Old  May 21st, 2013, 1:06pm     #1
Peachesncream887
Sweeper

What is your worst sweeps experience?
I won two Farm Rich Product Coupons in January and I still have not received them. The blog owner has contacted the sponsor several times now. I figure they should be overnighting me these coupons at this point. It is just frustrating when sponsors take so long to send out such simple prizes. I have only had one other bad experience and that was when I won a video game from IGN. It took over 6 months to receive the game! Anyway, just needed to vent but I thought this would be a fun topic so...

What has been your worst sweepstakes experience?
  Old  May 21st, 2013, 1:45pm     #2
nscaddie
Sweeper

I have a Carter's Watch the Wear gift card that I won in Jan (blog giveaway)- I worked with the blogger and she tried to contact the company multiple times. I just gave up on that ever coming - from the looks of the Carter's Watch the Wear Facebook page they went to sleep in Jan and never came back - so maybe something is up with the company. I decided if I waited that long, I wouldnt want to order and wait that long for product to come anyway.

I won a BagBlaze purse in Nov of last year that I never got either (same story, blogger was great, company was not so much...)

Oh well - I am grateful for what I get in the mail - and try to understand glitches along the way
  Old  May 21st, 2013, 1:49pm     #3
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

Quaker oatmeal. Won a large box of oatmeal and never got it and they didn't seem to care at all whether anyone got their prizes are not. Was really surprised by their lack of communication and I wasn't the only winner not to receive my prize. I called, emailed and snail mailed. I did get a reply to the snail mail saying I would get my prize soon, but never did and finally gave up.
  Old  May 21st, 2013, 1:55pm     #4
caseycupcake
Grand Master Sweeper

Angry
Way back in the dark ages, I won 4 bungie cords (tie-downs for a truck). The sponsor was in canada. Apparently, their shipping dept was incapable up putting US on the package and paying the extra postage. After many, many emails and their claiming that the sent out the items at least twice, I gave up. No big deal...but...

Every time I do a google search of my name it comes up

CONGRATULATIONS TO: Diane A of xx, NY. December's winner of the 4 Piece Cam ...
  Old  May 21st, 2013, 2:10pm     #5
Tarah716
Grand Master Sweeper

I forget how long ago this was, but there was a magazine I think, giving away like 300 bottles of shampoo/conditioner. I remember a ton of us winning them. I am guessing half of us never received them. I just gave up waiting for them. I attempted to contact them three times & nothing came of it. Oh well.
  Old  May 21st, 2013, 2:13pm     #6
implode
Master Sweeper

When I first started I won a prepaid cell phone worth over $100, I was to psyched up. Took 18 months of me nagging promotion company to get it. By time I got it prices dropped to it only being worth $20. I was really disheartened.

I won $10,000 from what most would consider the biggest promotions/judging company...they called to tell me it was all a mistake. Turns out missing out on a cell phone wasn't so bad after all.

I've also had some small prizes just not show up.

My signed racing helmet from True Car was also one of those odd situations. They were shipping the helmet from racer to racer...only to find out they would smear, or the visor would get damaged. Just complication after complication beyond their control. Meanwhile, I was cracking that whip with an email every month asking for an update. Ended up taking a long time, but my helmet is awesome.

Now if you don't mean in terms of prizes, my worst experience is with jerks who do marketing calls repeatedly. Or inadvertent magazine subscriptions. Two of my biggest pet peeves.

