Old  July 18th, 2013, 6:28pm     #1
Phyllisc
Junior Sweeper

Question How To Win Lots of Prizes
I have been entering about 7 hrs a day for over a year and have only won 3 things. How in the world do you win so many good prizes. I enter about 100-125 sweeps a day. Are the Better Homes any good? How about the magazine sweeps that run for about a year?
  Old  July 18th, 2013, 6:42pm     #2
implode
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyllisc View Post
I have been entering about 7 hrs a day for over a year and have only won 3 things. How in the world do you win so many good prizes. I enter about 100-125 sweeps a day. Are the Better Homes any good? How about the magazine sweeps that run for about a year?
If it takes you 7 hours to enter 125 contests, perhaps your entry method is outdated/flawed...I can enter 400 contests over 3 hours time using roboform.

1) Magazine contest are generally awful...because A) high entry rate in first place means long odds and B) a lot of them are creative presentation, meaning they don't even award the prizes in the first place since so amny of the prizes are not drawn for.

Hall of Fame Winner of a trip to NZ!!!
Hall of Fame Winner of $10,000!!!
Hall of Fame winner of Super Bowl Trip!!!
  Old  July 18th, 2013, 7:02pm     #3
Brittles
Master Sweeper

If you are entering 7 hrs. a day and only enter that small of an amount, something's not right. I enter many more then that in half the amount of time and I win often (sometimes a prize or more a day).

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  July 18th, 2013, 7:08pm     #4
bella
Senior Sweeper

If you're putting that much time into it you should get a premium membership.
You'll have access to more and better sweeps.

my trip pics http://s485.photobucket.com/albums/rr213/fannie57/
  Old  July 18th, 2013, 7:10pm     #5
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Enter enter enter, only way you can win.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  July 18th, 2013, 8:21pm     #6
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

I use robo but still can't enter as many as some here.. I can do average of maybe 1 - 2 minutes per sweep depending.

A form filler of some type would surely help you.

I agree, there are more choices for sweeps for premium members.. and time is saved from searching the web for the sweeps. You can always try a 3 month subscription to see the difference.

Time to win, win, win!!
  Old  July 18th, 2013, 8:54pm     #7
bigskwinner
Grand Master Sweeper

yeah def try roboform or some other type of program

I enter 1000 in about 1.5 hrs with roboform pro and firefox

my wins

WAREHOUSE 13 "see, impossible wishes, wishes that can never be granted, they produce a ferret."
  Old  July 18th, 2013, 9:01pm     #8
norcalgal
Senior Sweeper

I spend between 5 and 7 hours sweeping most days. That includes going through email, looking for sweeps, lots of facebook and pinterest entering, then dailies, OLS postings, etc. It would be impossible for me without a form filler. And even though I now use sources other than OLS, I depend on my premium membership here to keep me organized and on top of things. If you are going to spend that much time, I would recommend a 3 month membership to see if it helps.
  Old  July 18th, 2013, 10:59pm     #9
alansax
Senior Sweeper

7 hours and only entering 125-150 sweeps a day? I enter about 3 - 3 1/2 hours a day and enter about 1,500 sweepstakes a day. I have 3-4 wins a week. I use to enter 700-800 sweepstakes a day with 1-2 wins a week but purchased some new software at the National Sweepstakes Convention this year and have been able to double the amount of sweepstakes I enter in a day.
  Old  July 18th, 2013, 11:10pm     #10
queenv555
Senior Sweeper

Are you using dialup?
  Old  July 19th, 2013, 5:39am     #11
lieutcrunch
Sweeper

wow.. I guess I am a newbie.. I don't get anywhere near that kind of volume in 3 hours. Is it that blog sweeps are just more time consuming?
  Old  July 19th, 2013, 5:52am     #12
smilneyz
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieutcrunch View Post
wow.. I guess I am a newbie.. I don't get anywhere near that kind of volume in 3 hours. Is it that blog sweeps are just more time consuming?
Yes! Most of the blog sweeps are ridiculously complicated. I tend to avoid them completely unless there is something really enticing.

All of us have bad luck and good luck. The man who persists through the bad luck - who keeps right on going - is the man who is there when the good luck comes - and is ready to receive it-

Robert Collier
  Old  July 19th, 2013, 6:33am     #13
prismperfect
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansax View Post
but purchased some new software at the National Sweepstakes Convention this year and have been able to double the amount of sweepstakes I enter in a day.
May I ask what the name of that software is? I Haven't been able to find anything as efficient as Roboform + Firefox "open all in tabs" option in my years of sweeping.

Total Wins Since 2005: $50,903
Follow Me on Twitter!

Old  July 19th, 2013, 7:07am     #14
Sirius_Moonlight
Master Sweeper

I've found that I win more between October and January than any other time of the year.

Probably because there are more sweeps. I would definitely get a subscription. Almost all my wins come from Premium sweeps. Money is real tight in my household, but this is one expense that pays for itself.

>
  Old  July 19th, 2013, 7:25am     #15
denyse_g
Grand Master Sweeper

I enter at least 2 hours a day and rarely win a thing- some people are just luckier. I haven't won anything more then trinkets (small gifts/ gift cards, lotions, shirts, samples) in years.... .