Old  November 27th, 2013, 8:50am     #1
blckwidow
Sweeper

How do you keep up with sweepstakes away from home
Through the holiday season many people travel and I was wondering how everyone handles that with their sweepstakes. Or if you go on a vacation. Do you still enter every day? If so do you use a laptop or one of those tablet thingies? If you don't do you notice you don't win anything for a long time after? Are there tips or tricks for easily managing things away from home?
  Old  November 27th, 2013, 9:10am     #2
guruwan2b
Gone Camping

I usually take my ipad or laptop, but I find that if I am with family I would rather visit them than enter sweeps.
If I am on a work trip I enter on my laptop sitting alone in my hotel room.
  Old  November 27th, 2013, 9:27am     #3
margarita_mama
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruwan2b View Post
I usually take my ipad or laptop, but I find that if I am with family I would rather visit them than enter sweeps.
If I am on a work trip I enter on my laptop sitting alone in my hotel room.
yep. If I'm going somewhere where I know I'll have some down time, I take my laptop.
If not, then I take my tablet, and use it to check emails and surf the net, maybe. The tablet is not very friendly for seriously entering sweeps, except for maybe a straggler here and there.
I don't usually enter sweeps while vacationing, but if I have my laptop, I will check all my various forums/newsletters to get new ones I'm interested set up in my roboform, so I won't be too far behind when I return.

My Motherload of Wins
  Old  November 27th, 2013, 9:50am     #4
twoundertwo
Senior Sweeper

Laptop!! Take it with me to the in-laws and to my parents. Lots of downtime at both houses, so plenty of time to enter enter enter.

A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan
  Old  November 27th, 2013, 10:05am     #5
alansax
Senior Sweeper

I don't enter as many when I'm on vacation but I do carry my laptop. If I have any spare time I'll enter a few but I always check my e-mail. Some sweepstakes you have a limited time to claim a sweepstakes win. I also have my neighbor check my mail for any affidavits that may come by mail, UPS, or FedEx. I will usually have a little dip in sweepstakes wins the month I go on vacation or the following month but then it picks right back up to my normal level of wins, around 8 wins per month on average. In April and May this years I went on a 17-day Hawaiian cruise so April and May's wins were a little down but that's has been my only slow months this year.

Last edited by alansax; November 27th, 2013 at 2:34pm.
  Old  November 27th, 2013, 11:27am     #6
cbm479
Senior Sweeper

When I go on vacation -I take a vacation from sweeps also--do not own a laptop,smartphone or tablet I figure when I go away and spend money on a vacation -Its a vacation from everything
  Old  November 27th, 2013, 11:40am     #7
TawnyNY
Senior Master Sweeper

I take a vacation from sweeping especially if I'm on a trip win! Honestly, life is too short to do it 24/7.
  Old  November 27th, 2013, 4:18pm     #8
NJsunbunny
Master Sweeper

I always take my laptop when I go away and find time to enter sweeps in the morning or at night. I enter twitter sweeps and text to win sweeps from my phone and check my e-mail from my phone throughout the day. This past summer when we drove to Florida on vacation I got a hot spot on my phone and entered sweeps from my laptop the whole drive there and back.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/njsunbunny
  Old  November 27th, 2013, 5:26pm     #9
TheDragon
Senior Sweeper

We don't have a laptop or tablet, both were stolen. So I can't enter sweeps while away from home, so I just do my best to catch up when I get back.
  Old  November 27th, 2013, 6:12pm     #10
MissLexiDior
Sweeper

I have a laptop as well. Im not big on mobile sweeping, I hate my touchscreen so I know I wouldnt even try to enter a contest with one.
  Old  November 27th, 2013, 8:23pm     #11
buttercup100
Senior Sweeper

I don't. I just move on when I get home. I do try to be way ahead and not miss a lot when I'm getting ready to go away.
  Old  November 28th, 2013, 11:49am     #12
ResourcePress
Grand Master Sweeper

I keep up with just the basics of adding new sweeps and entering my top twenty dailies. And one has to keep up with emails. Just got two wins in two days. So don't let the sweeps emails pile up.

Wishing & hoping & thinking & praying, planning & dreaming... and entering!
  Old  November 28th, 2013, 12:27pm     #13
imaclutz89
Master Sweeper

I usually do all the days I know I will be gone and stop sweeping for that amount of time. I want to enjoy where I am. If I know there is a lot of down time and am visiting family, I may bring my laptop just in case, but I don't sweep nearly as much there as I would at home.
  Old  November 28th, 2013, 1:36pm     #14
awssm
Master Sweeper

I am an early riser and, if I have internet access, can do some sweeping while waiting for others in my group to come around. My laptop is so old and slow though that spending much time on it detracts from the vacation experience- hopefully can do something about this.
I also continue my vigil to find new sweeps wherever I can such as local drop boxes or mail-in entries.

America: Love it or give it back.
  Old  November 28th, 2013, 2:48pm     #15
enaj
Master Sweeper

Laptop, mostly so I can check emails and not miss a prize. Not much entering while I am traveling. A break from sweeping is nice sometimes too.