Old  November 2nd, 2013, 10:12am     #1
kristineeckman
Junior Sweeper

I'm not winning anything.
Hi guys i have been sweeping for only a few months. i have taken advice from others. i make sure not to disqualify myself i also do local sweeps. i know its luck even with all the times you can enter. i keep a log. i am starting to get bored and annoyed. HOW LONG DID IT TAKE FOR YOU TO GET YOUR FIRST WIN?
  Old  November 2nd, 2013, 10:29am     #2
Sirius_Moonlight
Master Sweeper

For me it took quite a few months before I started feeling like a winner. There will also be slow months. October was very slow for me. I think only one one thing, a CD. Some months I win quite a bit more.

This is a hobby. You have to like entering even if you get very little return. I like to enter b/c I learn about new products and it's fun seeing what you might get.

When you win from big companies, they often won't email you when you win. You'll just get a win showing up at your door one day, 6-12 weeks after you entered.

There are no guarantees with winning. The more you enter the more likely you'll win. In October, my very low month of wins, I only entered on the weekends. In July, my highest win month, I entered every single day.

http://thelemondaisy.com/ My blog for easy, cheap crafts that look nice for both kids and adults.
http://funfitnessfood.com/
  Old  November 2nd, 2013, 10:31am     #3
theolotto
Master Sweeper

It all depends, some people win the first week, some people wait a few years for the first win. nothing you can do but keep trying.

Remember, this is a hobby. If your not having fun, take a break for a few months and try again.

theolotto
  Old  November 2nd, 2013, 10:41am     #4
imaclutz89
Master Sweeper

It depends how many sweeps you're entering. Are you entering 30 a day and expecting a win? That COULD happen, but most likely not. You need to make sure you're entering as many as you can a day.

I've noticed most wins are few and far between so I enter a lot of blogs lately. They're smaller prizes and take more effort to enter, but your chances are a lot greater.

Also I notice you're not green. Some of my best wins come from premium sweeps. I tell myself every year I'm not going to renew unless I win something that made it worth it. As you can tell, I'm still green and it's definitely worth it!
  Old  November 2nd, 2013, 10:50am     #5
Johnny
Master Sweeper

This may not be what you want to hear, but you need to enter more sweeps, and that starts with paying for the PREMIUM membership. All the best sweeps are listed in the premium section.

Take the plunge for a few months;you'll at least find it a little more interesting than those blah sweeps in the free section here!

Good luck!

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. - Carl Sagan
  Old  November 2nd, 2013, 10:54am     #6
baroness-1
Master Sweeper

persistance and patience is the key. Buy a premium membership. Its only $30.00 and you will have access to more sweeps. Your first win will cover the cost of the membership.

I have been at it for 8 years now and won over 74,000 in that time (about 10,000 a year) and I am not a lucky person.

Enter every day as many as you can.

When you get your first win you will be overjoyed and want to win more

Yes it is boring, watch tv while you are sweeping, listen to music.

Dont expect to win immediately some sweeps dont end until months from now. Then you have to wait at least 6 to 8 weeks for the prize.

Old  November 2nd, 2013, 11:19am     #7
mvawter
Sweeper

I agree with buying a premium membership. Also, you need to LOVE entering! If you don't, you won't stick with it. I love it because it is fun to learn about new things and it keeps me dreaming. Every day I wake up and think, "this could be the day I win something great"! I usually enter on my laptop while watching TV with the family or early in the morning before I start my day. I have won some great prizes and I have also had months go by without a win greater than coupons. But, I still enter every day because I totally enjoy it. It also helps during dry spells to read the winners forums. It encourages me to see that people really do win trips and cars! Enjoy and good luck.

mvawter
  Old  November 2nd, 2013, 11:23am     #8
samf36
Master Sweeper

Even seasoned sweepers know you can go months and months without a win.
  Old  November 2nd, 2013, 11:25am     #9
fat459cat
Senior Sweeper

That is some great advice you all are giving.....Man October was slow for me --- shoot this whole year has been DRY with no wins. But there is always tomorrow.
Just hang in there no one knows when they may or may not win but it is still 50/50 either way
Good luck my friend
  Old  November 2nd, 2013, 11:32am     #10
ravengoth
Master Sweeper

3 years before my first win.

Old  November 2nd, 2013, 11:43am     #11
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by samf36 View Post
Even seasoned sweepers know you can go months and months without a win.
Yes.

It takes a lot of patience and if you aren't having fun doing it, then a break would be needed.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  November 2nd, 2013, 11:54am     #12
swankygirl
Senior Master Sweeper

Just think of this like I do -- you may have already won something, you just haven't been notified yet!

For example, last year I entered a one-time entry all expenses paid trip to Napa Valley in April. I was notified via phone that I won in OCTOBER!!! So... you may already be a winner, you just don't know it yet. That's what keeps me going.

Good luck and hang in there!
  Old  November 2nd, 2013, 12:38pm     #13
Daisylee
Sweeper

I entered this and that randomly for years, like for the dream house and HGTV sweeps but never won anything. I didn't really know there were so many other sweeps.

I started seriously sweeping about March of 2012 right after a friend won a huge prize and told me more about it.

My first win was two months later in May 2012 for a $7,100k prize. In 2012 I also won a $5k trip to Mexico and a $700 Visa Card and lots of smaller prizes from gift cards to skin care products. books, etc.

2013 has been really dry for me, my biggest prize this year is a $1k gift card that I'm going to use for Christmas presents.

Just keep entering and make it fun. That's the best part, its just so much darn fun.
  Old  November 2nd, 2013, 12:55pm     #14
cocoroe
Senior Sweeper

it took me 6 months .... i had started to give up then a package was left at my door .... i was hooked and havent stopped entering since ! that was 8 years ago .... just dont give up !
  Old  November 2nd, 2013, 1:01pm     #15
Paisley Daisy
Junior Sweeper

Im in the same boat. Ive been entering for months but have not even won a little prize.

Ive heard the premium membership advice, but right now I just can't spend the money. So Ive plugging along. Im not entering as many as I used to as Ive taken on another job to pay for the upcoming holidays, but Im hopeful I will win something one day.

Tags
first wins