Old  April 10th, 2012, 10:46am     #1
bigskwinner
Grand Master Sweeper

those daily ones, do you enter every single day
I've been doing so many blog sweeps now (mostly rafflecopter) and my reg www web sites, that I figure I'm better off just getting in as many one time entries into the ones I want, then to tweet or vote every day

today I am skipping the blog stuff I have saved to roboform and going to just do the reg www web sites, BUT, I am going to add more blog stuff, as I am really trying to catch up on the newsltter stuff LOL

I used to freak a bit when I didn't do the daily stuff every single day, but after this many years and still winning here and there, I figure getting at least one entry into the draw is better then zero entries in (When I won the iMAC computer it was instore, one entry)

my wins

you JELLY?
  Old  April 10th, 2012, 10:58am     #2
SweepstakesNewb
Junior Sweeper

No, I just do the dailies 1 time, unless it's something I really want, then I bookmark it. I do the single's and blogs mostly. I just started *seriously* sweeping and I've won 3 things in 2 wks by doing it, so I'm sticking to it even though they're small wins.

May the odds be ever in your favor
  Old  April 10th, 2012, 12:38pm     #3
Schmoolander
Master Sweeper

I do my dailies almost every day. Sometimes I skip. However, I only choose the dailies that are for things I really want. There are too many dailies for small prizes I don't care about.

If I have to pick and choose because of time, I do the 1x, the instants, and skim through my dailies for important ones I really want.

Total win count for 2014: 26
Previous Years - 2013 : 79, 2012 : 142, 2011 : 205
  Old  April 10th, 2012, 12:49pm     #4
dondevinesr
Master Sweeper

yes
  Old  April 10th, 2012, 12:57pm     #5
ppammela
Gone Camping

I enter all of my daily ones every single day, it is rare I miss a day. (I do not twitter and I almost never enter blog ones)

If for some reason I am limited on time, I will start with the ones ending the furthest away (like Jan) and work my way to the current month. Since I bookmark my sweeps by expiring month I also have my weekly ones saved along with my dailies, so I enter those pretty faithfully as well. (if it is a 1x per week on a monday, then when I am doing my dailies, I enter that one, rest of the week I just skip over it).

I do my 1x time only last when I am looking for new sweeps, which I try to do daily....if I miss a day, I almost always check back the next day and enter them.

I win pretty regularly (couple times a month). No HOF yet though.. came close once (AVR over 2,000). No trip wins yet either but I dont enter a lot of them anyways (only enter ones that are either all included (meals, plane tickets etc) or include spending money). I did win two trips my first month of sweeping but was new to sweeping and hadn't paid attention to details (a big sweeping no-no). Both trips were ones you had take within the next 30 days and there was no way we could do it and had to turn both of them down. Dh said I jinxed myself and that is why I have not won a trip win since lol.
  Old  April 10th, 2012, 12:57pm     #6
JenniferPaige
Master Sweeper

I always tell myself I'm going to, but I never do.

My Wins
  Old  April 10th, 2012, 11:57pm     #7
bigskwinner
Grand Master Sweeper

I've only had one win this month so I'm wondering if I should pick up the pace, get up an hr earlier and enter everything every single day
for us, we use everything and if I limited myself to only things I really really want, then I'd prob spend 5 min and be done for the day LOL
but for us, paypal (esp the blogs with $800 worth of pp) amazon, walmart, target gift cards, books, dvds, trips, clothes, beds, appliances, etc, are all thing I enjoy receiving, esp as they are totally free

I'm only waiting on two things to arrive now, ones a walmart giftcard from a blog and the other is a build a bear workshop gc

both will be nice to have

my wins

you JELLY?
  Old  April 11th, 2012, 1:14am     #8
ppammela
Gone Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskwinner View Post
I've only had one win this month so I'm wondering if I should pick up the pace, get up an hr earlier and enter everything every single day
for us, we use everything and if I limited myself to only things I really really want, then I'd prob spend 5 min and be done for the day LOL
but for us, paypal (esp the blogs with $800 worth of pp) amazon, walmart, target gift cards, books, dvds, trips, clothes, beds, appliances, etc, are all thing I enjoy receiving, esp as they are totally free

I'm only waiting on two things to arrive now, ones a walmart giftcard from a blog and the other is a build a bear workshop gc

both will be nice to have
For dailies, especially those that run more than two weeks or a month, I would definitely try to get more than just one entry in.

