Old  January 10th, 2017, 11:15am     #1
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

I need a "calm" day
Been stressed out .. trying to set up the new computer.. and wanting to get everything set the way we want it right away isn't working that way....

Then....

Yesterday I had UPS deliver some mower blades I got off ebay ( same guy I bought from before as we need a spare set ) .. It was 4 degrees outside and I was a little frustrated with the new computer as hubby was trying to get files transferred and having issues with some and I was trying to get supper going and in drives UPS.. I ran out and took the box from him... knew it felt awfully light but my mind was not there... came inside and immediately said something's wrong.. looked at the box and saw the edge had a slit and of course only paper was inside.

Hubby says why didn't you say something to the guy when he gave it to you? I said I have no idea.. my mind wasn't thinking.

So I sent a messaged off to the ebay seller. I called the company it was shipped from who said I had to deal with whoever the seller was on ebay because they just order from the company. I wanted to tell someone about the problem right away.

I looked on UPS about claims and it wants the name and address of the shipper.. well I though that was funny since it had the tracking info.. and I didn't have the shipper info.. so I gave up on that. I tried chat which wasn't available. So I messaged UPS on FB. Great service! After I calmed down and hubby calmed down ( he was furious about the box being damaged and the blades missing) and we ate, I got a message from UPS.. they wanted certain info and they would send it out to claims. Luckily it didn't include the shipper info.

I looked today on the tracking on my UPS and it has a note added that the merchandise was missing from the damaged package and the shipper will be informed.

I also got a message from the ebay seller apologizing for the delay ( I didn't think they'd get back to me last night and figured I would have to wait until today anyway . and hoped it wasn't someone who only looked at their messages once a week ) .. they are shipping replacement blades today!

This is the first time anything like this ever happened to me! Hubby reminded me of the time the UPS guy delivered a box that was obviously damaged and asked that we open it to check it before he left.. but this box really didn't look damaged unless you actually turned it to look at the end to see the edge slit. And I don't imagine the driver would pay attention to weights on the "info" as he delivers. It was basically my failure for not saying something right away to get it taken care of immediately. Something I think I will bank in my mind should that happen again.

Hubby says it's because I win prizes and never know what's coming so I don't associate the weight of the package with what it should be when it's something we order!

Still have a lot to do with the new computer..

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  January 10th, 2017, 11:32am     #2
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

It's nice when your efforts show results
  Old  January 10th, 2017, 12:17pm     #3
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by plazamama View Post
It's nice when your efforts show results
Still waiting for that on the computer

But at least I can relax on the mower blades knowing another set will be shipped.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  January 10th, 2017, 6:26pm     #4
chica6969
Master Sweeper

Nice that the shipping problem worked out.
  Old  January 11th, 2017, 8:44am     #5
Kahned1
Grand Master Sweeper

peaceful serenity to you and blessings
  Old  January 12th, 2017, 11:11am     #6
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahned1 View Post
peaceful serenity to you and blessings
Thank you.

I have recovery disks set for the computer.. the mower blades are taken care of, just waiting for UPS to call and pick up the box ( I was told they would want it ).. found some of the receipts for RealArcade games for hubby to get on the new computer ( hopefully ) but not the Super Gamehouse that he uses most.. not sweating that as I can find something for him.

Next to install Chrome and move the bookmarks and photos..

We took a day off since it was up in the 40's and decent weather and went to the big city yesterday. Everything was great except my Wendy's meal was lacking quite a bit. First time ever for that location... thinking maybe new management.

Today I'm back with working on the computer and few other things.. but not so stressed with anything!!