Old  May 26th, 2013, 7:54pm     #1
bnit2winit
Master Sweeper

Roboform stopped filling in email address
I'm still using RoboForm2go version 6 on a usb stick and have not had any problems. Well until now. All of a sudden Robo stop filling in my email address on quite a few websites. Any idea? I'm still a little ticked with Siber Systems for going back on their word to honor our lifetime service so upgrading is not an option.

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." --- Martin Luther King Jr.
  Old  May 26th, 2013, 8:21pm     #2
bhjustice
Master Sweeper

Ditto and ditto...
  Old  May 27th, 2013, 12:11am     #3
bjdotson
Grand Master Sweeper

I bet both of you upgraded to ie 10. That wont let RoboForm fill in email addresses for security purposes. RoboForm has fixed this in their current version, but of course you have to upgrade to get the fix.

I won't do it either, I won't give money to liars.

Old  May 27th, 2013, 1:22am     #4
yadgirl
Senior Master Sweeper
Deep Ends

I just never upgraded. I'm still using version 6 for the original price I paid years ago. But I'm using IE8 too.

Try Lastpass. It should fill what Robo won't. https://lastpass.com/index.php?fromwebsite=1

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/SosaLover/FREEval6/bunny.gif

Squirrel Butts Do Not Glow.
  Old  May 27th, 2013, 10:03pm     #5
bnit2winit
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjdotson View Post
I bet both of you upgraded to ie 10. That wont let RoboForm fill in email addresses for security purposes. RoboForm has fixed this in their current version, but of course you have to upgrade to get the fix.

I won't do it either, I won't give money to liars.
Ohhh that explains it ... yes I did upgrade to IE 10 oh well, I guess I'll used it as much as I can until I'm tired of filling in some information. Thanks for letting us know.

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." --- Martin Luther King Jr.
  Old  May 27th, 2013, 10:10pm     #6
bnit2winit
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadgirl View Post
I just never upgraded. I'm still using version 6 for the original price I paid years ago. But I'm using IE8 too.

Try Lastpass. It should fill what Robo won't. https://lastpass.com/index.php?fromwebsite=1
Same here. I can't see myself paying Robo any money because I don't like their business practices. I've seen a lot of people mentioning lastpass. Guess I'll start looking at using lastpass. Can't remember but I think there's a monthly fee for their mobile version, not so sure if there's a reoccurring fee for a desktop version. I'll check on it. Thanks for your help.

Old  May 28th, 2013, 12:44am     #7
gummybear2010
Master Sweeper

i paid once 4 years ago i had unlimited passwords on mine so im not paying more everytime they upgrade

i have more problems have to hand type so much now

puts my name backwards puts my bday in my zip code etc been horrible they got me twice over the years for money when they upgraded not anymore
  Old  May 28th, 2013, 3:40am     #8
butlori
Master Sweeper

If you get ShortKeys Lite (it's free), you can create a 3-digit code to fill in your email. I have it and have codes for the 15 fields available. You choose a 2-letter combo and add a third character to complete your field code. Then, when you type the three-digit code, it types out whatever text you have told it to replace the code with. So, if you 2-digit combo is ab, you can create abe to be your email (you should choose a combo that is unlikely to appear in any words such as xk or qx).

I have codes for my first name, last name, full name, address, email, city, dob, phone with dashes, phone without dashes, etc. Works on flash forms and many places robo won't fill correctly.

Saves me from having to hand type everything out when I can't use roboform.

http://www.shortkeys.com/lite.htm
  Old  May 28th, 2013, 7:03am     #9
TawnyNY
Senior Master Sweeper

What happened to RoboForm? I did have the RoboForm pro but can't add anymore than two identities on my tool bar on my new laptop and don't have the time to try and figure it out.
  Old  May 28th, 2013, 7:51am     #10
rdoerr
Sweeper

Been wondering what happened. Thanks. Now I copy my email address and then paste in appropriate blank. Is an extra step, not a great solution but it works.

Rick
  Old  May 28th, 2013, 9:52am     #11
pcontester
Master Sweeper

I bought the new Robo because I really like Google Chrome and the old version won't work with it. Before I did it though, my conputer guy uninstalled IE 10 and installed IE 9 and the old Robo worked ok with that.
  Old  May 28th, 2013, 9:59am     #12
jhannum44
Senior Master Sweeper

Really glad to know I'm not alone with this. I never upgraded either. I thought it was just me.

Don't Flatter Yourself.
  Old  May 29th, 2013, 2:06am     #13
yadgirl
Senior Master Sweeper
Deep Ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by TawnyNY View Post
What happened to RoboForm? I did have the RoboForm pro but can't add anymore than two identities on my tool bar on my new laptop and don't have the time to try and figure it out.
If your version is higher than 6. something, you are using a version that requires you to pay yearly. I made that mistake and had to revert to an older version to keep my Pro.

If you had Pro before the new fee went into effect, you can get the older versions here. I think 6.9 was the last one to not require a yearly fee.

http://www.oldversion.com/windows/roboform/

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/SosaLover/FREEval6/bunny.gif

Squirrel Butts Do Not Glow.