Old  January 3rd, 2012, 4:05pm     #61
daskds
Grand Master Sweeper

Sorry all... my decoration allotment is over until next Christmas. That was too big of a job to even think about redoing!

Vickie - big boy clothes - that made me laugh... but Gayle 'big girl panties' made me spew my drink! You need to come stay with us! The high today is low 60s. And we think we are freezing!
That is too cool about the blue bird! What a great picture of him! Wonder if he really wanted back outside in the cold??
On the putting something in a spot - Keith did that last weekend. When Niki's TV died and we got back from Fry's he threw his keys up on a shelf in the bar. He NEVER puts them there. And something fell over and covered them up. He looked for 2 days before he told me. Geez.... Took me about 20 minutes to find them! He said he remembers putting them up there to get out of the holiday wrapping, presents, boxes etc.

Donna - How cool! Sounds like some great stuff! Is that a tablet like the iPad or Kindle Fire? Enjoy it! One of these days I may be able to post in the GP threads...

Happy Tuesday all!

"..it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
  Old  January 4th, 2012, 1:34am     #62
KathBrat
Senior Master Sweeper

WOW Time is flying by so quick. Had to work extra shift for someone who called in sick, so my New Year has started out busy busy.

Here is a link to a very special New Year Wish - my mom sent it to me and I wanted to share with all of you. Guaranteed to bring a smile to your face.

http://www.icq.com/img/friendship/st...d_16961_rs.swf
  Old  January 4th, 2012, 6:13am     #63
rangerxenos
Grand Master Sweeper

Good Morning! I did not want to get out of bed this morning, it's in the single digits here, Brrrrr!

We've got one more day of cold, then it's going to get up in the 40s at the end of the week, thank god.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
  Old  January 4th, 2012, 6:55am     #64
KathBrat
Senior Master Sweeper

Talked to my mom on the phone early this morning
(like between 1am-4am, we are both night owls lol)

I am excited to announce I am going to be a GREAT Auntie, again for the sixth time, around the beginning of July!

My oldest niece will be 37 and my youngest niece will be 13 this year. (6 total)
My oldest Great Niece will be 18 and my youngest great niece turned 11 in December.
(4 nieces and one great nephew)

I really did not think there would be any more children from my Nieces, and that it would be several more years for my Greats to have any kids.

It is my brother's youngest Jackie, who just turned 32 on 1/2/12 that is pregnant.
Her only child right now is Amber the one that just turned 11, so there will be a Big Age gap in their family. They weren't really trying, but it also wasn't a "surprise".

Too early to know the sex. But I will be making a baby afghan for sure.

So is it Veronica or Tara that have the same due date?
  Old  January 4th, 2012, 7:48am     #65
rangerxenos
Grand Master Sweeper

Congrats on being an Auntie again, Kath!
  Old  January 4th, 2012, 7:50am     #66
rangerxenos
Grand Master Sweeper

Veronica, thanks so much for the birthday card and the movie passes and drink coupons! Woo Hoo! Now I can go to two movies for free, as D'Andra sent me two passes before Christmas! As it's now over ten bucks to buy a movie ticket, these are great!

Thanks so much for your note too; don't worry that you're late. We haven't even celebrated my birthday yet, the party is Saturday night, so your wishes are right on time!
  Old  January 4th, 2012, 8:29am     #67
ariyana9501
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerxenos View Post
Veronica, thanks so much for the birthday card and the movie passes and drink coupons! Woo Hoo! Now I can go to two movies for free, as D'Andra sent me two passes before Christmas! As it's now over ten bucks to buy a movie ticket, these are great!

Thanks so much for your note too; don't worry that you're late. We haven't even celebrated my birthday yet, the party is Saturday night, so your wishes are right on time!
Glad you got them and can use them.......I was hoping to get them sooner, and then I couldn't believe I forgot postage!!!!!!

Time stands still.....
  Old  January 4th, 2012, 8:30am     #68
ariyana9501
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathBrat View Post
Talked to my mom on the phone early this morning
(like between 1am-4am, we are both night owls lol)

I am excited to announce I am going to be a GREAT Auntie, again for the sixth time, around the beginning of July!

My oldest niece will be 37 and my youngest niece will be 13 this year. (6 total)
My oldest Great Niece will be 18 and my youngest great niece turned 11 in December.
(4 nieces and one great nephew)

I really did not think there would be any more children from my Nieces, and that it would be several more years for my Greats to have any kids.

It is my brother's youngest Jackie, who just turned 32 on 1/2/12 that is pregnant.
Her only child right now is Amber the one that just turned 11, so there will be a Big Age gap in their family. They weren't really trying, but it also wasn't a "surprise".

Too early to know the sex. But I will be making a baby afghan for sure.

Congrats!!!!!! And Tara, for sure!!!!!!!

Time stands still.....
  Old  January 4th, 2012, 9:44am     #69
rangerxenos
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariyana9501 View Post
Congrats!!!!!! And Tara, for sure!!!!!!!
I think it's Veronica.
  Old  January 4th, 2012, 11:01am     #70
KathBrat
Senior Master Sweeper

Here's a GREAT Freebie that was just posted on Raining Hot Coupons

I ordered and Adorable Card to congratulate my niece on the pregnancy - and the card and shipping all free

Woohoo! There is a new coupon code to get a FREE Personalized card and FREE shipping from Cardstore.com. Just use the code CSTHANKS112 at checkout.
  Old  January 4th, 2012, 11:12am     #71
KathBrat
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCliffy View Post
I can finally annouce my GP win!

