Old  June 28th, 2017, 10:22am     #1
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

USPS emails
First.. I got an email from USPS today that they received my request to find a missing item that I put in the end of May!! It stated they have not found it yet, but are searching. Well, if they would look up the tracking number they would see if finally got delivered several days after my report. Maybe they'll find it next month.

Next... I have to ask anyone who's been using the "informed delivery" .. have you ever reported mail no received through their link in the email?

Yesterday was the first day I didn't receive what was shown as coming... no biggie as it was just an advertisement thing.. but it did get me wondering if it was more important mail. Do you wait for 2 days and then report it not received? I've delivered mail and I know there are days when something can go wrong or you just "miss" delivering to a box so I would never bother about it the same day.. nor would I bother with it being "junk" mail. And it would be just as easy for me to call up the next day if it were important mail and inquire at our post office rather than report it. I had a pkg to be delivered by USPS dropped off by UPS one day - it didn't come in. Of course our post office was closed by the time I get the mail. So I called our former postmaster who's now in the town over. She told me to hold on, then came back and said she had it. The UPS guy drops it off in the next town because our post office isn't open after 11:30 - and the carrier in that town is suppose to drive the pkgs to our post office the next morning.. well, he didn't do it that day. So she told me it would be here tomorrow because if he didn't drive them over, she would. Our post office delivers to 3 towns and yet it's not important enough to keep longer hours... Crazy...

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  June 28th, 2017, 12:55pm     #2
implode
Master Sweeper

My mailman is really good, everything has show up in informed delivery so far.

Hall of Fame Winner of BMW i3!!!
Hall of Fame Winner of a trip to NZ!!!
Hall of Fame Winner of $10,000!!!
Hall of Fame winner of Super Bowl Trip!!!
  Old  June 28th, 2017, 12:57pm     #3
Brittles
Master Sweeper

The Sat. of Memorial Day weekend I never received a piece of mail that was in the informed digest, an envelope from Prizelogic which I figure was the free Snyders coupon that I won in March. Waited until the next mail delivery on Tuesday to see if it would show up and it didn't, so I sent the notice to them about it being missing. Here it is almost 4 weeks later and they never replied to my inquiry and it still hasn't shown up. Guess I can kiss that win goodbye.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  June 28th, 2017, 1:38pm     #4
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

I get every piece of mail they inform me about, but I get just as much that they don't inform me about.

I'm going to have to start paying more attention though, because I think it might be local mail that isn't showing up in the emails.

https://ibotta.com/r/rztlcw
  Old  June 28th, 2017, 6:09pm     #5
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Well, I got the one that was missing yesterday today.. I wouldn't have bothered even if it didn't show up because it was nothing.. but I do like the system to keep track of what's coming!

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  June 28th, 2017, 9:30pm     #6
cookiegirl123
Senior Sweeper

I panicked one day because it said that I had about 5 pieces of mail coming, one of which was a very important check. I received all pieces of mail other than the check and I freaked out! I reported it as missing but it kinda made it sound like I needed to give it more time. Anyway, I received that check the next day. I don't know why all the rest came but not that one but I was glad that it came. It nearly caused me to flip out but it arrived.
  Old  July 16th, 2017, 3:59pm     #7
mesquemai
Master Sweeper

Yesterday was the first day where the mail listed as coming to my house didn't arrive. A bill and an ad. Mail was delivered on my block I saw the carrier.

How long do people wait before reporting as not received? I felt like an a$$ because I clicked not received yesterday and don't want my carrier to have issues. But this was the first time since getting informed delivery that something it said was coming did not arrive.

I did notice a while back that on the USPS website the mail you are expecting that day info disappears in the evening so I now know to keep the emails they send until after I get my mail each day in case I have an issue.

Over the years I've had many issues with missing and misdelivered mail that for someone like me informed delivery is awesome. I told my sister to sign up she said she didn't care about her mail. Although I rarely win I can't relate to not caring about what mail might arrive.

