Old  September 1st, 2005, 2:44pm     #1
freshgirly
Sweeper

Dream of a Lifetime sweepstakes...
I just got a phonecall from LMG, saying I was one of the finalists in the "Dream of a Lifetime" sweepstakes. Did anyone know if this is legit?? They said they got my name through Visa/mastercard.

My Wins!
  Old  September 1st, 2005, 2:50pm     #2
pambanter
Grand Master Sweeper

Well, there is a sweep named that. But I would proceed carefully. No sooner is a big sweep announced than the imitators follow. Proceed carefully. Did you get a phone number? A company name?

And are they sending you an affadavit?

THE dream of a lifetime sweeps that just ended was put on by Hearst Mags and I do not think there was a credit card entry process - but it was a creative presentation so I could be wrong.

https://ntss01.webserve.net/secure/H...dol_fullpg.htm

Whoopsy daisy.
  Old  September 1st, 2005, 2:57pm     #3
tamiwami
Grand Master Sweeper

Got one too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshgirly
I just got a phonecall from LMG, saying I was one of the finalists in the "Dream of a Lifetime" sweepstakes. Did anyone know if this is legit?? They said they got my name through Visa/mastercard.
Then they tried to sell me magazines. Not sure it's really legit.

"IF YOU CAN'T BE THE POET....BE THE POEM" - DAVID CARRIDINE
  Old  September 1st, 2005, 2:59pm     #4
joenkim
Master Sweeper

Hmm.

I know there have been a lot of "spam" calls about a Dream of a Lifetime Sweeps.

At the same time, Visa/Mastercard have in the past run sweeps called Dream of a Lifetime. But the sweeps is usally held by a bank (such as Chase) OR Visa OR Masterdard, not Visa AND Mastercard.

If you are really and truly a finalist tell the LMR rep you are excited and ask how will LMR be sending the affidvait?

If they hem and haw and tell you that you have to come "get" the affy or there isn't an affidavit, then you are being taken for a ride.
  Old  September 1st, 2005, 5:29pm     #5
tamiwami
Grand Master Sweeper

Yep!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimanjo
Hmm.

I know there have been a lot of "spam" calls about a Dream of a Lifetime Sweeps.

At the same time, Visa/Mastercard have in the past run sweeps called Dream of a Lifetime. But the sweeps is usally held by a bank (such as Chase) OR Visa OR Masterdard, not Visa AND Mastercard.

If you are really and truly a finalist tell the LMR rep you are excited and ask how will LMR be sending the affidvait?

If they hem and haw and tell you that you have to come "get" the affy or there isn't an affidavit, then you are being taken for a ride.
I knew they were spamming me when they started talking about magazines and stuff. REALLY annoys me, because not being sweepers like we all are, they just don't realize how disappointing not winning something big, IS!!!

"IF YOU CAN'T BE THE POET....BE THE POEM" - DAVID CARRIDINE