Old  January 9th, 2017, 3:50pm     #1
angelynn03
Master Sweeper

Unhappy Missed a prize --- UGH
Ok, I am very pissed right now. I just opened my "junk email" on road runner and I missed a prize that could have been a $500 or $200 VISA gift card. It was From a Facebook sweep that only had a little over 5,000 entries.
It went into my junk mail... EVEN THOUGH I have a folder set up for anything that has WINNER in the subject line or body. NOTHING has ever gone in that folder. The email is mainly a link to fill out a form for #inspirecheese something or other, to claim the prize.\
It also could be a $10 cheese board but it makes me mad that I can not even find out now. It was sent last Tuesday with last Friday as the deadline. I usually check that folder but I had over 3,000 regular emails to go though, and since I had my "winner" folder, did not check my junk mail in a while.

Is there ANY way to fix this on my road runner email so this never happens again? I want to cry.. especially since if it was 200 or 500 dollars... it would help towards my house fix up before I sell it thing I HAVE to do ASAP!

Thanks and any help or suggestions are appreciated!

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/539...nn03sig6kx.jpg
  Old  January 9th, 2017, 4:24pm     #2
Libra
Master Sweeper

No suggestions for Road Runner, but my condolences on the prize. Here's to bigger & better wins.

Pretty sure it was the cheeseboard. A stinky ol cheeseboard.
  Old  January 9th, 2017, 4:29pm     #3
tlcfromtn
Senior Master Sweeper

It was mostly likely the cheeseboard. I got the winning email for one last Tuesday from this sweep.
  Old  January 9th, 2017, 4:56pm     #4
angelynn03
Master Sweeper

Thanks, I would feel better if it WAS the cheese board. I have no idea why it went to the junk mail folder. Only maybe 2% of any email goes in there... oh well... Live and learn!

Old  January 9th, 2017, 6:40pm     #5
fairydancer35
Senior Sweeper

I won the cheeseboard too. It said it right on the form what the prize was....can you still access the form? If so, it will list the prize in the text.
  Old  January 9th, 2017, 7:08pm     #6
ContestScott33
Master Sweeper

I created an gmail account that I only use for sweepstakes. I set up rules for everything from "winner, win, congrats, congratulations, "you are the", "you have won", "affidvaidt" (I am sure I mispelled it here), etc.. I force it all to go into main box with a label.

I created one that says "unsubscribe" which helps get the newsletters into one place as well.

MY WINS!!! last win (01/30/2017)
  Old  January 9th, 2017, 7:13pm     #7
susan1215
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydancer35 View Post
I won the cheeseboard too. It said it right on the form what the prize was....can you still access the form? If so, it will list the prize in the text.
I won the cheeseboard too was notified on Tuesday. That's probably what you won. I don't have "junk mail" folder. I open up all of my emails. One of my biggest win of $500 just has the contest name on the subject line, no mention of me being a winner.
  Old  January 10th, 2017, 10:24am     #8
angelynn03
Master Sweeper

Smile
OK, I sent a reply email and the contact person stated that it was the cheeseboard! She apologized and said it is too late to get it but that is okay~ !! At least it wasn't the $200 or $500 gift card.

I still need to learn how to create a filter that will pull any emails with 'congrats, winner, etc' as it seems the one I did does not work....

Thanks for all the replies !

Old  January 10th, 2017, 10:52am     #9
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContestScott33 View Post
I created an gmail account that I only use for sweepstakes. I set up rules for everything from "winner, win, congrats, congratulations, "you are the", "you have won", "affidvaidt" (I am sure I mispelled it here), etc.. I force it all to go into main box with a label.

I created one that says "unsubscribe" which helps get the newsletters into one place as well.
I also have gmail with labels.. but some emails still don't get the label even with the wording plainly matching my filter. So I am still very careful with junk mail.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  January 10th, 2017, 11:34am     #10
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

I've had several different email accounts over the years, and I think that gmail is the most sweepster friendly.
  Old  January 10th, 2017, 12:45pm     #11
cman
Senior Master Sweeper

I know the feeling and am sorry. It happened to me with a scrubbing bubbles contest. Missed $250 gc and cleaning products. I check my spam more often now.
  Old  January 10th, 2017, 12:58pm     #12
implode
Master Sweeper

I might get 1,000 emails a day...frequently use search feature on my email to search for 'affi' 'congrat' 'winner' 'winning'...these strings will sort out most winning results. Nice way to double check when you are hurriedly deleting things.

Hall of Fame Winner of BMW i3!!!
Hall of Fame Winner of a trip to NZ!!!
Hall of Fame Winner of $10,000!!!
Hall of Fame winner of Super Bowl Trip!!!
  Old  January 10th, 2017, 1:22pm     #13
baroness-1
Master Sweeper

You may want to add more filters if you can

I have filters set up where the subject line contains:

big news
winner
won
sweepstakes
congratulations

99% of the time the winning email is put into a separate folder.

Hope this helps
  Old  January 10th, 2017, 1:28pm     #14
knycks
Senior Sweeper

I check my spam/junk mail daily for this exact reason.
I also won the cheeseboard.

Nycole
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"
  Old  January 10th, 2017, 2:23pm     #15
Iknownothing
Master Sweeper

I too have trouble with gmail filters. Just don't work for me. Don't have the same problem on my yahoo account or work account. Don't know how to make gmail do the things I want it to do.

Imagine if they all learned not that everyone has to be friends but that they could not be friends, with compassion and decency. - Meredith Melnick