Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  Old  December 21st, 2012, 6:42pm     #1
kath999 is offline
kath999
Master Sweeper
 
kath999's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,577
Location: North Hollywood, CA
PlasticJungle or Cardpool? (buy/sell gift card)
Does anyone have any recent experience with either of them?

**OR any others???

I haven't sold to them in a while, and reputations change quite quickly...

Last edited by kath999; December 22nd, 2012 at 9:23am.
Reply With Quote
  Old  December 21st, 2012, 7:32pm     #2
mesquemai is offline
mesquemai
Master Sweeper
 
mesquemai's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,255
Location: Midwest
I sold a gift card to Plastic Jungle earlier this month. I sold it on Monday (you can sell some cards by just giving them the card number and PIN online) and got my check on Saturday.

I've had issues with their poor customer service in the past, but always received payment.

They must be trying to improve their problems because I received an email from them asking about my experience, this is the first time I've ever been asked by them about their service.

I've sold cards valued from $25 to $500 to them.
Reply With Quote
  Old  December 21st, 2012, 7:37pm     #3
chvydupont24 is offline
chvydupont24
Master Sweeper
 
chvydupont24's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 3,039
Location: myrtle beach, sc
Have used Plastic Jungle several times in the past, most recently in the last month. Sold a $100 Lowes gift card and got an Amazon e-certificate within minutes. I've only had one problem with them and it was resolved quickly.
Reply With Quote
  Old  December 21st, 2012, 7:42pm     #4
lindalou1 is offline
lindalou1
Master Sweeper

 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,109
Location: Milford CT
Kind of crazy, but gift cards sell for just about full value on ebay. Just a thought................
Reply With Quote
  Old  December 21st, 2012, 8:02pm     #5
talin710 is offline
talin710
Master Sweeper
 
talin710's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,800
Tried to sell a card to Plastic Jungle not too long ago. It was an Ebay gift card, and they required me to send it in. Within one week after they received it, I was told by email that the card wasn't good and they wouldn't be paying me by Paypal for it. I knew that it was good, so I just waited for it to come back.

After not receiving it one week later, I emailed, no response. I waited one more week, then I emailed my phone number and stated that I expected a call (with my information). The call came the next day, and the gentleman on the line said that they couldn't verify the balance, so the card was considered invalid. I said, "So then you will immediately send my card back, correct?" He said "No, cards like that are thrown away."

I very firmly stated that my card would be sent back to me immediately, and that I would check the balance, and it better be the exact card with the full balance still on it, or I was going to take action. He seemed to be offended, seriously offended that I would ask for my card back. So I asked for a supervisor.

Three days later, card came. I checked the balance, and it took me less than one minute by phone.

I traded it here and got a star on the great traders list for the trade.

It may just be because they had a new employee that didn't know how to check the balance correctly. I don't know. I may try them again, but know that if you have a problem, expect to email too much with no response, or just put your foot down with your number in your email, and be nice but firm. It's your money. Copy everything about your card before you ever send one in. Just an FYI.

Good luck and let us know how it goes with whatever company you choose!
Reply With Quote
  Old  December 21st, 2012, 8:15pm     #6
pcontester is offline
pcontester
Master Sweeper

 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,291
Location: Near Champaign, Illinois
I have sold 3 or 4 cards and had good results. The last one was a bit slow but finally went to paypal
Reply With Quote
  Old  December 21st, 2012, 9:13pm     #7
kath999 is offline
kath999
Master Sweeper
 
kath999's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,577
Location: North Hollywood, CA
This is very helpful, everyone, but it's interesting that everyone here has used PJ and not cardpool!
Reply With Quote
  Old  December 21st, 2012, 9:21pm     #8
talin710 is offline
talin710
Master Sweeper
 
talin710's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by kath999 View Post
This is very helpful, everyone, but it's interesting that everyone here has used PJ and not cardpool!
Once bitten, twice shy.

I'll look into it, but what I said above still applies.
Reply With Quote
  Old  December 21st, 2012, 9:26pm     #9
kath999 is offline
kath999
Master Sweeper
 
kath999's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,577
Location: North Hollywood, CA
Yours is the story that scares me the most...

