Old  July 22nd, 2013, 11:08pm     #1
2rose4u
Master Sweeper

creative presentation
What does it mean when a contest says creative presentation ???
  Old  July 22nd, 2013, 11:25pm     #2
enaj
Master Sweeper

It means there are multiple contests offering the same prize. There may be 5 sites to enter from but only one prize to be won. This makes the odds that you will win longer. Not a fan of creative presentations.
  Old  July 22nd, 2013, 11:38pm     #3
implode
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rose4u View Post
What does it mean when a contest says creative presentation ???
Generally means they draw one of the presentations to award prizes...then the second step is they draw from entries within that presentation to award that presentations prize structure. Meaning, if you don't enter from all entry points you could very well have 0 chance of winning if they pick the wrong presentation.

It also means they can have one prize group for $100,000, half dozen presentations with $5000 prize, and dozens and dozens where you win a small item like a cookbook. Then the cookbook ends up being a 5 page advertisement for the magazine that is something you would throw away.

That is the tip of the icerberg, CP have a bad habit of long entry periods and/or even extending entry periods for long time periods. Generally speaking that are some of the most hishoest contests around.

Hearst, Meridth, publishers clearing house, and Readers Digest are some of the worst offenders.

Hall of Fame Winner of a trip to NZ!!!
Hall of Fame Winner of $10,000!!!
Hall of Fame winner of Super Bowl Trip!!!
  Old  July 23rd, 2013, 12:30am     #4
Eccentric
Master Sweeper

If I enter five creative presentation sweeps, have I entered five times or just once?
  Old  July 23rd, 2013, 12:48am     #5
implode
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentric View Post
If I enter five creative presentation sweeps, have I entered five times or just once?
Depends on how you look at it...and how many presentations are added in the future to it...

You could look at it as either

Code:
1:A + 1:B + 1:C + 1:D + 1:E = 5:A+B+C+D+E odds
or you could look at it as
Code:
1:A odds, since other drawings are irrelevant (since only one drawing will be pick)
where letters are total # of entries in each respective drawing.

or if you are smart...you will come to the realization you will never now how many presentations are added over time. Could be a lot more then 5. Could be a lot more then 100.

Realize if you don't enter everything, and they pick a drawing you miss, your odds are nothing.

Old  July 23rd, 2013, 1:44am     #6
Sweepsmom22
Senior Sweeper

Implode you seem very knowledgeable about CP's...... Do you know if Woman's World, In touch weekly, First for woman, Life & Style, Sweepon etc are Creative Presentations. What would it say in the Rules to make you know that it is or is not?
  Old  July 23rd, 2013, 4:34am     #7
yadgirl
Senior Master Sweeper
Deep Ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by implode View Post
Depends on how you look at it...and how many presentations are added in the future to it...

You could look at it as either

Code:
1:A + 1:B + 1:C + 1:D + 1:E = 5:A+B+C+D+E odds
or you could look at it as
Code:
1:A odds, since other drawings are irrelevant (since only one drawing will be pick)
where letters are total # of entries in each respective drawing.

or if you are smart...you will come to the realization you will never now how many presentations are added over time. Could be a lot more then 5. Could be a lot more then 100.

Realize if you don't enter everything, and they pick a drawing you miss, your odds are nothing.
I think ePrize once stated that a CP could include up to 22 presentations. I'm not sure if that's just their limit or if other companies go by the same limit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/SosaLover/FREEval6/bunny.gif

Squirrel Butts Do Not Glow.
  Old  July 23rd, 2013, 4:43am     #8
yadgirl
Senior Master Sweeper
Deep Ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweepsmom22 View Post
Implode you seem very knowledgeable about CP's...... Do you know if Woman's World, In touch weekly, First for woman, Life & Style, Sweepon etc are Creative Presentations. What would it say in the Rules to make you know that it is or is not?
I hope you don't mind if I answer this question, but for those magazines, just like Hearst, the magazines are all owned by the same company. One company is giving the prizes away, so there is only one pool of entries. I don't think they pick from one magazine, then draw. They combine all the entries from all the magazines and draw from that. These are NOT creative presentations, but the entry method is similar to that of creative presentations.

Read the rules
http://winit.womansworldmag.com/swee...ter-1142/rules

Odds depend on the TOTAL number of entries received, not the number of entries received in the winning prize pool.

If these were creative presentations, then they'd have to pick one URL they wanted to draw the winning entry from, and select a winner who had entered through that specific URL.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/SosaLover/FREEval6/bunny.gif

Squirrel Butts Do Not Glow.
  Old  July 23rd, 2013, 5:45am     #9
lmaomostly
Master Sweeper

The creative presentations are the absolute easiest to enter. I think I have at least 100 that I enter, it takes me literally minutes to enter all of them. 100 of the other regular dailies can take up to an hour. I figure I can get an entry in on each CP that I know of and have a better chance. When I'm doing my sweeps, I always breathe a little sigh of relief when I get to the CP's because I know it's going to go fast. Some of the others can be such a pia(not really complaining, totally worth it if you win, lol)

Good Luck OLS members!
  Old  July 23rd, 2013, 5:47am     #10
lmaomostly
Master Sweeper

These are the biggest PIA's because of the dang captchas. They were so much easier before they changed it, lol. These are the ones that make me want to scream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadgirl View Post
I hope you don't mind if I answer this question, but for those magazines, just like Hearst, the magazines are all owned by the same company. One company is giving the prizes away, so there is only one pool of entries. I don't think they pick from one magazine, then draw. They combine all the entries from all the magazines and draw from that. These are NOT creative presentations, but the entry method is similar to that of creative presentations.

Read the rules
http://winit.womansworldmag.com/swee...ter-1142/rules

Odds depend on the TOTAL number of entries received, not the number of entries received in the winning prize pool.

If these were creative presentations, then they'd have to pick one URL they wanted to draw the winning entry from, and select a winner who had entered through that specific URL.

Good Luck OLS members!
  Old  July 23rd, 2013, 11:41am     #11
Sweepsmom22
Senior Sweeper

Thanks so much I have always been curious about those ones I understand now!!
  Old  July 23rd, 2013, 1:04pm     #12
implode
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadgirl View Post
I think ePrize once stated that a CP could include up to 22 presentations. I'm not sure if that's just their limit or if other companies go by the same limit.
I wanted to comment specifically on E-prize...E-prize generally does in such a way, only the grand prize is creative presentation in nature. so you will see several dozen sweeps with a $10,000 grand prize. They then draw for only one grand prize to award. First they draw the presentation #, then they draw a number from within that presentation.

The other prizes are usually drawn and awarded, because they are independent of the creative presentation aspect of the sweeps. Other companies don't do it this way. Works really well considering eprize instant win prizes have to seed prize tables by time well in advance.

Old  July 23rd, 2013, 1:35pm     #13
enaj
Master Sweeper

Quote:
I could not tell by reading the rules for these so
I wrote to them a few months ago and yes they are creative presentations. I don't waste much time on them anymore.
  Old  July 23rd, 2013, 5:33pm     #14
implode
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Pretty sure they are the last time I combed through the rules...since I no longer enter those, I'm unsure what the rules are like now. I always look for the word 'presented' or 'presentation' in the rules...those are good clues of CP contests..

Old  July 23rd, 2013, 5:47pm     #15
2rose4u
Master Sweeper

Thanks everyone I understand it better