Old  August 8th, 2013, 2:40pm     #1
vetstadium
Master Sweeper

Powerball winning ticket sold at my wife's job
My wife works there and it is one of my accounts, we bought two tickets.......but NO not the winners. My heart dropped when I heard the winner came from there. I usually don't check tickets right away .

2 HOF trips! Thanks to OLS. St. Lucia and Paris!
MY ONLINE WINS SINCE 2007
RADIO WINS
  Old  August 8th, 2013, 2:50pm     #2
guruwan2b
Grand Master Sweeper

There was a 2 million dollar winner in OK, but it wasn't me... :sad:
  Old  August 8th, 2013, 2:53pm     #3
talin710
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetstadium View Post
My wife works there and it is one of my accounts, we bought two tickets.......but NO not the winners. My heart dropped when I heard the winner came from there. I usually don't check tickets right away .
OMG! So close!! Hope you get it next time.

Do people that win every come back and tip the sales people at the store? I don't know since we've never had a big win, does anyone else here know? That would be wonderful.

Good luck!
  Old  August 8th, 2013, 3:05pm     #4
dovie
Senior Master Sweeper

I have heard that the store that sells the ticket gets a percentage, what the owner does with it is up to them (and this is just a guess, unless it is a mom & pop type they most likely don't spread it around).

We always buy hubs tix from the same 2 places, we would definitely include them (and the whole community) if we hit a really big one.

MY LOONYVERSE
TIPS ON WINNING
  Old  August 8th, 2013, 3:24pm     #5
NAL027
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by talin710 View Post
OMG! So close!! Hope you get it next time.

Do people that win every come back and tip the sales people at the store? I don't know since we've never had a big win, does anyone else here know? That would be wonderful.

Good luck!
I know that some people that always go to the same store tip them if they hit for a few hundred or more.

I thought the store gets 10 grand for a jackpot winner? Not sure.

My friend used to go to the same store and she hit the number for about 300 dollars.
The guy kept 50 and said that was his tip. She was so mad she was going to call the cops.
She needed the money. She never went back to that store. Can you believe it ! I told her to report it but she didn't want to.

- MY WIN LIST -

Old  August 8th, 2013, 3:46pm     #6
guruwan2b
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAL027 View Post
I know that some people that always go to the same store tip them if they hit for a few hundred or more.

My friend used to go to the same store and she hit the number for about 300 dollars.
The guy kept 50 and said that was his tip. She was so mad she was going to call the cops.
She needed the money. She never went back to that store. Can you believe it ! I told her to report it but she didn't want to.
That guy just stole from her. I would have stood right there and called the police on my cell phone.
  Old  August 8th, 2013, 4:08pm     #7
talin710
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruwan2b View Post
That guy just stole from her. I would have stood right there and called the police on my cell phone.
I absolutely agree! That was wrong, and he should have been arrested and fired at the same time. Unacceptable!
  Old  August 8th, 2013, 4:24pm     #8
tattwo
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruwan2b View Post

If someone had TRIED to do that to me EVERYONE would have heard me. The police, the manager, every single customer that walked in the store, everyone single person that was outside of the store, and I would shout it out to everyone I knew and those I didn't know.

Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours.
-- Swedish Proverb
  Old  August 8th, 2013, 4:27pm     #9
tattwo
Master Sweeper

I buy my tickets from the same place almost every time. If I won a big amount I would certainly give the clerk a tip. He told me someone won a fairly large amount and came in and gave him a $100 dollar bill as a tip. He always gives me his "lucky knock" on the machine when he runs my tickets. It hasn't worked yet, but I keep hoping.

Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours.
-- Swedish Proverb
  Old  August 8th, 2013, 4:27pm     #10
vetstadium
Master Sweeper

store getting money
Rumor is that the store (Acme..a supermarket chain mostly in South Jersey/PA area is getting 100k). Store director was on the local news and said not sure what they are getting but Acme is giving 10k to local charities. The community has a lot of houses on the bay and a lot were tremendously effected by Sandy. Osborne Island part of Little Egg Harbor was hit particularly hard.

2 HOF trips! Thanks to OLS. St. Lucia and Paris!
MY ONLINE WINS SINCE 2007
RADIO WINS
  Old  August 8th, 2013, 4:28pm     #11
tattwo
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetstadium View Post

You can't get much closer than that.

-- Swedish Proverb
  Old  August 8th, 2013, 4:44pm     #12
track9
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAL027 View Post

I would of called the lottery and made a complaint. They could void their lotto license for that