Old  June 19th, 2012, 8:46pm     #1
AngieE
Master Sweeper

FACEBOOK Winner Notifications??
I love entering Facebook sweeps and I do ok at it. But, I do wonder if I am finding out about every win?

The questions posted below are for you Facebook sweepers or other interested souls:

I have a subscription for the thread on here that lists some facebook winner notifications. I check it often. I google my name fairly often. I put my name in the search box here often. I check my mailbox on Facebook and hotmail often.

The one thing I don't do is......I don't make a list of the Facebook sweeps I enter or visit the Facebook websites to see WHO won. Should do it but I don't.

1) Do you make a list of each Facebook sweep with it's expiration date and go back and check to see who won??

2) Do you have any hints for checking for Facebook sweep wins??

any comments etc welcome THANK YOU

:kitty Please spay/neuter your pets! Let's put an end to millions of animals dying in shelters every year!

Old  June 19th, 2012, 9:11pm     #2
maniacattack
Senior Sweeper

no usually if i win a facebook contest I either get a regular email about the win or it shows up at my house

Old  June 19th, 2012, 9:15pm     #3
margarita_mama
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacattack View Post
no usually if i win a facebook contest I either get a regular email about the win or it shows up at my house
This. I have always received an email.
And if they are not notifying winners "outside" of facebook's features, then they are in violation of facebook's regulations regarding sweepstakes/giveaways, and should be made aware of that.

My Motherload of Wins
  Old  June 19th, 2012, 9:42pm     #4
ppammela
Gone Camping

I rarely, if ever, hide their feeds from my home page while the sweep is running, that way I know when a winner is announced etc. I have always received either an email telling me I won... or the prize simply showed up on my doorstep. I did once catch my name announced as a winner (right as they posted it) but when I went to check my email, there was an email from them as well so even if I had missed the announcement, I would have gotten the email.

If I know a company runs sweeps frequently, I do not block their feeds from my home page. That way when a new sweep starts I see it right away. I have only blocked/hid a handful of sponsors from my home page but that was because they were updating their statuses several times an hour. (I dont mind once a day or even two-three times a day but more than that can get annoying).
  Old  June 19th, 2012, 10:04pm     #5
sheila10253
Senior Master Sweeper

I found a large Best Buy gift card win in my other folder under messages about 3 months too late. They did not send me an email nor did they send the card because I never knew to go claim it.

My Wins
  Old  June 19th, 2012, 10:59pm     #6
AngieE
Master Sweeper

Please explain further!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppammela View Post
I rarely, if ever, hide their feeds from my home page while the sweep is running, that way I know when a winner is announced etc. I have always received either an email telling me I won... or the prize simply showed up on my doorstep. I did once catch my name announced as a winner (right as they posted it) but when I went to check my email, there was an email from them as well so even if I had missed the announcement, I would have gotten the email.

If I know a company runs sweeps frequently, I do not block their feeds from my home page. That way when a new sweep starts I see it right away. I have only blocked/hid a handful of sponsors from my home page but that was because they were updating their statuses several times an hour. (I dont mind once a day or even two-three times a day but more than that can get annoying).
Thanks for your response. Can you explain further what you mean by feeds from the sweeps showing up on your Facebook home page? What does it say and how do I sign up for each sweepstakes "feed"?

THANK YOU!!

:kitty Please spay/neuter your pets! Let's put an end to millions of animals dying in shelters every year!

Old  June 19th, 2012, 11:04pm     #7
AngieE
Master Sweeper

card
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila10253 View Post
I found a large Best Buy gift card win in my other folder under messages about 3 months too late. They did not send me an email nor did they send the card because I never knew to go claim it.
So you never did get the Best Buy Card? I hope you did. I do check that "other folder" located under the messages on Facebook. But until someone told me about it 6 mo or so ago, I did not.

Thanks for your response.

Old  June 19th, 2012, 11:05pm     #8
AngieE
Master Sweeper

Good to know
Quote:
Originally Posted by margarita_mama View Post
This. I have always received an email.
And if they are not notifying winners "outside" of facebook's features, then they are in violation of facebook's regulations regarding sweepstakes/giveaways, and should be made aware of that.
Thank you!

Old  June 19th, 2012, 11:10pm     #9
Babygirl2
Senior Master Sweeper

Doesn't matter if you have their feeds show on your wall or not, FB just made some changes and the only feeds you will get are the ones you visit their wall often or make comments or like their posts. I have roughly 1000 pages I like...I know I don't see all of their posts b/c my fb is rather dead.

What I started doing is hover my mouse over their like button and created a new list that I can see. So I know to go back to check.

Sometimes it doesn't matter if you search for your name on FB b/c they don't always use the last name. Sometimes they say Beth from Montana.

Yes they may be in violation but if you miss their post and they don't message or email you...you don't ever know you were chosen and they probably picked another person.

FB is charging these companies now if they want all of their people that have liked them to see a post. I only found out b/c of one I do comment on or visit often shared this information with us and asked us to create a list.
  Old  June 20th, 2012, 10:02am     #10
LuckyatVMI
Junior Sweeper

You should definitely be receiving an email at the very least, if they didn't send you an email reach out and point them to this page section E: http://www.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php

On the same note, folks should be using an email they check, there was a person who won an ipad but didn't respond to an email so after allotted time, the prize was given away to someone else.
  Old  June 20th, 2012, 10:39am     #11
FaithHopeJoy
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila10253 View Post
I found a win in my "other" messages as well. Lucky for me it was in enough time to claim. I now check my "other" messages every day!
  Old  June 20th, 2012, 11:11am     #12
ppammela
Gone Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieE View Post
Thanks for your response. Can you explain further what you mean by feeds from the sweeps showing up on your Facebook home page? What does it say and how do I sign up for each sweepstakes "feed"?

THANK YOU!!
This is how it has worked for me;
When you like a company, you should start seeing their "feed' or status updates on your home page. (Not under your profile but the home page where you see everyone's status updates)

If you do not "like" the company then you wont see any updates from them, or if you have not visited their facebook page in a long time (usually more than a month is when I will start to notice updates "missing"... if you wish to continue getting updates, just simply like one of their posts on the page and you will see them in your feed again).
~~~~~~~
With the info babygirl has added, I will probably change the way I do it and try her suggestion.