Old  March 28th, 2005, 12:07pm     #1
ckbarefootkc
Senior Sweeper

anybody else getting bombarded with magazines you didn't order
Sometimes I get a magazine or a bill for a magazine subscription that I did not order. I have always sent the bill back telling them I did not order this. In the past two weeks I have had over 11 magazines or bills saying I ordered them. Is anybody else having this problem? I am trying to figure out if I entered a contest that has done this. I am always careful to opt out of magazine subs. Any suggestions.
  Old  March 28th, 2005, 12:14pm     #2
ldac38
Master Sweeper

me too!! all kinda of crappy mags too...lol If they were ones I actually read it wouldnt bo so bad, but car and driver? sound and vision? nope.
  Old  March 28th, 2005, 12:19pm     #3
Cahaba Lily
Gone Camping

Yes, I had this problem last fall! Major pain in the neck! I finally got it all straightened out, but I ended up getting more than 14 different magazines I had not ordered!
  Old  March 28th, 2005, 12:30pm     #4
luvey
Grand Master Sweeper

I have rec'd two magazines so far that I did not order, I just sent the bill back to them with a big DID NOT ORDER written on it, and they stopped. Hope I don't get anymore...
  Old  March 28th, 2005, 12:31pm     #5
jesren
Grand Master Sweeper

I just started getting Blender and other magazines I never signed up for! No bills yet, just actual magazines.
  Old  March 28th, 2005, 12:33pm     #6
ckbarefootkc
Senior Sweeper

I bet we entered a sweep
Seems odd it has happened to several of us. I bet we entered a sweep that did this. If I find out what contest I will stop entering from them because I have spent quite a bit of time and stamps trying to get these cancelled. Good luck to the rest of you. Have a great and lucky day.
  Old  March 28th, 2005, 12:35pm     #7
dementeddoll
Senior Master Sweeper

i got shape last month, and keyboarding this week!! sent the all back!! i do get family fun rolling stone and PS2 via wins!!

See my AWESOME wins!!!
  Old  March 28th, 2005, 12:35pm     #8
Ravin
Grand Master Sweeper

There have been a couple lately. I know I opt out of offers on sweeps I enter, so not sure where they are coming from.
  Old  March 28th, 2005, 12:38pm     #9
ckbarefootkc
Senior Sweeper

same magazines
I also noted that we are getting the same magazines. The first week was shape and keyboarding then about a week later my mailbox started getting full of them. Does anybody know if they are owned by the same company. I would like to try and just call one person to end them all. Thanks.
  Old  March 28th, 2005, 12:42pm     #10
painthorse
Senior Sweeper

I get them all the time but thy are not really bills they just look like them.There is usually a place to check if you want the magazine. I just throw them out.I haven't ever received a magazine that I did'nt order but I know people that have. One of my daughters used to get them (14) and I would just write this is a minor on them and that stopped that .
  Old  March 28th, 2005, 12:43pm     #11
dberg
Master Sweeper

I am famous at the Post office. The Magazine Lady. DH and I probably get about 30 mags a month. Some of them we wanted. Others were free subscriptions because we wanted to see if the mags were any good. Some just show up - like FHM, Maxim and Stuff. I know I didn't order those!
  Old  March 28th, 2005, 12:43pm     #12
jndperry
Master Sweeper

DH just got a copy of Field & Stream in Saturday's mail, and we also have been getting National Geographic. DH's cousin who lives downstairs has also been getting the National GTeographic since the same time, so I almost wonder if his grandma ordered it for both of us. But I have NO idea where (or why, for that matter) we picked up Field & Stream. No bills yet, at least.
  Old  March 28th, 2005, 12:44pm     #13
RainGypsy
Grand Master Sweeper

Be careful if you use Robo. A few times I have noticed that the web sites move their values, so if you have checked "no" to the magazine for one sweeps, for the next sweeps it may change and your no turns into yes!
  Old  March 28th, 2005, 12:45pm     #14
captainmorgan420
Senior Master Sweeper

YES YES YES
and it sucks. I have written a letter of complaint to one specific company and just got a letter head back telling me to keep the years subs. because they did it 3 times. I was spitting mad, but I now am getting a year on them HA (Its a good mag too)

Old  March 28th, 2005, 1:08pm     #15
Indy
Senior Master Sweeper

ME TOO, I'VE BEEN GETTING SEVERAL MAGAZINES THAT I NEVER ORDERED. I ALSO SEND BACK THE BILL WITH CANCEL...DID NOT ORDER! BUT, IT SEEMS LIKE THEY KEEP COMING....I WILL NOT PAY FOR THEM! I DID NOT ORDER THEM!