It came today UPS!

I was one of the GP winners in the Carl Budding back to school sweepstakes.
I was notified in early Oct.
I was told to give it at least 4-8 weeks after the sweepstakes ended. (Oct. 31st)
This is the eighth week.

I won a $1000.oo check
a motorala zoom tablet
a digital camera,
and a backpack full of school supplies.

GOOD LUCK!

AWESOME Win - CASH is KING!!! and some Excellent extras as well

Richard's prize from HP arrived yesterday - and we now have an HP Touchpad - Which I an snagging during the night when it's slow at work so I can squeeze in a few sweeps.

I LOVE this hobby and I LOVE having FRIENDS to share the experiences with!
  Old  January 4th, 2012, 11:36am     #72
Adrianita
Senior Master Sweeper

Hi all !

Well I'm back in the US. Thank you for your words, my grandma is still not doing well, but she is still hanging on. Time will tell. - already miss everything and everybody there!

lol - the New Year's traditions are something I really enjoy.

As far as I know:
- wearing red undies is to attract love for the new year
- wearing yellow undies is to attract money
- 12 grapes, you are supposed to eat 1 with every bell toll from the clock when it strikes midnight, making a wish with each grape
- the suitcase, running outside carrying a suitcase will bring trips/travel for the next year

and these are just some of the ones I know... it's fun

It's COLD in NY that's for sure, but I think Dawn has me beat!

D'Andra - did they catch the guy yet? Agreed. Very scary.

Jennifer - your kids are so cute!

Gayle the bird is pretty.

Donna congrats what a great win! I haven't swept/sweeped? lol in so long... I need to get back in the groove.

Congrats Kath on being an aunt again!

and I'm with Rich on that one ~ I want to stay in my PJs and stay home.

I go back to work tomorrow. Right now I'm doing laundry and cleaning.

Thank you Vickie and Rich for the Christmas card! I just found it on a pile of mail... I still need to go pickup my mail from the past 2 weeks!

I hope to start mailing things by next week.

Hope everyone has a great week!
  Old  January 4th, 2012, 11:44am     #73
DCliffy
Master Sweeper

Thanks everybody on the CONGRATS!

and CONGRATS to you too Kathleen on being an aunt again,
and your win!

I too love this hobby and the friends I've made from it.

D'Andra-I think the motorola zoom is kind of like an I-pad.

Veronica-I have the Michigan mini-convention info. The date is Sat. April 14th. I will copy the forms and send them to you. For anybody else interested this is a scaled down version of the
National Convention they have every year. It's in the Detroit area, and not very expensive.
If anybody else think they can make it, let me know, and I will send you the forms. The theme this year is Las Vegas.

Is anybody here planning to go to the National Convention in Atlanta in August?

GOOD LUCK!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...iry100x100.gif
  Old  January 4th, 2012, 11:47am     #74
jennfl30
Master Sweeper

Quote:

It came today UPS!

I was told to give it at least 4-8 weeks after the sweepstakes ended. (Oct. 31st)
This is the eighth week.

I won a $1000.oo check
a motorala zoom tablet
a digital camera,

GOOD LUCK!
Whoo hoo! Congrats! What a GREAT win!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football51 View Post
wow, 53 would be a heat wave!! it's still only 22 degrees...oh how I long for a hot flash!!!lol...you never get them when you need'em
53 would be a heat wave?! That's so funny!

Quote:
WOW Time is flying by so quick. Had to work extra shift for someone who called in sick, so my New Year has started out busy busy.

Here is a link to a very special New Year Wish - my mom sent it to me and I wanted to share with all of you. Guaranteed to bring a smile to your face.

http://www.icq.com/img/friendship/st...d_16961_rs.swf
Too cute...thanks for the smile! I needed that today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerxenos View Post
Good Morning! I did not want to get out of bed this morning, it's in the single digits here, Brrrrr!

We've got one more day of cold, then it's going to get up in the 40s at the end of the week, thank god.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Isn't the 40's still freezing?! It cracks me up when you say "one more day of cold" and then it's going to get UP in the 40's! What is the temp today? It was in the low 30's early this morning. Just checked the temp...it's 50 now and COLD!!!! Here in FL when it's cold, you see people walking around in mittens, scarfs, heavy jackets as if we are in the the snow! LOL! This is a pic of Julia yesterday when we were outside for a bit. It was in the 50's which it sounds like it's shorts weather for you guys!

It's not about worrying about what's down the road, or where you will end up, it's about enjoying where you are right now.
  Old  January 4th, 2012, 12:13pm     #75
tangee43
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:

It came today UPS!

This is the eighth week.

I won a $1000.oo check
a motorala zoom tablet
a digital camera,

GOOD LUCK!
WhoooHooo! Congratulations GP Winner! Nice one!

Quote:
BOTH!!!

"I have always known this: Life damages us, every one. We canít escape that damage.
But now, I am also learning this: We can be mended. We mend each other." ~Veronica Roth
Closed Thread