Old  July 19th, 2013, 7:47am     #16
twinreader
Senior Sweeper

Timing matters
I win more instant wins when I enter at oddball hours. If I wake up in the middle of the night I try to do a few instant win contests before I go back to sleep.

I agree that blogs and national magazine contests are mostly a waste of time.

Don't forget to look for local contests. I had a nice win from a local radio station website early this year. Also, I have had a few nice (albeit small) wins from the local newspaper.

Good luck!
  Old  July 19th, 2013, 7:48am     #17
lisacna
Master Sweeper

I might spend two hours a day entering. I agree with everyone go green. Lots more contests to enter. for me I play the instants and the daily drawings every day. I enter the 1x entry contests when I have time. I wont say I win alot but things havent been bad either. make sure you have email filters set up so your not missing wins in the spam folder. glta

success is getting what you want----happiness is wanting what you get
  Old  July 19th, 2013, 8:21am     #18
alansax
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
May I ask what the name of that software is? I Haven't been able to find anything as efficient as Roboform + Firefox "open all in tabs" option in my years of sweeping.
Yes. I purchased Sweepstakes Ninja at the convention this year and joined the Millionaire's Club and CAPTCHA support with them. With my Sweepstakes Ninja membership I currently have 791 sweepstakes and adding additional sweepstakes on my own from OLS, other sweepstakes directories, and Google Alerts found for sweepstakes around the internet I have a total of about 1,500 daily sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Ninja lets you know when you add a sweepstakes of your own if it is a duplicate of one you are already entering. I just love the software and love OLS.
  Old  July 19th, 2013, 8:33am     #19
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansax View Post
Yes. I purchased Sweepstakes Ninja at the convention this year and joined the Millionaire's Club and CAPTCHA support with them. With my Sweepstakes Ninja membership I currently have 791 sweepstakes and adding additional sweepstakes on my own from OLS, other sweepstakes directories, and Google Alerts found for sweepstakes around the internet I have a total of about 1,500 daily sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Ninja lets you know when you add a sweepstakes of your own if it is a duplicate of one you are already entering. I just love the software and love OLS.
This sounds like a software that could get you DQ'd by some who don't want automated entries.

Just found this in the rules on thecelebritycafe.com. The use of any automated programs that do not cause a user visible browser visit and a direct user generated submit such as Sweepstakes Ninja and any others are strictly prohibited.

Time to win, win, win!!
  Old  July 19th, 2013, 9:15am     #20
tokeymom
Master Sweeper

Smile
I was looking into the sweepstakes ninja too but isn't it around 30$ monthly. The way it is explained on the web site it sounds like you are going to each website and wont get DQ . But it is auto entry but somehow it sounds like they have away around it .Let us know how you do with it .

TOKEYMOM
  Old  July 19th, 2013, 10:03am     #21
pandka
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokeymom View Post
I was looking into the sweepstakes ninja too but isn't it around 30$ monthly. The way it is explained on the web site it sounds like you are going to each website and wont get DQ . But it is auto entry but somehow it sounds like they have away around it .Let us know how you do with it .
It's $29 a month or $249 a year. It's against most sweep/contest rules to use automatic entries. It's not too hard for a website to detect if the enter is being auto entered. For this reason, I don't use the Fill/Submit function of Roboform. I fill then click the enter button myself. People may win using it but how many more sweeps are they being dqed or blocked, because they used it?

More info on them and their Millionaire Club: http://www.prweb.com/releases/sweeps...eb10834152.htm

My tips to win:
- Read and follow the rules. I've won many times because the majority of people entering were entering wrong or didn't follow all the steps needed in order to enter.
-Shake it up. Enter more than one way. Enter using Twitter, FB, Insagram, snail mail, and local.
-Be consistent.
-Enter for what you want. If you need a new camera, then search for and enter all camera giveaways that you are eligible to enter. Do it consistently.
-Be realistic. Remember that large prizes such as cars, trips, and $ are going to have more people entering and the odds are less. I'm not saying not to enter, but don't get discouraged if you don't win a huge one.
-Be polite to the sponsor and support them so that they are more likely to hold more contest.

Old  July 19th, 2013, 11:08am     #22
alansax
Senior Sweeper

Winning 3-4 sweepstakes a week up from before conventions 1-2 wins per week. So I am happy with that. So I must not be being disqualified from many sweepstakes if any. Yes it's $29.95 a month but I got one month free for purchasing at the convention. It uses similar technology to that that Roboform uses. A browser is open and you see it filling and submitting the sweepstakes unlike some software that you don't see anything it just enters you using macros. So don't think it would qualify as a automated entry. Automated entries are software that uses macros to fill the sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Ninja is essentially the same as Roboform. You can use Roboform to select a range of sweepstakes and it automatically loads, fills, and submits your entries as well. Only thing different is Roboform will not red flag a sweepstakes that is already in your database of sweepstakes.
  Old  July 19th, 2013, 11:55am     #23
jolee62
Grand Master Sweeper

Enter enter enter!!! Thats the only advice I can give! The more you do the better your chances are!

