Old  January 20th, 2013, 7:39am     #1
lhilts
Sweeper

Angry Prize Logic
Has anyone else had issues receiving their sweeps win from Prize Logic? I was notified of a win about four months ago. When it didn't arrive, I emailed them. After a month with no response, I emailed again. They just responded that I didn't supply the proper information so the prize was forfeit.

What I don't understand is if I DIDN'T fill out the info, why would I be chosen as a winner in the first place? Also, they had my email and could have notified me of a problem. Something seems a big fishy about this...
  Old  January 20th, 2013, 8:22am     #2
gigi
Master Sweeper

Always follow-up with a call and or email to make sure the information you provided is what was required.

Never wait a month to follow up, was this an Affidavit that you supplied to them?

good luck.

http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic7547_4.gif

Diligence is the Mother of good luck...Benjamin Franklin
  Old  January 20th, 2013, 8:44am     #3
arouet
Grand Master Sweeper

After they notified you of the win, did they send you paperwork, by email or regular mail to fill out, that you missed? That's all that I can figure. If you submit an entry and they pull your name, you can be declared the winner. But if they send paperwork to fill out after that, to get more specific details about you and it goes to spam and or you just miss it, then I can see how they would pick another winner. I do agree that if you had missed something, it would be nice if they had emailed you to check on it. But they don't have to.

There is no way that I would leave it there though, I would want to know exactly what I had missed or done wrong. You are owed that much. I would politely email them back and ask them to explain. If they sent you paperwork that you missed, well then you are probably out of luck. But you do deserve an explanation.
  Old  January 20th, 2013, 12:33pm     #4
margarita_mama
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by arouet View Post
After they notified you of the win, did they send you paperwork, by email or regular mail to fill out, that you missed? That's all that I can figure. If you submit an entry and they pull your name, you can be declared the winner. But if they send paperwork to fill out after that, to get more specific details about you and it goes to spam and or you just miss it, then I can see how they would pick another winner. I do agree that if you had missed something, it would be nice if they had emailed you to check on it. But they don't have to.

There is no way that I would leave it there though, I would want to know exactly what I had missed or done wrong. You are owed that much. I would politely email them back and ask them to explain. If they sent you paperwork that you missed, well then you are probably out of luck. But you do deserve an explanation.
I agree.
There have been many times I've been notified via email and I always read the email 2-3 times to make sure I'm doing what needs to be done. (do I need to do anything at all, do they want a reply email with my NAZT, do I need to print out the "form" that is included in the body of the email, and is not an "attachment" and scan it to send back, print the attachment and scan/email, or print and return via some other methods, ec., etc.).

But, yeah, I would first and foremost re-read your first notification and see what steps needed to be taken. If you complied with those, then I'd followup with them asking what you were "missing" that caused you to "forfeit" your prize.

My Motherload of Wins
  Old  January 20th, 2013, 1:29pm     #5
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

I never get emails from Prize Logic through my Comcast email and I know there's at least one other email carrier that blocks them (think it's hotmail), so I always try to use Yahoo for their sweeps.
  Old  January 20th, 2013, 1:43pm     #6
bigskwinner
Grand Master Sweeper

any email type contact I ask them to respond that they've gotten my info and if I did everything correctly

I dont' think I've ever had a sponsor tell me I did something wrong and you are ASL - they generally tell me what I've done wrong (usually its the fax not getting in to them properly and a page missing) and then we keep trying

my wins

you JELLY?
  Old  January 20th, 2013, 1:56pm     #7
Rebel_Rose
Master Sweeper

I always got Prize Logic notices in regular mail; if I remember right? Usually something about to contact if I have moved or they would send the prize to that address, or an affidavit that needs to be filled out/returned. I guess the key question is if you filled out and sent back an affy and how they received it back from you? I looked up my emails, and I have had emails confirming instant wins, and even a winning email to confirm my address/info from PrizeLogic on a win, sorry. I did follow up right away that they received my correct info and the lady wrote me right back saying that she received all my needed info. I always follow up within a couple days, and keep writing if no word back.

Last edited by Rebel_Rose; January 20th, 2013 at 2:02pm. Reason: added more info

My 11 year old son made my avatar

(He's 16 now)

Old  January 20th, 2013, 2:21pm     #8
LadyCat
Grand Master Sweeper

only pizelogic emails i have gotten are your prize has been sent then i have to figure out which sweep it was-

Every entry is a potential Winner -
  Old  January 21st, 2013, 6:17pm     #9
lhilts
Sweeper

The email I got from them said,
"Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Dole Refresh and Win Instant Win Game. Following your win, the online form to complete your registration address and claim your prize was not completed. Therefore you prize was not able to be fulfilled.

Thank you,
Customer Support"

Since I know I always check my name/address, I can't imagine what was wrong. They never sent any notification that there was a problem and there wouldn't have been an affy needed - the instant win prize was probably less than $50.

So frustrating!
  Old  January 21st, 2013, 8:13pm     #10
margarita_mama
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhilts View Post
The email I got from them said,
"Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Dole Refresh and Win Instant Win Game. Following your win, the online form to complete your registration address and claim your prize was not completed. Therefore you prize was not able to be fulfilled.

Thank you,
Customer Support"

Since I know I always check my name/address, I can't imagine what was wrong. They never sent any notification that there was a problem and there wouldn't have been an affy needed - the instant win prize was probably less than $50.

So frustrating!
OK...I did not enter that one, but it sounds like there may have been a further step after the winning screen, to fill in your info, so they could send the prize. Do you recall doing that?

My Motherload of Wins
  Old  January 21st, 2013, 8:31pm     #11
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by margarita_mama View Post
OK...I did not enter that one, but it sounds like there may have been a further step after the winning screen, to fill in your info, so they could send the prize. Do you recall doing that?
You posted in the winners thread that you won the fruit gels. Sorry, but i went to check and see if that was the sweep where I won the light up beachball that I never received and never saw anyone else post that they got theirs and happened to notice you posted that you won.

I never got my beachball from that one.

http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com...1&postcount=38
  Old  January 21st, 2013, 8:42pm     #12
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

Here's the screen shot, says to enter your info on the next page.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dole.jpg (97.7 KB, 43 views)
  Old  January 21st, 2013, 8:47pm     #13
connie123
Master Sweeper

Sorry can't help!!
  Old  January 21st, 2013, 9:42pm     #14
mariebow
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Always follow-up with a call and or email to make sure the information you provided is what was required.

Never wait a month to follow up, was this an Affidavit that you supplied to them?

good luck.
Yes you have to be a pest, but it will be worth it, to get your prize.

Old  January 21st, 2013, 9:48pm     #15
clc408
Master Sweeper

My Experience
I won an instant back in September and hadn't received my prize. I contacted Prize Logic with the information and never heard from them so I contacted the sponsor who forwarded the prize to me. Three days ago Prize Logic finally responded to my email (with an apology for lateness). I explained that the matter had been resolved with the sponsor.

Just a bit of advice- any time you win an instant, immediately write down the date and exact time of your win. This information has helped me claim my unsent wins on more than one occasion.