Quote:
Originally Posted by talin710 View Post
Once bitten, twice shy.

I'll look into it, but what I said above still applies.
Reply With Quote
  Old  December 21st, 2012, 9:39pm     #10
CrazyCatLady is offline
CrazyCatLady
Master Sweeper
 
CrazyCatLady's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,162
My last Plastic Jungle transaction wasn't as smooth as the ones before it. I had to send it in 4 different envies & 1 got misplaced. I did eventually get the funds however. Not in a big rush to use them again.

I used Gift Card Rescue last month. They don't provide postage like PJ did (not sure if they still do or not.) But they processed payment within a day of receiving the card, where it normally took PJ up to 5 days.

GL
Reply With Quote
  Old  December 21st, 2012, 9:47pm     #11
talin710 is offline
talin710
Master Sweeper
 
talin710's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by kath999 View Post
Yours is the story that scares me the most...
No fear, just knowledge. Everyone has a different experience. You will be absolutely fine,since you asked, and you know different scenarios that you may have to handle. Every person has a different experience, no matter what what company.

You asked. You are absolutely fine.

If you you have any other questions, call the ball and ask! We are here!
Reply With Quote
  Old  December 21st, 2012, 9:52pm     #12
flash112 is offline
flash112
Senior Sweeper
 
flash112's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 606
I've only used cardpool, and deposited a check from them earlier this week. I've been very happy with them.
Reply With Quote
  Old  December 21st, 2012, 11:17pm     #13
zelda is offline
zelda
Grand Master Sweeper
 
zelda's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 15,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by talin710 View Post
Tried to sell a card to Plastic Jungle not too long ago. It was an Ebay gift card, and they required me to send it in. Within one week after they received it, I was told by email that the card wasn't good and they wouldn't be paying me by Paypal for it. I knew that it was good, so I just waited for it to come back.

After not receiving it one week later, I emailed, no response. I waited one more week, then I emailed my phone number and stated that I expected a call (with my information). The call came the next day, and the gentleman on the line said that they couldn't verify the balance, so the card was considered invalid. I said, "So then you will immediately send my card back, correct?" He said "No, cards like that are thrown away."

I very firmly stated that my card would be sent back to me immediately, and that I would check the balance, and it better be the exact card with the full balance still on it, or I was going to take action. He seemed to be offended, seriously offended that I would ask for my card back. So I asked for a supervisor.

Three days later, card came. I checked the balance, and it took me less than one minute by phone.

I traded it here and got a star on the great traders list for the trade.

It may just be because they had a new employee that didn't know how to check the balance correctly. I don't know. I may try them again, but know that if you have a problem, expect to email too much with no response, or just put your foot down with your number in your email, and be nice but firm. It's your money. Copy everything about your card before you ever send one in. Just an FYI.

Good luck and let us know how it goes with whatever company you choose!


You aren't the only one i have heard who said that about them. Not sure if it was on here or facebook, but they told them the balance was zero and that they threw away the card.

I have only ever bought cards directly from stores, Only place I would because of stuff like this. I have traded on message boards before, not here since , I haven't won anything from here since joining

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8...nniesigbw1.jpg
Reply With Quote
  Old  December 21st, 2012, 11:47pm     #14
talin710 is offline
talin710
Master Sweeper
 
talin710's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda View Post
You aren't the only one i have heard who said that about them. Not sure if it was on here or facebook, but they told them the balance was zero and that they threw away the card.

I have only ever bought cards directly from stores, Only place I would because of stuff like this. I have traded on message boards before, not here since , I haven't won anything from here since joining
Thank you very much for your post! I've learned a lot, and I thank you!
Reply With Quote
  Old  December 22nd, 2012, 12:35am     #15
PirateB is offline
PirateB
Senior Sweeper
 
PirateB's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 977
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalou1 View Post
Kind of crazy, but gift cards sell for just about full value on ebay. Just a thought................
Unfortunately it's very easy for eBay buyers to scam sellers nowadays. They could lie about the balance and eBay/Paypal would likely take their side.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:28pm.