Old  July 19th, 2013, 2:39pm     #24
davisesq212
Senior Sweeper

$29 a month is a lot of money and they only give you 300 contests...the rest you have to add. Doesnt seem to be worth it. Thats just my thoughts though.
  Old  July 19th, 2013, 2:53pm     #25
prismperfect
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisesq212 View Post
$29 a month is a lot of money and they only give you 300 contests...the rest you have to add. Doesnt seem to be worth it. Thats just my thoughts though.
Yeah I agree, to me the fear of being disqualified would keep me away from that program. Like someone else mentioned, Celebrity Cafe can tell if you use that software and will reject you, so it's likely everybody else can too, they can track referrers. And if you're still the one clicking submit and not using Ninja's automation, then you might as well just be using Roboform or another filler plus your regular browser, and removing the risk of DQ from using special software. It's essentially just a database program attached to a browser it seems, and you can do that on your own with bookmarks. Just my , but do whatever works for you!

For the OP, I enter about 500+ in a few hours, that's just using Roboform & Firefox, no automation, I am the one clicking submit and typing captchas, and I don't do blog sweeps (but I would if I had the time, I've won a lot of big prizes from them in the past). I win something at least once a week, but it would be more if I wasn't so selective. The ARV for me has to be at least $100, whatever it is or I don't bother with it. Books, t-shirts and product coupons are a waste of time to me, if you're trying to make it more efficient just cut those things out. Sure the little prizes are fun filler between big wins if they're not the grand prize, but let's just admit we're all here for the big ones, a little focused entering goes a long way. Just spend your time wisely, go premium on this site, and enter enter enter! Good luck!

Total Wins Since 2005: $50,903
Follow Me on Twitter!

Old  July 19th, 2013, 3:05pm     #26
tlak
Gone Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by implode View Post
If it takes you 7 hours to enter 125 contests, perhaps your entry method is outdated/flawed...I can enter 400 contests over 3 hours time using roboform.

1) Magazine contest are generally awful...because A) high entry rate in first place means long odds and B) a lot of them are creative presentation, meaning they don't even award the prizes in the first place since so many of the prizes are not drawn for.
I think your statement on creative presentations is completely wrong.
(While 10 sponsors may be in a creative presentation only one is giving the prize. You have to enter all ten sponsors or hope you have entered the one giving the prize. Then you have to be picked at that sponsor's site with the prize)
  Old  July 19th, 2013, 3:38pm     #27
implode
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlak View Post
I think your statement on creative presentations is completely wrong.
(While 10 sponsors may be in a creative presentation only one is giving the prize. You have to enter all ten sponsors or hope you have entered the one giving the prize. Then you have to be picked at that sponsor's site with the prize)
CP are some of the dirteist tricks around...I've seen the following things done:
1) Hidden portals to enter...
2) Poorly identified total # of presentations...
3) Many many cheap prize presentations, only a few big prizes...so chance of drawing a big prize presentation to award is almost non existent.
4) Companies who keep extending the time period of entry or contests that if you look closely that run for over a eyars time.
5) Companies who hide the winning notices in a manner prizes won't be claimed...for example a magazine will send you a postcard that looks like a soliciation if you don't read it closely.

I have seen all these tactics used repeatedly by many companies. I would go so far as to say creative presentations are an epidemic in how dishonestly they are run. The VAST majority are extremely dishonest. Hearst, Merideth, Readers Digest, and Publishers Clearing House are some of the worst companies when it comes to these tactics.

Hall of Fame Winner of a trip to NZ!!!
Hall of Fame Winner of $10,000!!!
Hall of Fame winner of Super Bowl Trip!!!
  Old  July 19th, 2013, 3:49pm     #28
terps1990
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskwinner View Post
yeah def try roboform or some other type of program

I enter 1000 in about 1.5 hrs with roboform pro and firefox

I don't understand what is firefox?
  Old  July 19th, 2013, 4:01pm     #29
prismperfect
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by terps1990 View Post
I don't understand what is firefox?
An internet browser, like Internet Explorer or Chrome. It's nice feature is that you can open multiple bookmarks at once. For example I have a folder of sweeps that I enter daily. I can right click on that folder, "open all in tabs", and it will open all those webpages all at once in tabs. Then you click submit on each one and close the tab. Saves a lot of time.

Total Wins Since 2005: $50,903
Follow Me on Twitter!

Old  July 19th, 2013, 4:23pm     #30
natashagt
Junior Sweeper

Talking
I disagree that blog giveaways are a waste of a time. I win most of prizes through blog giveaways. In the past 2 weeks I've won a $100 visa gc, a $100 vtech tablet, $250 pair of earrings, 2 dvds, toys, 2 necklaces.

I try to look for giveaways that are about 1000 or less entries. I only enter giveaways for things i want. I don't waste my time on giveaways with like 55,000 entries or giveaways that a few thousand entries for a $3 bottle of soap.

I get a couple hundred done a day by just using autofill on chrome.