Old  January 31st, 2012, 10:23pm     #1
TALLROB
Sweeper

Redemption Center
A week ago today i found out i had win a trip trough McDondalds to attend a Flavor Battle in Miami FL. A three day two night trip. Leaving on 02/08/2012. Have not had much contact with the Redemtion Center. They are not good at returning phone calls, or keeping me informed since we would have to leave in a week. I sent an email, checking to see if every thing is ok? Got a response back saying the check will be mailed in 2 to 3 weeks. Just sent a response asking what they meant by a check. Just seems kind of odd. I won two trips last year, and didn't have have this kind of service!!!
  Old  January 31st, 2012, 10:37pm     #2
margarita_mama
Grand Master Sweeper

Was the sweep listed here? Where did you see the sweep listed or hear about the sweep? Without more details, sorry, I have no advice.
"Redemption Center" does sound a bit odd. Sounds like one of those companies that provide "incentives". I've heard of companies providing their employees "incentives"...usually for being the highest in the sales area or some such "goal" the company is trying to achieve,
Those "incentive" sweeps usually may cost some $, booking fees and such, but other than that, I don't know much about them.

My Motherload of Wins
  Old  January 31st, 2012, 10:45pm     #3
TALLROB
Sweeper

Redemption Center
It was through McDonald's website. It was a legit contest. You had to pick a dj for each region. West coast central, east coast region. I had to send all kinds of forms, and they had to be notorized. I've read some prior postings about the Redemtion Center, most positive.
  Old  January 31st, 2012, 10:49pm     #4
suzieque810
Senior Master Sweeper

Is it possible they are sending a cash alternative (thus the wording of sending a check) because they realize they can't pull the trip together on such short notice??

My 2009 Wins
  Old  January 31st, 2012, 10:54pm     #5
margarita_mama
Grand Master Sweeper

OK..did some googling.
http://agenda.complex.com/flavorbattle/official-rules
Are you sure you won the trip? I mean, I have seen people get affies and be so excited they don't comprehend what they won?
There were 3 first prizes of a $500 check. Perhaps that is what they are referring to? Or...in their response, they may have been mistaken on which prize you won.
IDK, but you might want to re-check your paperwork, verify what prize you won, and then make contact with the person who sent the paperwork for further inquiries.
Good luck!

My Motherload of Wins
  Old  January 31st, 2012, 11:06pm     #6
margarita_mama
Grand Master Sweeper

Just wanted to add that if you did indeed win the trip, since it is for specific dates and events, they can send your airline/hotel info via email (airline tickets can be e-ticketed, hotel..they can just send you a confirmatioin # that you give when you check in). They could very well have the event tickets waiting for you at check-in.
The spending $, they can Fed-ex overnight to you the day before you leave.
I say this because I won a short notice trip a few years back and all my info was sent the day before I left.

My Motherload of Wins
  Old  January 31st, 2012, 11:18pm     #7
TALLROB
Sweeper

Redemption Center
My wife had to fill out form for a guest attending with me, plus fill out a W9 form. I had won two trips last year, one on a two week notice, and the second, one week notice. Just the way they do business is confusing, never felt like i was in the dark before?
  Old  January 31st, 2012, 11:38pm     #8
bamiamtou
Senior Sweeper

I remember entering that contest ...the redemption center is the company sending you the prize you won, a fulfillment house. I would find out through McDonalds marketing department who they are and tell them you need to get the info if it's on 2/8

Old  February 1st, 2012, 12:33am     #9
HEATHERM
Senior Sweeper

hmmm let us know how it turns out....good luck
  Old  February 1st, 2012, 12:43am     #10
jgates8
Senior Sweeper

Sometimes you have to battle! The fulfillment company for our Disney/ESPN trip booked us in an off-site hotel for 3 nites (although it was in downtown Dis vicinity & was a nice facility). I said the contest I entered was for on-site for 4 nites. They said no, there were many contests, etc. Well about a week before the trip, Disney's rep themselves called wondering if we wanted to rebook our flights (at their expense) because basically the fulfillment company tried to short change everyone. They were trying to figure out why none of the 5 sets of winners was able to make it to the DJ show - it was because the company had shorted everyone on the days. They rebooked everyone at the Beach Club (definiely onsite & definitely higher end than the other hotel) & again offered to rebook all flights so we could have an extra day. I had paid myself for my daughter (she wasn't 18 so wasn't eligible for a flight) & I couldn't afford her flight replacment, so we went with one less day.

Anyways - enough rambling - but what I'm trying to say is BE PERSISTENT.

6/07? - $500 Airfare Cert. 2/08 - ESPN/Dick's Disney Sweeps, 8/08 - visitflorida Florida trip, 11/08 - Garmin Bike GPS, 3/09 - Allure bag w/Aveeno Products, 3/09 - Advil product, 5/09 - Tylenol Backpack, 7/09-$200 Pamida Gift Card, 08/09-Beautifix Gift Box, 10/10-$250 Kelloggs, 9/11-OldWisc Packer win - 2 Club Tix/merch. 5/12-AC Trip & Macys/HD GCs, 8/12-2012 Harley Trike.
  Old  February 1st, 2012, 7:30pm     #11
TALLROB
Sweeper

Redemption Center
I got an e-mail this morning from the Redemption Center, stating there was confusion on there part. They said they had another winner in Canada with the same name. And i would be getting a phone call from a company called Complex.
  Old  February 1st, 2012, 8:03pm     #12
tarah86
Senior Sweeper

I hope the money is your actual win ... like an alternative to the original prize.

My 2014 Wins
  Old  February 1st, 2012, 8:58pm     #13
jas11563
Master Sweeper

I had some interaction with McDonalds "Redemption Center".
It consisted of me trying to contact them and them ignoring me.
I even called McDonalds Corporate trying to get a contact and they advised me to be "careful" as it sounded fishy! It was their OWN agency.

I didn't like the way the email came, the lack of contact and just the general attitude.
I didn't even know what I had won until it was delivered.

Due to this, I really hesitated entering this year's contest, and if pressed for time, skipped right over it.

Good Luck with the trip, it is being cut very close, unnecessarily.
  Old  February 1st, 2012, 11:23pm     #14
TALLROB
Sweeper

Redemption Center
I talked to someone from a company called the Complex. They are the people will be in contact from now on. They stated they would be contacting me tomorrow with more info on the trip. They will be sending me info via Fedex or UPS saturday or monday. Theay are cutting it very close. I won two trips since august, the last being in october with only a week's notice. And i was in constent contact with them. We shall find out more tomorrow!