Old  October 14th, 2012, 8:27am     #1
slgibbs1
Master Sweeper

coke Rewards
Recently I posted the following on the Coke Rewards facebook page.

Dear Coke Rewards-

I drink a lot of Diet Coke! In fact, I drink more than anyone else I know. I average about 8 cans a day. Just for the sake of argument, say I drank 12 cans- one 12 pack- which is 10 Coke Rewards points.
At 10 points a day, I think I would be on the high end of your consumption profile. I used to use my points to enter
sweepstakes, that would be about 10 entries per day. But I
gave up and used them for merchandise instead.

I notice in the rules, that there is a 50 entry per day limit. This is the equivalent of 60 cans of Coke a day. I find it hard to believe that one person could drink this much Coke, no matter how much they love it!

I also surveyed a few friends who enter your sweeps with points. No one has ever won any big prizes.

My conclusion? That in order to have the best odds of winning a sweep, you would have to work for a vending company or some sort of commercial enterprise. I don't think this is reaching your target audience which is the average consumer.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think it's a GREAT program, and I have used my points for some nice merchandise. I am only talking about the sweepstakes aspect of the program.

In order to be fair about it, I think you should consider limiting daily entries to one or two. Not 50. It would level the playing field.

Thank You

Sandra L Gibbs

What do you guys think?

Sandy________________
Wins-$20,000, Trip to Las Vegas to the Comedy Festival, $2500 DEll XPS Computer, Trip to Czech Republic, $5,000 Bloomingdales GC, camping package, trip for 4 to Mexico, trip to the Caymans
  Old  October 14th, 2012, 8:40am     #2
auctions
Master Sweeper

Reasonable without bashing them...very nice and I agree.

Jenn <------I love Puffy
People don't really win those sweepstakes!!? Do they???
  Old  October 14th, 2012, 8:51am     #3
angelynn03
Master Sweeper

Unhappy
I totally agree. I try to only treat myself to soda once in a while since I am trying to eat and drink healthier. I purposely buy coke or sprite to get a 'code' and enter for something i'd really like to win. I feel the same that with 1-3 entries vs hundreds what are my chances? But I still try.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/539...nn03sig6kx.jpg
  Old  October 14th, 2012, 8:55am     #4
sammee
Senior Sweeper

I agree 100%, that's why I won't waste my points on them. NJ lottery second chance has the same problem. $500 worth of scratchoffs limit a day entry. That's 100 $5 scratchoffs easily. When they first started it, the first month of winners seems to be a family all in the same town. Now I know that town is close to a convenience store with a high volume of lottery sales, and I don't think that store knowingly gave them out. But it's very dissappointing for this kind of stuff to go on.
  Old  October 14th, 2012, 9:01am     #5
Babyluigi111
Sweeper

I saved a huge box of coke caps from my neighbor, and parties I host, so for me, however, I like 50 points a day.

A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.
Shigeru Miyamoto
  Old  October 14th, 2012, 9:15am     #6
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

I think that's a good idea to vastly limit the number of daily entries. I do drink Coke every day, but I just buy a 2 liter bottle each week, so I never have many caps. I have only entered a few of the sweepstakes because I figure that I don't have much of a chance with the small number of codes that I have.

Our task must be to free ourselves...by widening our circle of compassion
to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.

Albert Einstein
  Old  October 14th, 2012, 9:31am     #7
rdsd221
Senior Sweeper

Worded perfectly and I agree.
  Old  October 14th, 2012, 10:30am     #8
HelenR
Master Sweeper

>slgibbs1
I don't have access to huge numbers of Coke points either so very rarely enter one of their sweepstakes. Once in a while, I have enough points to get some kind of merchandise, like a free magazine. Coke seems to encourge the large entries by having that thing that reads and enters codes. Can't think what you call the "thing" right off. I, too, would like to have more of a chance to win things like you, but don't think they will change the way they do this. Maybe they will send you some extra points for contacting them!!

