Old  March 5th, 2012, 9:28am     #1
pepegoldie
Sweeper

Question new here, not new to online sweeps
I'm a newbie since cashnetsweeps seems to have ended. I was curious about premium membership. Is it really worth the money to get access to rarer sweeps? I've never had to pay for online sweeps before. Also, is having a premium membership the only way to leave yourself notes on a sweep? thanks!
  Old  March 5th, 2012, 9:38am     #2
margarita_mama
Grand Master Sweeper

Welcome from a fellow Okie!
Premium membership info can be found here:

http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com...q_premium_what

With or without the membership, you will still have to be persistant/dedicated to making the effort. Just having the membership alone will not increase your wins.
The main feature of the premium membership is being able to organize better, but you may be able to or already have come up with a good organization system.
I store everything, as well as notes in my roboform program, and I use that to keep all of my various entering methods organized with my own system.
As of right now, there is no feature within the OLS website to keep your own notes.
Good luck!

My Motherload of Wins
  Old  March 5th, 2012, 9:46am     #3
TawnyNY
Senior Master Sweeper

What happened to cashnetsweeps? I started with them but then came over here because I like the format better. I am a paid member and I have won tons from here.
  Old  March 5th, 2012, 10:28am     #4
xscapes
Master Sweeper

Definitely worth the $30.

Even when it's a PITA, still worth it.

Won more than I can remember...

My FSOT List

"The thing that a lot of people cannot comprehend is that Mother Nature doesn't have a bullet with your name on it,
she has millions of bullets inscribed with 'to whom it may concern.'"
  Old  March 5th, 2012, 11:05am     #5
DWils29
Master Sweeper

Definitely worth the $30

Old  March 5th, 2012, 11:08am     #6
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

Hi and welcome to OLS! I didn't know that cashnetsweeps was no more. I used to go there along with some other sweeps sites before I found OLS. That was years ago and OLS is the only site that I have used for a long time.

You can try the 3 month premium plan for $12 and see how you like it. Good luck!

Our task must be to free ourselves...by widening our circle of compassion
to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.

Albert Einstein
  Old  March 5th, 2012, 11:12am     #7
GracieCat
Master Sweeper

It's worth the $30 for now. But the site owner, Brent, is hardly ever here to address problems, and they don't have enough people to validate and correct all the sweeps after they're entered.

What is worth it is that a premium membership will give you access to all the sweeps and you can track what you enter and when. That'll keep you from disqualifying yourself for entering something twice. Although some people are having trouble with that as seen in this post. http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com....php?t=1033707

Also, the "Major OLS update" posted on the home page isn't going to happen. It's been there for many years. Don't want you to be misled there.

Oh, one more thing, the premium membership doesn't give you access to rare sweeps. They're the same general sweeps you've been entering over the years and that you can find on other sites. We're more paying for the organization, and validation of the sweeps. I like the organization, and the validation is good, but I'm noticing it's starting to go down hill.

There's my honest opinion.
  Old  March 5th, 2012, 11:37am     #8
pepegoldie
Sweeper

TawnyNY....cashnetsweeps doens't have new sweeps anymore & appears to be on its way out. I really liked it & haven't found one I like as much. Xscapes, what is PITA? Graciecat I hope it's not on its way downhill. I did submit for a 6 month premium to see how I like it. The info on the site about the premium say that approx 30% of the sweeps are set aside for premium. We'll see how goes, thanks all!
  Old  March 5th, 2012, 11:41am     #9
GracieCat
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepegoldie View Post
TawnyNY....cashnetsweeps doens't have new sweeps anymore & appears to be on its way out. I really liked it & haven't found one I like as much. Xscapes, what is PITA? Graciecat I hope it's not on its way downhill. I did submit for a 6 month premium to see how I like it. The info on the site about the premium say that approx 30% of the sweeps are set aside for premium. We'll see how goes, thanks all!
I don't think OLS is on it's way out. It's just that the all the sweeps aren't being validated like they use to be, and some other problems are not being addressed.

Have fun and good luck on winning!
  Old  March 5th, 2012, 3:13pm     #10
pepegoldie
Sweeper

Question
glad to be here. Wish we could keep notes on the sweeps, and I also don't know how to add a little picture to my profile. Help? thanks!
  Old  March 5th, 2012, 3:25pm     #11
brightstarr
Master Sweeper

Welcome to the OLS! I want to say that I would be lost without being green. I do think the OLS is the best sweeps website anywhere. You can find the sweeps on the net, but for a few pennies a day, the work is done for you, so it gives you lots more free time to enter and win. Good luck.
  Old  March 5th, 2012, 3:35pm     #12
vetstadium
Master Sweeper

I can not complain about being green.
Before I came here I tested out several other sites and found this very easy to navigate and a lot of friednly and helpful fellow sweepers. I guess you could search the web on your own and find them yourself.............too much work for me. I do have one gripe though supposedly like someone mentioned earlier major update was supposed to happen. I even received a PM from Brent when that sweeping show came on tv and he told me he was going to be working on it. Well of course that never happened. I def enjoy being green but feel like the site isn't trying to grow or do anything new. In today's age it's all about innovation and you'd think this site would make sure it stays on top. By not trying to improve upon it it may become a little stale and leave the oppurtunity for another site to come along.
With that all being said still it's well worth being green, I have 2 Hall of Fame trips due to it.

2 HOF trips! Thanks to OLS. St. Lucia and Paris!
MY ONLINE WINS SINCE 2007
RADIO WINS
  Old  March 5th, 2012, 4:04pm     #13
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepegoldie View Post
glad to be here. Wish we could keep notes on the sweeps, and I also don't know how to add a little picture to my profile. Help? thanks!
To add a picture under your user name, click on User CP at the top of the page, then click on Edit Avatar (under Settings & Options). There are lots of standard avatars to choose from or you can use a custom avatar. I'm not sure if there are still any rules that say you have to have so many posts or have been here a certain time before you can post a custom avatar or not. The rules I remember from long ago stated that you have to have been here 30 days and have 300 posts for a custom avatar, but that Premium members can have one right away.

Our task must be to free ourselves...by widening our circle of compassion
to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.

Albert Einstein
  Old  March 5th, 2012, 4:13pm     #14
CavinsMommy
Senior Sweeper

Why do you win more if you have a premium membership? I don't get that part?

Positive thinking is expecting, talking and visualizing with certainty what you want to achieve, as an accomplished fact.
“Winners have simply formed the habit of doing things losers don't like to do”
http://abeautifulmiracleboutique.blogspot.com/
  Old  March 5th, 2012, 4:46pm     #15
caseycupcake
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavinsMommy View Post
Why do you win more if you have a premium membership? I don't get that part?
It's a matter of volume.
More sweeps to choose from = more potential entries = more wins (hopefully)