Old  September 8th, 2013, 9:43am     #1
Daisylee
Sweeper

Unique Brand Presentation Means What?
Limit one (1) entry per household and per e-mail address per day per unique brand presentation.

We've all seen the above in the Creative Presentation Rules, but what 'exactly' does "unique brand presentation' mean?

For example, the $25k Life Saver Creative is spread across quite a few magazines and its called something different in each one. In addition the same magazine will be offering it under two or three different titles.

So is unique brand the magazine (example - Elle Decor) or is the unique brand the title of the sweep? (Example - Elle Decor Spa Retreat (aka $25k Life Saver), Elle Decor Ultimate Getaway (aka $25k Life Saver).

I'm trying to figure out if we can enter every option for the $25k Life Saver, or only one from each separate magazine post even if the same magazine is offering under two or sometimes three different titles.

I hope all that made sense. Thanks for any advice.
  Old  September 8th, 2013, 9:57am     #2
patricjames
Master Sweeper

“Unique Brand Presentation” is basically the same as “Creative Presentation”, except it usually is used in magazine sweeps. I suggest you Google “sweepstakes creative presentations”. You’ll find many explanations.

Briefly, there are two or more participating sweeps that are giving away the same main prize. There may be smaller secondary prizes for each individual sweep, but there is only ONE main prize.

At award time, one sweep is selected and the winner is chosen from that sweep. If there were 50 participating sweeps and you entered all of them except one and the one you didn’t enter is the one chosen then you can’t win.

If the generic term “unique brand presentation” or “creative presentation is used” then you have no way of tracking down all of the participating sweeps.

Meredith Corp. and Time Life are two magazine publishers. They usually identify the participating sweeps in the rules. You know who they are, so you can enter them all. Very few other magazine publishers follow their lead.

Pick a number and it’s possible that there could be that many sweeps participating in a “creative presentation”.

Personally, I pass on ‘em all unless they list the participating sweeps in the rules.

My dog's name is Mr. Hot Shot. He likes to ride in the car and loves getting his ears scratched and belly rubbed.
  Old  September 8th, 2013, 12:00pm     #3
Daisylee
Sweeper

Thank you for helping.

I don't see the list in any of the rules and for a long time I"ve been entering over 16 different sweeps under the $25k Life Saver Creative. I do understand how Creative Presentations work and its only one prize etc but I've recently heard you can enter each unique titled sweep and then I've also heard you can only enter one per unique magazine.

My main question is if a magazine, Elle Decor as an example, is running three totally different titled sweeps for $25k but they are all actually the $25k Life Saver Sweep under the rules, can I enter all of them for Elle Decor or only one of them as my Elle Decor entry. Meanwhile, yes I am also entering the same $25k Life Saver under Good Housekeeping, Marie Claire, Cosmo, etc etc.

So does "unique brand" mean the titled sweep, or does unique brand mean the magazine title.
  Old  September 8th, 2013, 12:59pm     #4
margarita_mama
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisylee View Post
Thank you for helping.

I don't see the list in any of the rules and for a long time I"ve been entering over 16 different sweeps under the $25k Life Saver Creative. I do understand how Creative Presentations work and its only one prize etc but I've recently heard you can enter each unique titled sweep and then I've also heard you can only enter one per unique magazine.

My main question is if a magazine, Elle Decor as an example, is running three totally different titled sweeps for $25k but they are all actually the $25k Life Saver Sweep under the rules, can I enter all of them for Elle Decor or only one of them as my Elle Decor entry. Meanwhile, yes I am also entering the same $25k Life Saver under Good Housekeeping, Marie Claire, Cosmo, etc etc.

So does "unique brand" mean the titled sweep, or does unique brand mean the magazine title.
Who knows? I think your guess would be just as good as anyone elses here. You could try making an inquiry with whoe ver is running them, but the likelihood of getting an answer is probably slim to none. If the majority dont bother listing all the entry points, i find it pretty doubtful that they would give any other sort of clarification. My own opinion is thxat these are DELI BERATELY set up the way they are for the longest (nearly impossible) odds and they are gonna continue to be as vague as possible with rules and entry info while meeting the most minimum requirements of US sweepstakes laws.
Just enter to the best of your ability to understand their vaqueness and hope for a miracle.....lol (in other words,dont overthink it)

Eta sorry for the typos im on my galaxy tab and not used to the keyboard and all the functions

My Motherload of Wins
  Old  September 8th, 2013, 1:26pm     #5
Daisylee
Sweeper

Thanks Margarita Mama. I just don't want to get DQ for entering more than once per day but I frankly don't see how they could do that with so little explanation or direction in the rules.

It's such a long shot anyway, maybe I'll just go with the one per unique magazine.

Thanks again.

Dais