I don't drink Diet Coke, but DH does and we watched a Dr. Oz show on what diet drinks do to your body--even 1 a day. You can probably find his information on-line if are interested, and you should be. Think DH is planning on dropping the diet drinks again after seeing this as he experiences some of these effects caused by drinking diet sodas--maybe 2 a day. I do think some of the soft drink companies are beginning to introduce natural sweetners which won't do the harm to bodies that these artifical sweetners do.
  Old  October 14th, 2012, 10:34am     #9
Rhozalea
Grand Master Sweeper

if its an "instant" win sweeps, go to the rulz & enter there w/o using points

otherwise i agree
nice letter

I cried because I had no shoes. Then I met a man who had no feet

Persian Proverb
  Old  October 14th, 2012, 11:23am     #10
calexile
Senior Sweeper

They don't care about being fair. They care about selling coke. The money they spend on sweeps is a drop in the ocean of hundreds of millions they spend on advertising. They pay e-prize to manage their contests for them. That is so they will not spend any time on it. They know that people dig bottle caps out of trash cans to get the points. That is ok as long as somebody bought the coke. Look around you at work and you may see that almost everybody tosses the caps away. Complain about the program too too much and it will go away.
  Old  October 14th, 2012, 11:42am     #11
calexile
Senior Sweeper

Lightbulb
Also.. if you drink 8 cokes a day, they do not need to sell it to you. They need to sell it to me because I consider coke and pepsi to be the same thing . I have no brand loyalty for soda. For example: yesterday at Food Lion, pepsi was $1.99 cheaper than coke. What do yotu think I bought if I consider them to be the same thing? When the price is the same, the MCR points are the tiebreaker and I buy coke. Also..not every sweeper does it every day. Some people actually have more pressing things in their life and enter only once a week or even less.
  Old  October 14th, 2012, 12:13pm     #12
janolson
Sweeper

I've won from Coke prizes of $500 value. it's just chance like any of the sweepstakes. doesn't require daily entering or mass entering and no whining necessary!
  Old  October 14th, 2012, 12:39pm     #13
chvydupont24
Master Sweeper

I get what you're saying but I like the 50 points because I don't enter every day. I usually enter once a week after entering my codes for the week.
  Old  October 14th, 2012, 1:37pm     #14
pandka
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenR View Post
>slgibbs1
I don't have access to huge numbers of Coke points either so very rarely enter one of their sweepstakes. Once in a while, I have enough points to get some kind of merchandise, like a free magazine. Coke seems to encourge the large entries by having that thing that reads and enters codes. Can't think what you call the "thing" right off. I, too, would like to have more of a chance to win things like you, but don't think they will change the way they do this. Maybe they will send you some extra points for contacting them!!

I don't drink Diet Coke, but DH does and we watched a Dr. Oz show on what diet drinks do to your body--even 1 a day. You can probably find his information on-line if are interested, and you should be. Think DH is planning on dropping the diet drinks again after seeing this as he experiences some of these effects caused by drinking diet sodas--maybe 2 a day. I do think some of the soft drink companies are beginning to introduce natural sweetners which won't do the harm to bodies that these artifical sweetners do.
Agree. I feel better than I did 15 years ago, since I gave up Diet Dr. Pepper 3 yaes ago. I drank a 2 liter- 12 pack a day for over 20 years. My symptoms of Fibromyagia are now very mild, less migraines, more energy, and I've lost weight. If you should stumble on the link, please pm it to me.

Old  October 14th, 2012, 3:11pm     #15
Pam512
Junior Sweeper

Just remember this - just because somebody might have 50 entries and you only have 5, you still have a chance to win. I learned that when I entered hundreds of tickets for a second chance drawing with the lottery and I found out that the person who won only entered 14 tickets. I did win a $25 Chili's card a couple of years ago in the instant win part of the Coke Rewards section. Just keep entering because you always have a chance of winning.