Old  March 24th, 2012, 10:42pm     #1
laura264
Master Sweeper

finding sweeps on Facebook
How do you find sweeps on Facebook? I've liked over 500 companies and I use the promotions and sweeps apps, plus of course, what I find on here. Other than that. Do you have a technique for finding your own sweeps on Facebook? If so, share, I won't tell anyone. lol
  Old  March 24th, 2012, 10:50pm     #2
cyt
Senior Master Sweeper

Sometimes I see in my newsfeed where a page I have liked in the past is having a new sweeps. You can also see what your sweeping friends post on their wall too, Good luck!

Click here to check out my eBay listings http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcyt51!
  Old  March 24th, 2012, 10:54pm     #3
gr8tjoy
Master Sweeper

You can use this link as a jumping off point. You can then choose a link for what you're looking for or when it ends...kind of like OLS. HTH, good luck!

https://apps.facebook.com/sweepstakeshq/?ref=ts

Do what is right, love kindness, and walk humbly...
  Old  March 24th, 2012, 10:54pm     #4
RockysJewel
Grand Master Sweeper

Go to the home page and look on the left. You see the word promotions and or sweepstakes. Click it and the will all show up. You can sort by ending or new

See if this works
https://apps.facebook.com/promotions...s&fb_bmpos=1_2

I am not Rocky . I am ~JEWEL~
  Old  April 1st, 2012, 6:52pm     #5
ppammela
Gone Camping

I have a couple of suggestions for those using the links provided. (Sweepstakes are generally just entry forms, contests are usually ones that require you to upload a photo, video, essay etc, as well as voting sweeps)

1st; make sure you "right click" and open in a new tab on the sweeps you want to enter, otherwise you will lose your place on the promotion page.

2nd; when you do open in a new tab, it opens right to the entry form. Always click on "details" before entering and make sure you are eligible (age, country, state).

3rd, make sure you read the rules, there are a lot of facebook sweeps that require you to "like" the company, and some do not include that option on the entry form, so that means you need to look up the company manually on facebook and "like" them in order for your entry to count. Also, while the majority of facebook sweeps are 1x only, there are many that are not. Instant win ones are more obvious, but occasionally you will find "generic" entry forms that are daily entries, so make sure you read the rules.

4th, most facebook sweeps do not require you to share them on your wall, nor invite friends. This also goes with reading the rules so you know if it is required. If it is not, you have a couple of options; uncheck "share" under the submit button, or if you forget, simply close out the share box that pops up after you submit. Once the entry goes through, you usually do not need to invite or share with friends either (but make sure you read the rules so you know for sure). If you wish to post the sweep on your wall, or it is required for the sweep, you can create custom "lists" of people you want to be able to view it (other sweepers, certain family or friends).
  Old  May 24th, 2012, 5:24pm     #6
Larry_RewardIt
Junior Sweeper

Using Twitter also seems like a very popular spot for sweepstakes and giveaways! Maybe try over there also. It has definitely gotten more user friendly than Facebook
  Old  May 24th, 2012, 5:28pm     #7
RockysJewel
Grand Master Sweeper

There are some but that has dropped off a lot. Also it is harder because there are no rules and anyone can hold them, change their minds, and many people having giveaways there cheat. Like have a MAC Air and say follwo and RT then chose a bogus person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry_RewardIt View Post
Using Twitter also seems like a very popular spot for sweepstakes and giveaways! Maybe try over there also. It has definitely gotten more user friendly than Facebook

I am not Rocky . I am ~JEWEL~
  Old  June 24th, 2012, 9:17am     #8
n8sense
Sweeper

I have a great way to find sweeps on Facebook. I have lots of sweeper friends on Facebook from this website and then I continued adding more by who Facebook told me I had mutual friends with and if I have 20 mutual friends or more, I know thats a sweeper and I add them to my friends. Now what I do is when I've run out of sweeps to enter I go and peruse their pages. The new Timeline is soo much better for this. I go to their Timeline and click on their "Likes" button at the top next to "Photos" and such and then it will take me to a list of every page they liked and it goes by date. Usually only the last 7-14 days worth will still have active sweeps. From there I just click each page they liked and look for the sweep and enter it. I usually go through about 5-6 friends likes before they are all duplicates. I try to find the ones with 3000+ likes because they normally enter more often. Hope it helps! I find tons of great sweeps this way.

Plus your friend newsfeeds but I've found the aforementioned tactic to be much more efficient and it's exciting finding those sweeps!
  Old  June 24th, 2012, 9:36am     #9
nursepam
Senior Sweeper

http://promoshq.wildfireapp.com/webs...ts/marketplace This is what I use and you can sort by ending soonest,etc.
  Old  June 24th, 2012, 9:57am     #10
n8sense
Sweeper

I like that too. My favorites are the Woobox sweeps and some kind heart on Facebook had a great list of Woobox sweeps not too long ago. I wish those were listed separately like the promotions you linked to.

One thing you should know about going through your friends likes is that not every page is going to have a sweep and some have sweeps you've already entered of course. Usually the blogs don't have sweeps on their Facebook page. When you are looking at the likes it will tell you below the thumbnail if it's a company or a personal website. I usually skip the personal websites and I also skip the ones I already like unless I know I have not entered a recent sweep from them lately then I will check and see if they have a new one.
  Old  June 24th, 2012, 10:01am     #11
n8sense
Sweeper

So I guess to sum it up is to say I go to all the pages my friends have liked that I don't already like and I look for a sweep. Now when you get to the companies Facebook page you may not see the sweep right away. Where they have the thumbnails for "Pictures" "Likes" etc sometimes there is a drop down box with a number in it and you may have to click on that to show the rest of the thumbnails and find the sweep. Also not all sweeps say sweeps. So if I suspect there is a sweep on that page but it does not look like it due to the titles of the thumbnails I will click on anyone that is not obvious what it is because sometimes it is a sweep. It may say something like Fruitful Summer and be a sweep. Hope all that makes sense.