Old  April 15th, 2012, 7:39pm     #31
fullhart
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babygirl2 View Post
My mom went through something similar, but it wasnt a win. It was a check from an attorney that was handling a case for her. She moved to Florida. So she contacted Fedex and gave them permission to let me pick it up, after she sent them the requested information.

So its possible if you have a family member or trustworthy friend, that you can have them pick it up for you. Then perhaps she could fax it to you if it has a deadline or fedex it to you.

Just another route incase.
jetstream wouldn't be getting anything from an attorney using DLBlair. I believe DLBlair handles contests only?

I mainly posted here so that I'd be updated when you post what you won. I hope it's something nice! Call the sponsor of the contest if they have a short deadline to get it extended.

Larry
  Old  April 15th, 2012, 7:57pm     #32
retellingstories
Senior Master Sweeper

Affys are like the golden egg of sweeping - for all that is HOLY - CALL DL BLAIR!!!!!

And then get back to this thread and tell me what awesome prize you won, I need to live vicariously through someone luckier than myself right now

Old  April 15th, 2012, 8:05pm     #33
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by retellingstories View Post
Affys are like the golden egg of sweeping - for all that is HOLY - CALL DL BLAIR!!!!!

And then get back to this thread and tell me what awesome prize you won, I need to live vicariously through someone luckier than myself right now
Guessing your UPS and Fed Ex trucks aren't working???

Yes!! Get back to us all as soon as you find out anything!!!

Time to win, win, win!!
  Old  April 15th, 2012, 8:51pm     #34
teddybear24910
Junior Sweeper

Talking
Hope it is a huge win. Good luck.
  Old  April 15th, 2012, 9:09pm     #35
lmaomostly
Master Sweeper

Wow, I'm nervous for you! Make sure you let us know what happens!

Good Luck OLS members!
  Old  April 15th, 2012, 9:17pm     #36
hollytree
Senior Sweeper

Wishing you a "great win".
  Old  April 15th, 2012, 9:55pm     #37
fat459cat
Senior Sweeper

Hope every thing works out for you. Wish DLBlair would call or email!
  Old  April 15th, 2012, 9:56pm     #38
hare2Win
Master Sweeper

I really think you are going to need a reference number when you call DL Blair so go ahead and get that from FedEX. Many times when you call a judging agency they have no clue who to put you through to if you don't know the name of the promotion or have a reference number since they have literally 1,000's of promotions.
On the other hand, if it were me I would demand to speak to a supervisor and ask that if you went to your local FedEx (the facility where you would pick up a package) and show them your id and something with your old address and new address, could they go ahead and forward it. Maybe if you go in person to your local distribution center and ask for a supervisor and explain what is going on and see if they can pull up the info and maybe call the sender's number or let you call them while standing there and get it all taken care of.
Where there is a will there's a way - good luck!!

“Luck is believing you're lucky.” - Tennessee Williams
  Old  April 15th, 2012, 9:59pm     #39
Babygirl2
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstream View Post
How would I approach it, since I was almost begging them to have my parents pick it up, and they said it has to be me, or someone that lives at my old address with a government issued ID with that address on it (I moved my entire family though)
I'm not sure..perhaps we just had nice Fedex workers. lol I had called them and I did have to go through numerous people in order for this to happen. they kept sending me to someone else.

I just explained to them that my mother had moved to FL and she is not able to pick it up her self. I asked if I could get her permission to pick it up. A few calls later and they finally said yes, she had to fax or emailed a copy of her Drivers License to them with a signature giving me permission to get it.

Perhaps if you get a decent person and maybe if you have something with that address on it? Im not sure.

Hopefully, DL Blair will be able to fix it for you.
  Old  April 15th, 2012, 10:03pm     #40
retellingstories
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomar97 View Post
Guessing your UPS and Fed Ex trucks aren't working???
Oh, Man, you know it!

Old  April 15th, 2012, 10:03pm     #41
Babygirl2
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullhart View Post
jetstream wouldn't be getting anything from an attorney using DLBlair. I believe DLBlair handles contests only?

I mainly posted here so that I'd be updated when you post what you won. I hope it's something nice! Call the sponsor of the contest if they have a short deadline to get it extended.
I meant my mom got a Fedex package that needed a signature by her to be released, it wasnt from DL Blair but rather an attorney that was sending a check to her. A good value check, so we knew it was an important package.

so I was just saying our situation was similar.
  Old  April 15th, 2012, 10:18pm     #42
jetstream
Junior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hare2Win View Post
I really think you are going to need a reference number when you call DL Blair so go ahead and get that from FedEX. Many times when you call a judging agency they have no clue who to put you through to if you don't know the name of the promotion or have a reference number since they have literally 1,000's of promotions.
On the other hand, if it were me I would demand to speak to a supervisor and ask that if you went to your local FedEx (the facility where you would pick up a package) and show them your id and something with your old address and new address, could they go ahead and forward it. Maybe if you go in person to your local distribution center and ask for a supervisor and explain what is going on and see if they can pull up the info and maybe call the sender's number or let you call them while standing there and get it all taken care of.
Where there is a will there's a way - good luck!!
They were hesistant about giving me information, the lady pretty much said all she could give me was that it was from DL Blair, and it came from Blair, NE, and she gave me the tracking #

She wouldn't release anything else, only allow me to submit a "request" to have them hold it longer so I can try and figure all this out, you guys are making me so excited, I want to take a flight to be there tomorrow morning to pick it up myself! LOL
  Old  April 15th, 2012, 10:22pm     #43
Babygirl2
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstream View Post
They were hesistant about giving me information, the lady pretty much said all she could give me was that it was from DL Blair, and it came from Blair, NE, and she gave me the tracking #

She wouldn't release anything else, only allow me to submit a "request" to have them hold it longer so I can try and figure all this out, you guys are making me so excited, I want to take a flight to be there tomorrow morning to pick it up myself! LOL
lol If you try to track it, does it show a reference number or anything online? Been so long since Fedex stopped i forgot how that works. lol

I hope it all works out for you.
  Old  April 15th, 2012, 10:27pm     #44
jetstream
Junior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babygirl2 View Post
lol If you try to track it, does it show a reference number or anything online? Been so long since Fedex stopped i forgot how that works. lol

I hope it all works out for you.

Thank you for that, I did find a reference number using the tracking number!
  Old  April 15th, 2012, 10:54pm     #45
jgates8
Senior Sweeper

With those numbers DLBlair should at least be able to work backwards to get you to the right person!

6/07? - $500 Airfare Cert. 2/08 - ESPN/Dick's Disney Sweeps, 8/08 - visitflorida Florida trip, 11/08 - Garmin Bike GPS, 3/09 - Allure bag w/Aveeno Products, 3/09 - Advil product, 5/09 - Tylenol Backpack, 7/09-$200 Pamida Gift Card, 08/09-Beautifix Gift Box, 10/10-$250 Kelloggs, 9/11-OldWisc Packer win - 2 Club Tix/merch. 5/12-AC Trip & Macys/HD GCs, 8/12-2012 Harley Trike.