I suppose it would be easier if OLS allowed members to organize their "my sweeps" to their own personal preferences and/or notes. Otherwise they still have to find a way to remember which ones those are and page through all the saved sweeps to find them.

We are the same way with prizes, it is extremely rare I win something that can not be used. I actually just won a cherry red electric guitar, and was thinking crap... who is going to actually use this??? Was telling my future son-in-law about it and he informed me that one of his bandmates was looking for a new one. We got together and I showed him which one it was and he offered me just over half the FMV for it (AVR is listed kind of high compared to what you can find them retail). Great deal for us, he gets a new guitar for just over half of what he would of had to pay for it and we make a profit after taxes lol.
  Old  April 11th, 2012, 1:49am     #9
bigskwinner
Grand Master Sweeper

Well I list my dailies in my roboform with the day it expires
so I know how long it has to go before it done (I save both the blogs and the normal stuff to roboform)

I just figured maybe its better to have one entry into 5000 draws, then to have 5000 draws into only one contest

still not too sure what I want to do, and with summer coming up, I'll def hve less time to spend on what to enter or to search for

my wins

you JELLY?
  Old  April 11th, 2012, 9:44am     #10
ppammela
Gone Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskwinner View Post
Well I list my dailies in my roboform with the day it expires
so I know how long it has to go before it done (I save both the blogs and the normal stuff to roboform)

I just figured maybe its better to have one entry into 5000 draws, then to have 5000 draws into only one contest

still not too sure what I want to do, and with summer coming up, I'll def hve less time to spend on what to enter or to search for
Yeah same here, and of course thats when there are usually some really good sweeps lol (summer and Christmas).

Kind of why I dont enter a lot of blogs or twitter (besides the no regulation thing). Right now I can kick out my dailies (which include facebook ones) and look for new 1x time only, in about an hour to an hour and a half. If I add blogs and twitter, it would probably take me at least two hours, probably more. I have noticed with rafflecopter, it does take less time to enter than before but then you usually end up with a zillion likes you need to later weed through and get rid of, or sit and block their feed. Which adds more even more time to sweeping and next thing I know I am spending 4-5 hours doing it lol.

Decisions, decisions, decisions lol.
  Old  April 11th, 2012, 9:54am     #11
twoundertwo
Senior Sweeper

I only do dailies once, unless it's something I really want, then I'll do it a few times, but never every single day. No time for that! LOL! I'm not a big winner every month, but I have my fair share of bigger prizes, so I'm not complaining...

Good Luck everyone and HAPPY SWEEPING no matter how many times you enter!

A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan
  Old  April 11th, 2012, 9:56am     #12
cyt
Senior Master Sweeper

I save the really good ones to My Sweeps but then I procrastinate and don't enter them every day. I used to but found I win just as much by not doing them every day. I'm bad about saving them and never looking at them again! I need to declutter!

Click here to check out my eBay listings http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcyt51!
  Old  April 11th, 2012, 10:13am     #13
russstrikesagain
Master Sweeper

I probably get all my dailies done 2 or 3 times a week or so, but I at least get any daily expiring in the next two or three weeks every day. It just depends on how much time I have.
  Old  April 11th, 2012, 10:15am     #14
carcon
Senior Master Sweeper

I do them every day but still most of my wins come from instants, although a couple of big wins came from dailies.

You've to to prime the pump, you've got to have faith and believe
You've got to give of yourself before your worthy to receive!
  Old  April 11th, 2012, 10:18am     #15
ResourcePress
Grand Master Sweeper

Most of them, but not the creative presentations.

Wishing & hoping & thinking & praying, planning & dreaming... and entering!