Old  August 11th, 2013, 4:18pm     #1
amy16323
Master Sweeper

really could use some advice right now :(
on wednesday my doctor found some blood in my urine.he said this is the second time in two months he has found blood in there.he is gonna test it and give me the results tomorrow to see whats going on.last night i started to get REAL BAD pains in my lower left back.been dizzy alot today.not really sure whats going on and im scared to find out.anyone have any ideas or ever have this ? thanks for any advice on this

Amy's Wins

Amy's Wins2
  Old  August 11th, 2013, 5:26pm     #2
Ravin
Grand Master Sweeper

Having blood in your urine can be something as simple as a bladder or kidney infection to maybe even kidney stones, which could cause the pain in your lower back. Well, so could the infection.

But, since I'm not a doctor I have no idea. I really wouldn't worry a lot about until you have a reason too. Hopefully your doctor will get back to you soon with the results. Good luck.

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.” Buddha
  Old  August 11th, 2013, 8:37pm     #3
triple*eee
Grand Master Sweeper

For years I had blood in my urine (not noticeable to me but showed up in urine tests)

It was during the time I was having a lot of UTI's (bladder infections) 5-6 a year.

They did some further testing but didn't find anything other than a chronic underlying UTI

Bladder infections can cause back and abdominal pain, burning when peeing (but I never had the burning), cloudy urine, smelly urine, low grade fever, all over malaise
  Old  August 11th, 2013, 10:04pm     #4
MrsM
Grand Master Sweeper

Blood in urine - known medically as hematuria - is usually not a reason for major alarm.

Because blood in urine can be a sign of a serious medical condition, however, it shouldn't be ignored. All cases of hematuria should be evaluated by a doctor who can order tests to confirm or rule out an underlying cause.

Where Blood in Urine Might Come From

Blood in urine can come from the kidneys, where urine is made. It also can come from other structures in the urinary tract, such as:

Ureters (the tubes from the kidneys to the bladder).
Bladder (where urine is stored).
Urethra (the tube from the bladder to the outside of the body).

Kidney infections (pyelonephritis). Symptoms may include fever, chills, and flank pain, which refers to pain in the lower back.
Kidney stones. Symptoms may include severe abdominal or pelvic pain.

http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disor...n-urine-causes

Good luck - I know kidney stones can be painful. I hope everything works out for you.

And i just googled that - don't take it literally...... but it may put your mind at ease that it's nothing too serious.
  Old  August 12th, 2013, 8:12am     #5
zelda
Grand Master Sweeper

I agree don't get worried until you have reason. Wait til the Dr. gets back with you and relax.

I had blood in my urine a couple times about a year ago. it was from a uti

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8...nniesigbw1.jpg
  Old  August 12th, 2013, 8:22am     #6
wottahuzzee
Senior Master Sweeper

I have interstitial cystitis, so always have microhematuria (blood not seen by normal vision, only on microscopic examination). I've been treated for UTI's I never had, and some of the treatment is actually contraindicated for IC. It can only be diagnosed by a cystoscopy, although a competent urologist will know by the symptoms and examination, but the cystoscopy is actually confirmatory and best done in a hospital under anesthesia. They will use a camera to examine the inside of the bladder; mine looked liked hamburger. If your situation turns into a "we can't find anything" but the microhematuria continues, see a urologist.

ETA: Interstitial cystitis is associated with autoimmune disorders, so if you have anything like rheumatoid, lupus, connective tissue disorders, IC may be a good guess.

Hope they find an answer for you and it is nothing serious.

Cardpool -- Buy and sell gift cards.
http://refer.cardpool.com/v2/share/5922530131753849626
  Old  August 12th, 2013, 5:48pm     #7
CalicoGirl
Master Sweeper

I also have IC, but I don't think she has this. She would need to be making many trips to the bathroom to void. And I believe her pain would not be in the back, but rather on her lower abdomen sides. In any case, it is best to wait and see what the Dr. says.
  Old  August 12th, 2013, 6:42pm     #8
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper

I hope everything is ok.

What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?
  Old  August 12th, 2013, 7:02pm     #9
amy16323
Master Sweeper

ty all for the advice.my doctor called today and said no infection but next week when i come in he wants to check my urine again just to be sure.

Amy's Wins

Amy's Wins2
  Old  August 16th, 2013, 6:06am     #10
DiF0r
Sweeper

Hope everything is fine
  Old  August 16th, 2013, 8:07am     #11
blckwidow
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wottahuzzee View Post
the cystoscopy is actually confirmatory and best done in a hospital under anesthesia. They will use a camera to examine the inside of the bladder; mine looked liked hamburger.
What! my Dr did it in his office. That was seriously the most painful procedure I have ever had done. He wants to do it again and I said no way, no how, no not at all.
  Old  August 16th, 2013, 4:49pm     #12
wottahuzzee
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckwidow View Post
What! my Dr did it in his office. That was seriously the most painful procedure I have ever had done. He wants to do it again and I said no way, no how, no not at all.
Barbaric! I would not have it done any other way than in the hospital under anesthesia. In this day and age, there is no reason to suffer. Mine included what is called hydrodilation (using water to stretch the bladder because IC will cause it to shrink); I cannot imagine having that done without anesthesia of some sort.

Old  August 16th, 2013, 4:53pm     #13
wottahuzzee
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoGirl View Post
I also have IC, but I don't think she has this. She would need to be making many trips to the bathroom to void. And I believe her pain would not be in the back, but rather on her lower abdomen sides. In any case, it is best to wait and see what the Dr. says.
I've had back pain with mine, but it may have just been the fact that the IC nerves were irritating adjacent nerves. Having multiple autoimmunes really sucks.

I wanted to mention IC as a cause of microhematuria just in case. Sure wish someone would have told me about it before I pissed away (pun intended) money and time treating a nonexistent UTI, and, in fact, getting treatment that hurt more than helped. I also think the doctor I was seeing at the time saw me as a cash cow and kept milking because at the time I had very good insurance.

Old  August 16th, 2013, 7:52pm     #14
ambergirl
Senior Sweeper

I have had kidney infections and UTI's without any symptoms. Actually today I am going in to pick up antibiotics for a kidney infection I have right now. It was found during labs I had taken because I had my thyroid removed for thyroid cancer in June. I wouldn't be alarmed just yet. Sending positive thoughts your way.
  Old  August 19th, 2013, 9:12pm     #15
LuckyPenny
Senior Master Sweeper

While were talking about this?

Is what you guys are talking about is bladder spasms

Im having some issues and I cant explain what is going on but my endrocrologist says its not my kidneys.

I have fibromyalgia and diabetes I don't know what the heck is going on.

VENGEANCE IS MINE