer people play!). And I've done a few call-in ones, but only if I happen to hear about them and want the prize. One thing I do like doing is entering contests that require essays or other creative answers, because I think my odds are probably better in those, but haven't seemed to have the brainpower to do many of those lately! I also only enter with one e-mail address for the most part...though I have gotten desperate enough with the Hellmann's instant win thing to try with multiple addresses, and I've pressured my husband to enter a few, too.
  Old  July 30th, 2003, 1:23pm     #24
mynieces
Senior Sweeper

About 2 1/2 hours total entering sweeps and at least 1 1/2 hours reading post and posting when there's time.
  Old  July 30th, 2003, 1:30pm     #25
jinlorette
Sweeper

WAY TO MUCH!!
I spend between 2-4 hours per day at this board...and my house reflects it!

I need to win a maid!

Jinlorette
  Old  July 30th, 2003, 1:34pm     #26
dianella
Master Sweeper

I agree with jinlorette! At least 5 hours a day!! Then going back to Coke to enter, several times a day...It's my job
  Old  July 30th, 2003, 1:41pm     #27
twinmommytoo
Master Sweeper

Re: WAY TO MUCH!!
Quote:
Originally posted by jinlorette
I spend between 2-4 hours per day at this board...and my house reflects it!

I need to win a maid!

I'm with you there. My husband is starting to complain that we can't find the kids in the messy house.

I'm all for winning a maid. Then there would be more time for sweeps!
  Old  July 30th, 2003, 1:58pm     #28
jankelley
Master Sweeper

Too much time!!
I spend 2-3 hours a day total--- that is too much time. Yes, my house is a mess too!!!! I am not entering sweeps under about $400 in value unless it is something I really want. You just have to draw the line someplace--- some of the prizes just aren't worth the entry time and odds that accompany them.

Old  July 30th, 2003, 2:24pm     #29
allie
Senior Master Sweeper

Some threads that have been started about this before..

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/fo...threadid=64075

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/fo...threadid=63499

Right now, I'd say I sweep about 1 hour a day. I take about one day a week and do new ones (well I do the daily new ones everyday anyway), ones that are about to expire, etc and that day it will take me about three hours.
  Old  July 30th, 2003, 2:26pm     #30
tommy
Grand Master Sweeper
Founding Member

lets see i spend around 1 hour a day entering sweeps ----- 2-4 hours a day at the boards here ---- and my house isnt a mess i have a couple lasses that come over once a week or so that clean it for me