Last edited by mesquemai; July 16th, 2017 at 4:01pm. Reason: spelling
  Old  July 16th, 2017, 4:56pm     #8
diddy18
Master Sweeper

I had a problem with my mail getting delivered to the street one street away with the same 850 w., they were getting some of my mail and I was getting some of theirs, this was happening all the time, I don't think you have to be required to be able to read the address correctly, finally I had complained enough that they kept my mail in a certain bin and made sure of the address before they delivered it, but sometimes that didn't work either, I sometimes still get the other persons mail. I thought you were talking about regular mail, sorry, I don't get emails from the post office at all.
  Old  July 16th, 2017, 6:02pm     #9
mesquemai
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy18 View Post
I had a problem with my mail getting delivered to the street one street away with the same 850 w., they were getting some of my mail and I was getting some of theirs, this was happening all the time, I don't think you have to be required to be able to read the address correctly, finally I had complained enough that they kept my mail in a certain bin and made sure of the address before they delivered it, but sometimes that didn't work either, I sometimes still get the other persons mail. I thought you were talking about regular mail, sorry, I don't get emails from the post office at all.
I was talking about my regular mail. USPS informed delivery sends you an email each day when you have mail coming (they don't notify you about magazines) it shows you a scan of the pieces of mail.

I've had issues since I've moved here with missing mail/packages and getting mail for the house on the next block over same house # as mine. For years it was a nightmare because my then carrier didn't care-- he literally laughed at me when I talked to him about it. Thankfully he retired.

I've had 2 regular carriers since then and these woman have been great. As soon as they took on the route I talked to them about that issue. It is substitute carriers who still f it up and give me that other addresses mail sometimes.

So glad that informed delivery exists now.
  Old  July 16th, 2017, 6:27pm     #10
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesquemai View Post

I did notice a while back that on the USPS website the mail you are expecting that day info disappears in the evening so I now know to keep the emails they send until after I get my mail each day in case I have an issue.

There is a drop down on the site where they list the mail coming... you can choose a different day from the past and it will show the mail.. I looked one day and found it..

Yesterday I actually got a letter that didn't even show up on the informed mail.. the other 3 did. No idea why since it was the regular #10 letter just like the normal ones scanned.

Old  July 16th, 2017, 7:03pm     #11
mesquemai
Master Sweeper

Thanks bomar97
  Old  July 17th, 2017, 11:13pm     #12
JeffTheGreat
Master Sweeper

My "missing" mail is usually delivered to the neighbors house.
They either bring it to me or drop it back in the mail so it gets delivered again in a day or two.

Old  July 18th, 2017, 3:35pm     #13
bongeezer
Master Sweeper

Letter Carrier
I am a Letter Carrier (Gasp!) and I always tell my customers who have problems with me or anyone
else at the Post Office to notify someone at the Post Office, I believe the best way to correct problems
is to let people know there are problems. But make sure they are real problems, I had a customer
complain about me picking apricots off her tree and taking a bite out of one side and then throwing them on the ground. My supervisor went to her house and pointed out the little teeth marks and said it was probably squirrels. The customer now thinks I must have squirrel teeth.
  Old  July 18th, 2017, 4:11pm     #14
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongeezer View Post
I am a Letter Carrier (Gasp!) and I always tell my customers who have problems with me or anyone
else at the Post Office to notify someone at the Post Office, I believe the best way to correct problems
is to let people know there are problems. But make sure they are real problems, I had a customer
complain about me picking apricots off her tree and taking a bite out of one side and then throwing them on the ground. My supervisor went to her house and pointed out the little teeth marks and said it was probably squirrels. The customer now thinks I must have squirrel teeth.
Been a family of carriers and clerks here... and also think most of the time local is best, but that being said, I have seen times when you can not get anywhere with the local post office.

I also get upset when I report an issue with a package that was on it's way but lost, or damaged or in one case, no signature or entry of it being delivered. My beef is with a post office clear across the country, yet the complaint goes to my local post office.. back when the big issue happened, my local postmaster had no idea what to do since it wasn't an issue at this end! What I ended up doing in both instances was get a phone number ( which wasn't always easy ) of the post office where I had a problem and talk to them directly. Then my postmaster would close out the complaint stating customer corrected problem or something like that.

And if I were you, I'd take the whole apricot with me and stop nibbling and leaving them behind!!!