Hall of Fame Winner of a trip to NZ!!!
Hall of Fame Winner of $10,000!!!
Hall of Fame winner of Super Bowl Trip!!!
  Old  May 21st, 2013, 2:20pm     #7
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarah716 View Post
I forget how long ago this was, but there was a magazine I think, giving away like 300 bottles of shampoo/conditioner. I remember a ton of us winning them. I am guessing half of us never received them. I just gave up waiting for them. I attempted to contact them three times & nothing came of it. Oh well.
Rusk? I never got mine.
  Old  May 21st, 2013, 2:54pm     #8
Britta
Senior Sweeper

There were coupons I never received from Dole and Caribou Coffee but they weren't a big deal. The one that irked me for ages was this one:

GamePro Dynasty Warriors 1st place! GUNDAM video game and GamePro Mag, 1 yr sub (ARV $80)

I won it in 2007 and after numerous emails with them (they were fulfilling the prize), I eventually gave up. Real bummer because my family are all gamers so this was one we were excited about. Poopy GamePro!
  Old  May 21st, 2013, 3:00pm     #9
Kayte71
Grand Master Sweeper

I won a trip to the taping of the finale of Will & Grace. SO EXCITED! The sponsor was a cable company that wasn't in my area. When I called them & asked if I was DQ'd because I didn't live in the specified area, they said absolutely not, they wouldn't have sent me an affy if I didn't qualify for the trip. A month goes by, I am over the moon & my friend that I am taking is too. Then I get a letter in the mail saying I don't qualify to go on the trip after all.I made the mistake of entering the wrong sweep, but I think they could have handled it better.

Deepak_Chopra Your true essence is beyond the ego. It is fearless; free; it is immune to criticism; it does not fear any challenge. It is beneath no one.
  Old  May 21st, 2013, 3:14pm     #10
Sylvo2121
Master Sweeper

I choose not to read any of these posts

Good karma for all!
  Old  May 21st, 2013, 4:02pm     #11
Kon4
Senior Sweeper

I won a trip from Cartoon Network. It included $1,000 spending money. The check bounced.
  Old  May 21st, 2013, 4:16pm     #12
GracieCat
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachesncream887 View Post
I won two Farm Rich Product Coupons in January and I still have not received them. The blog owner has contacted the sponsor several times now. I figure they should be overnighting me these coupons at this point. It is just frustrating when sponsors take so long to send out such simple prizes. I have only had one other bad experience and that was when I won a video game from IGN. It took over 6 months to receive the game! Anyway, just needed to vent but I thought this would be a fun topic so...

What has been your worst sweepstakes experience?
Contact the sponsor directly. Tell them you won on "such and such blog" (provide them the link to the giveaway) and tell you still haven't received your product coupons. Ask if they sponsored the giveaway. I had to do that for a different sponsor and they immediately responded and shipped my product that same day. (They sent me a fedex tracking number.) This was after the blog owner said she wasn't hearing back from them. I contacted the sponsor through a message on facebook.
  Old  May 21st, 2013, 4:19pm     #13
Nana*2*4
Senior Master Sweeper

I was so excited to win a very expensive purse...expensive in my book it was $125. I recd the purse which very quickly, was allowed to pick which one I wanted..Perfect!!!....the company says that the purse was made to accommodate the I-pad. With in a month the purse's handle had cracks everywhere..the handle was not leather and did not hold up at all.

Twice I sent the company a private message with pic's and never heard back..I will not name the the company as I am grateful for the win, but I feel they need to address their handles/straps. I threw away the purse that I so loved and felt so rich carrying as I have never had a purse over $30. Very Disappointed!!!

Dance..as though no one is watching,
Love....as though you have never been hurt before,
Sing.....as though no one can hear you,
Live......as though heaven is on earth ....Souza
  Old  May 21st, 2013, 5:06pm     #14
Rhozalea
Grand Master Sweeper

thru a sweep on OLS - years ago i won $30K scholarship (i think that was the amt) I replied to their email 3 days in a row and finally got an answer back that since i never replied they picked someone else! I sent the proof of my reply & fought it as much as i could but never ended up getting the prize. I was so o o o bummed i couldnt even talk about it for years!

I cried because I had no shoes. Then I met a man who had no feet

Persian Proverb
  Old  May 21st, 2013, 5:09pm     #15
LadyCat
Grand Master Sweeper

being dqued from a sweep for cheating and having the most votes-when you did not cheat

Every entry is a potential Winner -